Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I'm really loving Monster Boy too. Also on the fence about the new looks for Element Lad, Shrinking Violet and Phantom Girl. But we also haven't seen them do much or have much or any dialogue. Loving what they've done with Chuck with his being very formidable now. Can't wait to see Ferro Lad and Invisible Kid I as well as more Invisible Kid II.
    You mean the Invisible Gentlemen

tumblr_b61bcf789420eaa8bddc6eea6f0011bb_9ff6b77c_1280.jpg
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Oh yeah. Forgot. I hope he didn't full on quit. We also need to finally SEE Lyle. He spoke in Millineum but hasn't since.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I'm really loving Monster Boy too. Also on the fence about the new looks for Element Lad, Shrinking Violet and Phantom Girl. But we also haven't seen them do much or have much or any dialogue. Loving what they've done with Chuck with his being very formidable now. Can't wait to see Ferro Lad and Invisible Kid I as well as more Invisible Kid II.
    Considering I detest Bendis I have to admit I’m enjoying this so far. Probably the first thing he’s done I’ve liked since Daredevil. Monster Boy is cool. Chuck has always been pretty much In the background or just left out all together. If Roundhouse can be formidable then Chuck certainly can too since he’s been around far longer. DC editors must have a tight leash on the reckless one. Something Marvel didn’t do. Bendis can’t do what he does best and that is destroy continuity. DC’s continuity mess was there before Bendis arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I see the they still have the 5 Years Latter... Legion Omnibus listed on Amazon as coming out at the end of September. It has Legion of Superheroes 1-39, Adventures of Superman 478, Annuals 1-3, Timber Wolf 1-5, and a bunch of stuff from the Whos Who books. It collects all the Giffen/Bierbaum issues.
    Thanks for this. $150/£120 is quite a hefty price. I might consider buying it at half that price.

I buy comics digitally these days and already have all the LSH issues, which I had to purchase individually.

Good that DC rates the material enough to release it in an omnibus though.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Too much like the Gentleman Ghost...

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    He was the only part of that generation I found intriguing, since he wasn't (in my opinion) a distorted version of a familiar character. (Although if this was the continuity where Nightwind became a member, that would make *two* things...)

I've long wanted to see a 'Legion of One World' comprised of a temporary team up of Legionnaires who only exist in a single 'boot, like Kid Quantum II, Tyroc and Gazelle, and someone like Devlin, who only ever existed in this one continuity, would be well suited for such a team. (As opposed to the usual cross-continuity bit, with three Brainiac 5's arguing, three Dreamy's, three Jo's, nine Founders, etc.)

There have been a ton of one-off characters like Gates, XS, Tellus, Kinetix, Karate Kid II (Myg), etc. that I feel like deserve more attention than 'Lightning Lad 4.0.'
    Oh, that'd be a fun idea. Hmm, how many of Jacques are there? For a while I thought he was just pre-Crisis/5YL, but apparently Bendis is using him? There are two of Nightwind, one from the pre-Zero Hour era, one from the Reboot Legion's trainees with the likes of Babbage.

Another great "single iteration" Legionnaire are Monstress, killed on a whim by the Progenitor, and Shikari, from that same Reboot timeline, and maybe Laurel Gand from the 5YL timeline? There was a Laurel from Reboot as well but she quit the Legion to become a nun if I recall, and she had racial supremacist ideology at first so there's not really many comparisons between her and the 5YL version.

One idea I've been thinking about lately is that different members of the Superman Family seem to have one Legion they spent most time with, that other Supers haven't as much. Kal is most associated with the pre-Crisis Legion or the Retroboot Legion, Kon with the Reboot Legion, Kara with the Threeboot Legion (though to be fair she was with the pre-Crisis Legion as well obviously), and now Jon has a Legion of his own that I guess we're calling the Bendis Legion for lack of a better name. It'd be interesting to see a Legion crossover where the emphasis is on the fact that different Supers have different Legions.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Oh, that'd be a fun idea. Hmm, how many of Jacques are there? For a while I thought he was just pre-Crisis/5YL, but apparently Bendis is using him? There are two of Nightwind, one from the pre-Zero Hour era, one from the Reboot Legion's trainees with the likes of Babbage.

Another great "single iteration" Legionnaire are Monstress, killed on a whim by the Progenitor, and Shikari, from that same Reboot timeline, and maybe Laurel Gand from the 5YL timeline? There was a Laurel from Reboot as well but she quit the Legion to become a nun if I recall, and she had racial supremacist ideology at first so there's not really many comparisons between her and the 5YL version.

One idea I've been thinking about lately is that different members of the Superman Family seem to have one Legion they spent most time with, that other Supers haven't as much. Kal is most associated with the pre-Crisis Legion or the Retroboot Legion, Kon with the Reboot Legion, Kara with the Threeboot Legion (though to be fair she was with the pre-Crisis Legion as well obviously), and now Jon has a Legion of his own that I guess we're calling the Bendis Legion for lack of a better name. It'd be interesting to see a Legion crossover where the emphasis is on the fact that different Supers have different Legions.
    I think the idea that there have been multiple different Legions would actually play well with what is currently going on in DC, which is that they acknowledge that reboots and continuity/history changes have in fact occurred on multiple occasions. Even Bendis' Legion has called it out specifically with Brainiac 5 aware that changes to the past(our present) have impacted the future and the past because of it is fuzzy to the future. It might be also an interesting stance to take that even though the different iterations are effected by what happens to the universe that each team of Legion has one specific goal in mind, prepare the newest member of the Superfamily in that era of continuity to save the universe or control and or hone their abilities better.

The golden age raised Superman, the zero hour raised Conner, the reboot helped Supergirl, and Jon's currently on the present iteration of the team. Its almost like a weird universal constant rite of passage.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    The golden age raised Superman, the zero hour raised Conner, the reboot helped Supergirl, and Jon's currently on the present iteration of the team. Its almost like a weird universal constant rite of passage.
    That a neat observation, and while I'm not a huge fan of the Bendis Legion iteration so far (true to my nature, I'm more intrigued by the standalone's like Monster Boy, Dr. Fate and Green Lantern, than 'the fourth Brainiac 5'), I do MUCH prefer that if a Legion is going to serve as the backup singers to this new Superboy, that it be a new Legion I'm not so terribly invested in, than the old classic Legion (who would fit terribly into the role, including a lot of seasoned heroes and adults-with-kids and married couples, to be 'hanging out' with someone of Jon's age). So if Jon's gonna have 'a Legion experience of his own,' it's probably for the best it's with a new made-up age-appropriate Legion.

Or, if it were with the 'classic' Legion, it be with some of the newer members, like Chemical Kid and Dragonwing, who might have reason to be a bit less 'adult' in their behavior than classic Lightning Lad, Mon-El, Phantom Girl, Violet, etc. but that runs the risk of annoying fans who wanted to see the 'classic' Legionnaire icons and dynamic visuals of Founders + Brainy, Dreamy, Dawny, etc.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 07-18-2020 at 09:12 AM.

Mighty Member

Does anyone have a list of Legion reboot runs, the writers and a letter grade if they were any good? That would be interesting, I remember quitting after they rebooted them all as young teenage kids, and I've lost track ever since.

What's your favourite LSH cover? This is one of mine.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
    What's your favourite LSH cover? This is one of mine.
    I loved so many of Keith Giffen's covers, but this one has to be my favorite:

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I have always loved this cover.

LSH 277.jpgmy fav Cover

Boisterously Confused

Image.jpg

I especially loved Proty as the photographer.

Ultimate Member

This one's a fave. I love seeing the new characters, Sensor Girl and Tellus, and some new characters that didn't make the cut, like Energy Boy, 'Tiger Girl' and 'the Skreaks.'