Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Two couples out of the 18463828 X-couples really isn’t forcing it. Please relax.
    It is when the "fans" are demanding that everyone is regardless of if it seems appropriate for the character or not. "Making more babies" people have taken and decided means everyone must be in an open relationship. With rouges past it would be very out of character for her to bed hop when she has a husband I can see her doing if it single and in control of powers, but with her past with cody (her first kiss) and with character s like gambit it makes sense that if she is not single that shes not going to sleep around. Dont forget also her southern upbringing, in the south anything out of hetronormative relationships are VERY BAD and hate crimes still exist to this day. I think with taking that into account and a stable relationship that was true love (raven and destiny) it is very much in her character to be monogamous in a relationship but willing to sleep around when single. Sorta how raven didnt sleep around during the destiny years, but slept around when she wasnt with destiny. I see that as rouges "role model" relationship.

Ya Mystique and Destiny are true love. I interpreted them as having open periods in their relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I'm definitely not a Jean expert. She's not a character I've ever really been that invested in truth be told, although I did really love her in X-Men: Red. Has she really only ever been with Scott? (I have no idea.)

But yes, I will say sex, love, and trust are more tied together for some individuals than they are for others. I think Remy can easily compartmentalize these things when a job requires it, but all three come together when it comes to Rogue with love and trust being more important. For Rogue I don't think these things are as separable, but that trust is probably most paramount.
    Yep Jean only ever been with Scott. X-men Red was one of the best Jean of all time.

Remy is pretty open to casual sex, he really is a womanizer. I mean he was LOL
    I will say that i never stopped to think about how Rogue handle her sexual and romantic life, for the numbers of partners I htought she was more open.

The slut-shaming in this thread is subtle yet strong.

Astonishing Member

That was a good enough interview (didn’t say a lot, but didn’t really expect it to) could have done without that troll question entirely but decent enough response. I too am torn about wanting an explanation about gambit’s possible parents...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    The slut-shaming in this thread is subtle yet strong.
    So is the monogamous shaming.

Lol, I asked that question about Magneto to be intentionally ridiculous. No one is demanding Rogue and Gambit be open, and certainly no one is "monogamous shaming."

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    That was a good enough interview (didn’t say a lot, but didn’t really expect it to) could have done without that troll question entirely but decent enough response. I too am torn about wanting an explanation about gambit’s possible parents...
    I am torn too. I want to know that mystery but at the same time I afraid that I just won`t like it. I am sure that if someone like Cates will get to write Gambit then he would go deep with his origin.
    In my perfect story Sinister is his real dad. Sinister is a huge must be in any origin story that any writer will imagine for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I am torn too. I want to know that mystery but at the same time I afraid that I just won`t like it. I am sure that if someone like Cates will get to write Gambit then he would go deep with his origin.
    In my perfect story Sinister is his real dad. Sinister is a huge must be in any origin story that any writer will imagine for him.
    Agree. It's hard to imagine any origin that isn't somehow connected to Sinister at this point. His 1999 solo danced around it as much as they could. Lots of ways this could be very interesting, but it would need to be handled with nuance and in a way relatively important enough to impact whatever storyline was being presented at that time.

I hope a writer comes along who wants to pitch this.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Agree. It's hard to imagine any origin that isn't somehow connected to Sinister at this point. His 1999 solo danced around it as much as they could. Lots of ways this could be very interesting, but it would need to be handled with nuance and in a way relatively important enough to impact whatever storyline was being presented at that time.

I hope a writer comes along who wants to pitch this.
    Ideally it should be a long enough run with clues towrds the reveal. Won`t like it as forced mini. Gambit never cared too much about his origins and always tried not to look a lot about it. Probably because he always knew that he won`t like what he will find out and Essex will be part of it at least in some way.