Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

I don't have a large version, but the other cover has Ferro Lad, which I think is the first time we've seen him on the Bendis team?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Attachment 99422Brett Booth should've done the legion.i'm not a fan of sook's redesigns foe some of these characters.Dawnstar .Element lad and Blok are the worst.
    Yeah. This is the first incarnation of the Legion where I have no interest at all. Some of these those character design are really horrid.

Booth has his problems but at least his characters look good.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I don't have a large version, but the other cover has Ferro Lad, which I think is the first time we've seen him on the Bendis team?
    Looks like a different Superboy design but then again the tease is "The Return of Mon-El?" so maybe he's sporting the Kryptonian symbol for "hope"? :-P

It WOULD harken back to a Super look for Mr Gand from another series...

Still my favourite era.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Upcoming LEGION cover teased by Nicola Scott on Twitter...
    https://twitter.com/NicolaScottArt/s...801216/photo/1
    I quite like Shady's look. Ultra-Boy's not so much an improvement.

In case you haven't seen them, Bendis shared two sneak peek of the coming issues :

Monster Boy and the three founders (I think) : https://www.instagram.com/p/CD6ZSC9pifK/

And Ferro Lad punching Jo Nah's father in the face :https://www.instagram.com/p/CEAbTPwprzy/

I had a feeling they'd make Ferro dark-skinned like originally planned waaaaaaay back in the day. Nice to see him finally presented as intended.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I quite like Shady's look. Ultra-Boy's not so much an improvement.
    Ultra Boy would look a little more like his old self if they switched the solid green with the solid red, but the outfit is too busy, and I miss his belt. Sun Boy really looks great in that pic. I thought the design was too similar to modern era Sunfire at Marvel, but looks pretty good here. Have we seen Sun Boy when he's flamed off? I'm most disappointed by the Ranzz twins -- especially Ayla whom looks nothing like her old self.

Beyond looks, it's taking way to long to see some of the Legion close up. I'm tired of Jon and Imra getting all the spotlight.

Extraordinary Member

I haven't read any of Bendis' Legion but from this review, it looks like a hot mess.

http://legionofsuperbloggers.blogspo.../lsh-v8-8.html

Meh. I can find reviews which are really aludative.

All I can say is that's a Legion I can get behind because their costumes don't look like something a man in the sixties looks futuristic, at the very least.

The Legion's been updating their costumes for years, so with anything which looks you prefer usually come down to personal taste.

It’s fun ENOUGH, but I’m waiting for there to be a story. There’s a great deal fo change for eth sake of change, and some oof it is a real ass-scratcher. Why is RJ Brande a woman? Why is the UP headquartered on Daxam? Why did DC go back and forth on making Garth and Ayla black, even up to the release of the first issues’ releases? We saw solicits with a white Garth. Then the released issues had him, and Ayla black. The public back and forth is the really weird part.Why go to the lengths of explaining the Giffen-eque virtual tags, and then not show them AND the White Witch? I wouldn’t mind of the Fatal 5 turned up, and took out a Legionairre, each.

I like Sook. Not wild about all of the costumes. Booth would’ve been quite good.

I’m new to the Legion and I’m loving this series. Bendis is in top form to me. Not having a history with the characters, I’ve mostly liked the costumes. When I was trying to learn about the characters, I did a search and found the image below. I guess it’s an 80’s book judging from the price. I think the modern costumes are dramatically better than what’s pictured. Superboy literally just looks like Superman! Sook has done an outstanding job updating the looks.

8C2CB520-46D1-4DDB-B542-31ACAC0D79B3.jpg

I’ve never been a fan of Bendis but so far I’m liking his Legion. It’s all over the place but that’s Bendis. I like teams and a lot of characters. I don’t hate the new costumes. To many characters to really say yay or nay. Some are good and some are not. I think Blok looks really cool. Still waiting for back stories on the new members.