BANNED

Default Marvel should do a mini series about Shuri and her overall place in Marvel past.

Given how its Black History month and given Marvel history of how little we know of her : Why don’t Marvel do a mini series based on Shuri and where she was during major Marvel moments that her brother was involved in: like where was she when the Fantastic Four first came to Wakanada or when the Falcon got his new wings or when Captain America visits Wakanda ?

Surely there is a story behind it all, right ?

As fans of the character: What do you think of this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Given how its Black History month and given Marvel history of how little we know of her : Why don’t Marvel do a mini series based on Shuri and where she was during major Marvel moments that her brother was involved in: like where was she when the Fantastic Four first came to Wakanada or when the Falcon got his new wings or when Captain America visits Wakanda ?

Surely there is a story behind it all, right ?

As fans of the character: What do you think of this ?
    I think it would have to be more than just a historical recap in order to justify publishing it... there would have to be some sort of new story being told (similar to Rise). But yeah... given Shuri and even White Wolf were created long after T'Challa, it would be interesting to see what they were up to during the early parts of T'Challa's career. We got small bits here and there in Rise, but I'd like to see more.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think it would have to be more than just a historical recap in order to justify publishing it... there would have to be some sort of new story being told (similar to Rise). But yeah... given Shuri and even White Wolf were created long after T'Challa, it would be interesting to see what they were up to during the early parts of T'Challa's career. We got small bits here and there in Rise, but I'd like to see more.
    Agreed.

Having recently read some of the BLACK PANTHER Epic Collections, I was struck at how many relatives T'Challa has that were never mentioned before who just keep popping out of the woodwork. He has a half-brother who didn't turn up until the late 70s BLACK PANTHER series, which also introduced enough cousins to form a team of stand-in Black Panthers called (lord help us) the Black Musketeers. His step-mother, Ramonda, gets introduced in the late 80s. His adoptive brother, Hunter, debuts in the 90s. Then his sister Shuri turns up in the 2000s--never mentioned before, but shows up and takes over as Black Panther!

And there's probably other relatives floating around out there too. He's got another cousin, M'Koni, who turned up in a DAREDEVIL comic in the 80s I believe.