Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Marriage Story was over praised.
    This.

Adam Driver cried really well though, I guess

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    This.

He also yelled, punched, and sang. All 4 emotions!

BANNED

This.

Hate to say this, but it’s reality. Adam Driver is taken serious as an actor because he’s not very attractive.

BANNED

Joker shpuld had won them all. Anyway I don't watch the oscars live or in full, so bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Hate to say this, but it’s reality. Adam Driver is taken serious as an actor because he’s not very attractive.
    So, wait, good looking people (or only men?) are only taken seriously as actors when they’re not conventionally attractive?

So, wait, good looking people (or only men?) are only taken seriously as actors when they’re not conventionally attractive?
    Maybe hes saying that since Driver isnt attractive that he must be a good actor to get this kinda attention. Though the idea he is objectively unattractive is silly af. I think hes a little weird looking but I know plenty of women find him attractive.

Avengers Endgame broke a record at the Oscars on Sunday. It's the highest grossing film in cinema not to ever win a single Oscar.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Agreed. Oscars have been politically correct since 2001. When Halle Berry won an Oscar for best actress in 2001, I at first asked myself, "was her performance in Monster's Ball worthy of an Oscar?" I thought Nicole Kidman's performance in Moulin Rouge! was more deserving.
    Kidman while the consistently better actress when we look at their body of work, Halle that year with that performance put in a better performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    There are massive Oscar campaigns by movie studios who do exactly this. Award shows like the Academy Awards are only about people who live and work in Hollywood.
    So the award goes to the campaign that works best? Well I guess the movies that didn't win their studio's should hire better campaign managers.

Also if the awards now go to whoever plays the Joker Leto's still waiting. He was the Joker in an Oscar wining film afterall

Amazing Member

I thought Adam Sandler at least deserved a nomination. Uncut Gems was great. Very intense movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Maybe hes saying that since Driver isnt attractive that he must be a good actor to get this kinda attention. Though the idea he is objectively unattractive is silly af. I think hes a little weird looking but I know plenty of women find him attractive.
    I’d call him unconventionally attractive.

His hair is kind of a turn off for me, though. Never much liked longer hair on men. ::shrug::

Having seen 1917 and Parasite. The two films are good at what they do. Parasite has a better story. 1917 for all other else.

1917 should have won for Best Director. Parasite rightfully taking Best Picture.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Avengers Endgame broke a record at the Oscars on Sunday. It's the highest grossing film in cinema not to ever win a single Oscar.
    That's really not surprising

BANNED

Unfortunately there is some truth to this, but it’s not wide spread. Put Reynolds or Hemsworth or Evans in the role instead of Driver, I’m pretty sure any of them wouldn’t get a nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Bet it'll be remembered long after a lot of these Oscar-winners are forgotten, too.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)