Default Archie Comics Editor In Chief Has Passed Away

It’s a sad day in Riverdale as Archie comics EIC Victor Gorelick has passed away at 78. Gorelick’s passing was announced on the Archie Comics Twitter page, writing that “No person embodied the Archie spirit more than Victor, who was a leader, friend and mentor to everyone who walked through the doors of Archie.”
    Gorelick had a storied career at Archie Comics, where he started working at 16 years old. He rose through the ranks and saw the company shift throughout the decades, changing storylines, adding new characters, and undergoing various design overhauls. Archie Comics are currently enjoying an all new audience thanks to the success of teen television series like Riverdale and Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Gorelick was awarded the Inkpot Award at the 2008 San Diego Comic-Con International.

https://www.themarysue.com/rip-archi...ctor-gorelick/

RIP Mr. Gorelick.

I think I remember him popping up in one of the Sonic Off-Panel gag comics.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Damn, what a shame. I met him at a New York con several years ago. He was a nice guy and will be sorely missed.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Rest in peace, Archie Comics will miss him.