Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Precisely. Magneto is the component Kelly is arguing. Not unconventional relationships. She even specified that Gambit wouldn't be open to HIM.
    If he wasn't oversaturated already, I could be down with Deadpool showing up from time to time. Gambit did flash him the goods in Gambit V Deadpool (The V is for Versus) after all.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Precisely. Magneto is the component Kelly is arguing. Not unconventional relationships. She even specified that Gambit wouldn't be open to HIM.
    Listen, I ship Gambit & Rogue but I can also be convinced of them brining in Johnny Storm as their throuple boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    She literally said that an unconventional relationship is possible, just not one with Magneto. She's not ruling out an open relationship at all, just that, if there is one, Magneto wouldn't be a part of it.
    ok Kelly seems like they would be open. Tini isn't and says that Rogue is private. aham she slept with magneto, sentry, johnny storm and almost got Deadpool. private aham

Read again Kelly only say Gambit would be up for unconventional relationship. NAd that gambit and rogue wouldn't be open.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-10-2020 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Listen, I ship Gambit & Rogue but I can also be convinced of them brining in Johnny Storm as their throuple boyfriend.
    I could also see them opening up for Deadpool or Bishop.

They've already opened up for Sage, how dare you forget it?

Incredible Member

I feel that forcing EVERYONE into an open relationship is just as unrealistic as none of them being in an open relationship. IT TAKES ALL KINDS OF RELATIONSHIPS, both open and monogamous and by forcing open on someone it never turns out good in real life. It should be an option not a must, so I respect the whole Gambit and Rouge monogamy because having a mix of both monogamy and open is more realistic of the real 4th wall world.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    I feel that forcing EVERYONE into an open relationship is just as unrealistic as none of them being in an open relationship. IT TAKES ALL KINDS OF RELATIONSHIPS, both open and monogamous and by forcing open on someone it never turns out good in real life. It should be an option not a must, so I respect the whole Gambit and Rouge monogamy because having a mix of both monogamy and open is more realistic of the real 4th wall world.
    Two couples out of the 18463828 X-couples really isn’t forcing it. Please relax.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Heh. I was mostly just being playful. Gambit & Rogue have both worked quite hard to end up being in a stable monogamous relationship together that it would be strange for them to be like “so... wanna open this thing up?” like a few months in. But hey, if they’ve defeated death and end up being around for 300+ years, they may redefine what their relationship means in terms of straight cut & dry monogamy.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I truly wish I cared about X-Men romance and relationships as much as you guys do.

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing how Tini develops their marriage in Excalibur.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    every relationship can be open exacept my favorite one. what abig joke this is. Absolute fan favoritism

I have a different view of Rogue, she isn't someone ashamed of her body and desires. She is a bombshell
    I find it rather interesting that you are equating being a monogamous person with being ashamed of one's body and physical desire. Definitely not a take I agree with.

Also, having dated or slept with numerous people individually isn't the equivalent of being polyamorous.

i don't think is not realist not have a open relationship, they are clear a very small minority.
    I wonder if casual sex and friends with benefits are considered open relationships too.

The problem is when choosing what relationships are what, or they open majority or doesn't open anyone. Fan fovoritism really speaks loud

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I find it rather interesting that you are equating being a monogamous person with being ashamed of one's body and physical desire. Definitely not a take I agree with.

Also, having dated or slept with numerous people individually isn't the equivalent of being polyamorous.
    I'm not really equating it to be poliamorous. i was talking that I have the oposite view that Tini have for Rogue.
    But I think Rogue would be more open than the likes of Jean and Lorna
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-10-2020 at 12:17 PM.

I'm not really equating it to be poliamorous. i was talking that I have the oposite view that Tini have for Rogue.
    But I think Rogue would be more open than the likes of Jean and Lorna
    Ok, I understand better now. Thanks for clearing that up.

I tend to agree with Tini on this, mainly because I think Rogue has major trust issues in relationships due to her upbringing- being betrayed/abandoned by loved ones/caretakers and used by them (her bio parents, then Mystique/Destiny).

But I do agree that Rogue, and probably Jean even, could be more openminded to different kinds of relationships due to their ability to live in other people's shoes.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Based off of her emotional history with Gambit, and how traumatic it was for her when her powers manifested, and how she feels/felt when she had to absorb other people's psyches...I've always believed Rogue to be a one-man-at-a-time kind of woman. And while Gambit may be the more carefree and open type of play-boy lover I can definitely see him decidedly and happily changing his ways just to be with Rogue...the one woman he truly loves and who loves him.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Ok, I understand better now. Thanks for clearing that up.

I tend to agree with Tini on this, mainly because I think Rogue has major trust issues in relationships due to her upbringing- being betrayed/abandoned by loved ones/caretakers and used by them (her bio parents, then Mystique/Destiny).

But I do agree that Rogue, and probably Jean even, could be more openminded to different kinds of relationships due to their ability to live in other people's shoes.
    I think I understand what you mean, Rogue can have many relationships but her trust is hard to earn...

I don't see Jean on that, she is very strict on who and why she is sleeping with a person. She only ever slept witha man and that was the lov eof her life

I think I understand what you mean, Rogue can have many relationships but her trust is hard to earn...

I don't see Jean on that, she is very strict on who and why she is sleeping with a person. She only ever slept witha man and that was the lov eof her life
    I'm definitely not a Jean expert. She's not a character I've ever really been that invested in truth be told, although I did really love her in X-Men: Red. Has she really only ever been with Scott? (I have no idea.)

But yes, I will say sex, love, and trust are more tied together for some individuals than they are for others. I think Remy can easily compartmentalize these things when a job requires it, but all three come together when it comes to Rogue with love and trust being more important. For Rogue I don't think these things are as separable, but that trust is probably most paramount.