While many focused on the announcement of Green Lantern, there's another DC show set for HBO Max that's said to be major: Strange Adventures.

Taking its name from the sci-fi/horror anthology comic series, Strange Adventures takes place in a representation of the DC Universe. Each episode is told from varying perspectives about what a world of superheroes and superpowered beings is like both for the heroes themselves, and the everyday men and women who inhabit it. The DCU being what it is, we can expect many different things out of the show. One episode could be a cosmic adventure starring Adam Strange, another might be a mystical horror with Deadman, we could see the perspective of a civilian's life in Metropolis where Superman exists but at a distance (have a story about a kid who's a fanboy of Superman, and in the end gets saved by him), or alternatively a civilian's life in Gotham and dealing with the high stress that comes with living in that wretched hive, you get the idea.

I hope there's a good amount of variety and perspectives. I hope to see perspectives ranging from superheroes themselves, civilians, law enforcement, and even villains, so as to get a good idea of how things are for everyone. This is a superhero anthology, though I hope it's one that takes place in a consistent continuity with overlap, that way characters can recur and past events can be referenced and there's a sense that things matter going forward. Like Green Lantern, this show is said to have a large budget exceeding $100 million.

Interestingly, this was in its early development a show meant for DC Universe but ended up getting moved to HBO Max. That doesn't speak well of DCU going forward...

Anyways, what do you think of this? Any stories you would like to see? Any ideas in general? Discuss.