Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default X-Men Monday #47 – Rogue and Gambit

Last edited by spirit2011; 02-10-2020 at 08:44 AM.

I really liked KT`s answers. She gets them.

Not a preview art, but Gambit with cats is always awesome.
    Cat daddy!

Mighty Member

Now tell me why y'all cancelled Kelly's series, ya chumps?

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    we who? editors or readers?

At least it ended with a Bang! Loved last arc the most.

AIPT: Well, speaking of… Poppers Ann (@MySnackPack) said given Krakoa’s more open views on love and relationships, how often a week do we think Magneto visits Rogue and Gambit’s home?

Kelly: Ha! None times! Listen, I’m glad for any mutants who have figured this out for themselves, but I don’t see Rogue and Gambit (>cough< Gambit >cough<) going for that anytime soon. Ironically, Gambit would definitely be open to more unconventional relationships… but not with Magneto. That’s a hard pass for him.

Tini: Rogue mentions in Excalibur #6 that she has a hard time opening up. I think some readers took that to mean she doesn’t want family and community–which we all know isn’t true. She loves being around people she can open up to and share with–but that’s just not a lot of people. I think Rogue is a little private with her intimacy–be that emotional or otherwise.

I mean, she definitely doesn’t want to see anyone else in the house when she wakes up and makes her coffee, so anyone who comes over better lock up on their way out.
    also love the synergy between KT and Howard.

Aww this was sweet. Nice to see so many past moments and I loved what Kelly said.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

AIPT: Well, speaking of… Poppers Ann (@MySnackPack) said given Krakoa’s more open views on love and relationships, how often a week do we think Magneto visits Rogue and Gambit’s home?

Kelly: Ha! None times! Listen, I’m glad for any mutants who have figured this out for themselves, but I don’t see Rogue and Gambit (>cough< Gambit >cough<) going for that anytime soon. Ironically, Gambit would definitely be open to more unconventional relationships… but not with Magneto. That’s a hard pass for him.

Tini: Rogue mentions in Excalibur #6 that she has a hard time opening up. I think some readers took that to mean she doesn’t want family and community–which we all know isn’t true. She loves being around people she can open up to and share with–but that’s just not a lot of people. I think Rogue is a little private with her intimacy–be that emotional or otherwise.

I mean, she definitely doesn’t want to see anyone else in the house when she wakes up and makes her coffee, so anyone who comes over better lock up on their way out.
    every relationship can be open exacept my favorite one. what abig joke this is. Absolute fan favoritism

I have a different view of Rogue, she isn't someone ashamed of her body and desires. She is a bombshell

Yeah, going from Kelly's book to this mess, it really feel like a gigantic downgrade. And I'm not talking about panel time, we all knew Excalibur was going to be team book, I'm talking about the quality and how badly Tini has written them so far, especially Gambit, he is a complete and utter mess under her pen.

Oh cool Rogue's Otherworld outfit has a hood

What DnD class is she?

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    every relationship can be open exacept my favorite one. what abig joke this is. Absolute fan favoritism
    She literally said that an unconventional relationship is possible, just not one with Magneto. She's not ruling out an open relationship at all, just that, if there is one, Magneto wouldn't be a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Oh cool Rogue's Otherworld outfit has a hood

What DnD class is she?
    Was thinking the same thing! I love the hood.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Was thinking the same thing! I love the hood.
    Uh... a rogue maybe? Depending on stat rolls having two in a group helps.

If you add the cats, Gambit’s ranged throwing edges him into “ranger” territory

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    She literally said that an unconventional relationship is possible, just not one with Magneto. She's not ruling out an open relationship at all, just that, if there is one, Magneto wouldn't be a part of it.
    Precisely. Magneto is the component Kelly is arguing. Not unconventional relationships. She even specified that Gambit wouldn't be open to HIM.