Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Legion of Super-Heroes (LoSH) Appreciation 2020

Starting this off because I had something to share. See below...

I was searching for something totally unrelated, and came across this old site from 1999.
    About midway on the right there are download links for Interlac fonts.
    I tested the two Windows fonts. The first link is now broken, but the second one (Windows TrueType) still works.

Bits O' Legionnaire Business
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Thanks for sharing - and for starting this page!

Long Love the Legion!!
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-13-2020 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Starting this off because I had something to share. See below...

[/URL]
    Ugh, who drew this picture from Who's Who in the DC Universe? Not my favorite by a long shot!

Setting that aside, I do appreciate the Legion. The original Levitz was my favorite run, but Shooter has done some great stuff on the series over the years!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I’m coming at this as a fan of the current series. I’m surprised at how much I’m enjoying it! The variety of characters has obviously been a strength of the Legion and I really think that’s something that will give the series some freshness. Having different voices each issue should be fun. I know that’s something Bendis is just touching on so far but I expect it will be better.

Not a fan of the old school looks of earlier eras but it’s still impressive the number of members featured in the book.

I love the classic Legion. Honestly I feel like it was never quite the same since Superboy died; I wasn't reading the books at the time, but I've gone back and read a lot of pre-Crisis Superboy and yeah, that stuff is awesome.

This look for Superboy is actually probably my favorite single look for Superman.

I'm still a little salty about the new Legion being completely uninterested in Kal, but this is a thread to celebrate what I love, and I love classic Legion!

"You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Ugh, who drew this picture from Who's Who in the DC Universe? Not my favorite by a long shot!
    I'm pretty sure it was Greg LaRocque. He replaced Steve Lightle in the 80s. Lightle is the one who replaced Keith Giffen.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was Greg LaRocque. He replaced Steve Lightle in the 80s. Lightle is the one who replaced Keith Giffen.
    That’s def Greg LaRocque. One of my favorite classic artist runs. His pencil fared better when not under the inks of Mike DeCarlo.
    But still, a tremendous run.

Last edited by Lee Stone; 02-10-2020 at 07:36 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I love the classic Legion. Honestly I feel like it was never quite the same since Superboy died; I wasn't reading the books at the time, but I've gone back and read a lot of pre-Crisis Superboy and yeah, that stuff is awesome.

This look for Superboy is actually probably my favorite single look for Superman.

I'm still a little salty about the new Legion being completely uninterested in Kal, but this is a thread to celebrate what I love, and I love classic Legion!

I’ve said this in another thread but as a kid, I briefly thought Superboy & Superman were different people because Superboy had the “ultra modern” sideburns. I absolutely love the Legion from that era. I’ve actually gone back and collected some of the silver age stories and while they’re simpler, they’re still really good. Crisis really ruined the group for me. Everything after feels off.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Same, The classic legion is my favorite legion version, Once I hope Geoff could pull this legion back in continuity in DDC, But unfortunately Geoff replaced it which Bendis' new legion..............
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

I’m actually a fan of many iterations of the Legion. I started with the cartoon when I was younger and when I got into comics I started with Mark Waid’s 2004 reboot run. Then they brought to my attention that there have been multiple teams which took some getting used if I’m honest, especially in the Final Crisis mini which I read. I’ve so far managed to get into the post Zero Hour reboot version of the team which I do like, and I’m currently reading Bendis’ version which I find ok and will wait to see how it finds its footing after the initial introduction arc. Only version I really I’m not actually too familiar with is the classic team Superman was a part of ironically, however I am aware of them especially with Starman on the JSA and hopefully someday I’ll correct that.

So for me honestly there is no “correct” version of the Legion, I’ve experienced a lot of different versions and just appreciate the overall concept.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Always my favorite Legion

Ultimate Member

While the classic team is my favorite, I do love some of the individual characters from the Reboot (Kid Quantum 2, Dragonmage) and Threeboot (Gazelle, Theena), and would enjoy a sort of 'combo-boot' that integrated some of the teams together (skipping duplicates. I do NOT want to read about three different Ultra Boys, together, even if he is one of my favorite Legionnaires overall!).

Indeed, I'd love to read a 'Legion of One World,' composed of Legionnaires from different continuities who do NOT have duplicates in the other worlds. So no Founders, no Brainy, no Dream Girl, none of the characters that exist in all three of the 'main' continuities. But yes to Shikari and Tellus and Dream Boy, Tyroc and Gates and Sizzle, characters that only exist in one of the three continuities (or four, counting new, new Legionnaires like Monster Boy and 'Gold Lantern'). That could be fun and different.

Boisterously Confused

I'm pretty sure that this was the first Legion book that I ever bought!

Wasn't a big fan of the Legion pre-mid 80's. So maybe someone can tell me how they justified Super-boy, Super-girl, Mon-el and Ultra Boy being on the team at the same time when they had a rule of no duplicate powers? Even with Ultra boy only being able to use one power at a time it's still the same powers as a SB and Mon. I mean, that's the reason Alya got that stupid gravity powers instead of her lightning.