Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Yeah, doesn't look like Jon, Brainy or Rose have noticed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Art by Sarah Leuver

Wrong logo, Gold Lantern. And spot the fake Triplicate Girl.
    May as well call Dream Girl Sandgirl now .

Anyone spot Invisible Gentleman yet? ( I'm pretty sure I know where he is...)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Anyone spot Invisible Gentleman yet? ( I'm pretty sure I know where he is...)
    I would assume he's drinking from the glass behind Saturn Girl. Or he could be whatever it is that Projectra and Shadow Lass are looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I would assume he's drinking from the glass behind Saturn Girl. Or he could be whatever it is that Projectra and Shadow Lass are looking at.
    I'm pretty sure Lightning Lad bumped into him, causing him to spill his green drink. I think Saturn Girl is just using telekinesis to hold her drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    May as well call Dream Girl Sandgirl now .
    Yeah wishing Dream Girl was colored more as a sparkly silvery silicate sand form to reference her previous preferred color of costume. That SEEMED to be the way it was leaning on the Dream Girl cover so perhaps its just a matter of fine tuning the coloring?

LEGION 1.jpgBrett Booth should've done the legion.i'm not a fan of sook's redesigns foe some of these characters.Dawnstar .Element lad and Blok are the worst.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Part of me actually likes the fact that the Legion members in Bendis' run, actually look like aliens. I Always found it weird that so many of Dc's alien races look just like humans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    LEGION 1.jpgBrett Booth should've done the legion.i'm not a fan of sook's redesigns foe some of these characters.Dawnstar .Element lad and Blok are the worst.
    That's a nice pinup in which Booth excels, but he's not great at storytelling -- putting characters in awkward poses and creating confusing panel layouts. I do think, though, that using one artist for character design was not the best idea. Not every artist is a Dave Cockrum.

Extraordinary Member

For those who loved the Paul Levitz Baxter book period, here is a link to an interview with artist Steve Lightle from those early Baxter issues:

http://legionofsuperbloggers.blogspo...-with-lsb.html

Is that Sarah Leveur picture from the upcoming artist extravaganza for issues 8 and 9?

Quote Originally Posted by Hatut Zeraze View Post
    Is that Sarah Leveur picture from the upcoming artist extravaganza for issues 8 and 9?
    I don't think so. I think she just wanted to draw it and did and shared it on Instagram or something.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Part of me actually likes the fact that the Legion members in Bendis' run, actually look like aliens. I Always found it weird that so many of Dc's alien races look just like humans.
    Didn't they hand-wave that away at some point in the 1990s by saying Valor had seeded a bunch of what would be come UP planets with human life that adapted to the various environments over time?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Didn't they hand-wave that away at some point in the 1990s by saying Valor had seeded a bunch of what would be come UP planets with human life that adapted to the various environments over time?
    Yes it was a Legion Annual. The Dominators had kidnapped a ton of people during the Invasion crossover, and were using them to continue their research into the meta gene to try and duplicate it or turn the captives into human weapons. Valor freed the captives but so many had been altered by the Dominators they would have a hard time fitting in back on Earth. Instead Valor set up colonies with people who had the same activated powers along the border of what would one day be UP space. Those worlds included Braal,Carggg, Bismol, Lallor, Winith, Thanar, Thar, Zwen, and others. It was because of this and then the fact that Valor disapeared soon after (being sent to the Phantom Zone) that he was seen as a jesus like figure on some of the these worlds in the reboot era, and had a whole religion based around him. It was that reason he took the name M'Onel to hide who he really was.

Upcoming LEGION cover teased by Nicola Scott on Twitter...
    https://twitter.com/NicolaScottArt/s...801216/photo/1