Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Bart vs Barry: Should this happen in the future ?

When Barry Allen originally came back him and Bart didn’t get off to the right start. Now I cannot help but wonder if this could happen again given what happened to Wally and his own family. How Bart could accuse Barry of his lack of empathy for Wally’s situation and him not doing a thing about it and his own overall disregard for the Flash family ?

Honestly I would love it if someone called Barry out over the distance he placed himself within the Flash family.

As fans of both characters: What do you think of this idea ?

Honestly it’d be interesting to see how they’d react to each other, far as I recall Barry was never all to close to Bart compared to Max Mercury or Jay Garrick or even Wally but it’s not as if they hate each other give that they are family and have helped each other in the past like Flash: Rebirth or Infinite Crisis. But then again it might be a bit telling that Bart went to his friends in Young Justice instead of Barry. Not to mention if at this point Barry even remembers who Bart is.

I think though that could come into conflict should they meet given that their relationship may not be as strong as Barry and Wally, but I can’t see it as a full fight then more of an argument, especially if Barry questions why if he’s been back why he never came to see him (before Young Justice where he got lost in the multiverse).
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I feel like it's a while before we should see two Flashes duking it out again, but... well, it's not hard to imagine that it could happen, or even handled well.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Well, Bart doesn't really know Barry well enough to give him grief about how he's treated Wally.
    I hate that these two characters haven't interacted since Barry's return. It us just another missed opportunity storywise.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Generally, how superheroes feel about one another doesn't matter to me. Banter, cutesy dialogue, petulant disagreements - it's been done to death and doesn't really mean anything. It's as formulaic as the hero kissing the love interest before going off to save the day.

That said, were I a comics writer, I'd much rather churn out that kind of soapy stuff; it's definitely easier.

Whereas writing something that crackles with energy, high concepts, sci fi elements and time travel? That's what most Flash stories should aspire to. Great stories can come from powerful people disagreeing, of course. But the Flash is an action / adventure / fantasy series about the Fastest Man Alive. It should be...that.

Now, you could include this within a larger story - a panel or two to explain away or acknowledge conflicts from unrelated stories. But why bother acknowledging someone else's crappy stories? That just strikes me as wrong.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Well, Bart doesn't really know Barry well enough to give him grief about how he's treated Wally.
    I hate that these two characters haven't interacted since Barry's return. It us just another missed opportunity storywise.
    I’m glad they didn’t meet up yet to be honest. Don’t need Bart to be a speedster sidekick in the pages of Flash when he’s acting like a professional speedster in YJ.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

In the 1990s and early 2000s, when Barry was still on the dead side of things, Bart regarded his late grandfather with a kind of reverence. At that point, Bart had never met the man, but only knew the legend. When they finally did meet in FLASH: REBIRTH, Bart seemed disappointed that the legend was merely human.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014