All-New Member

Default Superman trapped in a dimension where there's no passage of time.

Greetings.

I am wondering if anyone would happen to know which comic this occurred in. Superman is trapped by an enemy in such a way that there is no time in which to perform an escape. I never saw the next issue, and have always wondered what happened. I think the issue was published in the '70s. Unfortunately, I've had no luck looking on-line, probably because I'm not entering the appropriate search criteria.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Noël View Post
    Greetings.

I am wondering if anyone would happen to know which comic this occurred in. Superman is trapped by an enemy in such a way that there is no time in which to perform an escape. I never saw the next issue, and have always wondered what happened. I think the issue was published in the '70s. Unfortunately, I've had no luck looking on-line, probably because I'm not entering the appropriate search criteria.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Isn't that what the Phantom Zone is?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Isn't that what the Phantom Zone is?
    I forgot about that. However, I remember Superman saying something like, "It must have taken him a long time to find a dimension that could hold me." Regardless, if anyone knows about that particular storyline, even if it turns out to be The Phantom Zone, please let me know.

You mentioned an enemy. Do have any recollection of what that enemy looked like? No guarantees, but if you could, that might help narrow it down.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Any visual description of the other character or where he was stuck? It doesn't ring a bell unless I just remember the same thing differently.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    You mentioned an enemy. Do have any recollection of what that enemy looked like? No guarantees, but if you could, that might help narrow it down.
    Unfortunately, not. I can't even remember if I read the whole story, as it may have been over 45 years ago. Sorry. I'm just curious how he escaped.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

There was an Action Comics arc where the Time Trapper trapped Superman 100,000 years into the future or something like that. Superman was aged and couldn't go backwards in time - just forward.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Leave it to Superman to make such a specific thing sound like something that could have happened in a few thousand stories. I am sorry I'm drawing a blank, but the good thing is I can say that you can find stuff similar in the Adventures or Superman collections based on Juan Luis Garcia Lopez and Gil Kane. Those really are the best collections of Superman from that time
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES