Spectacular Member

Default A new Snyder Metal Superman teaser.

Interesting. If this is more grimdark "dark multiverse" depressingness, I might not be into it, but also, I'm partial to the rocker aesthetic invoked here, no pun intended, and I'm curious what's up with that arm.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Spectacular Member

Right now, I'll take it. Anything is better than the boring tripe Bendis is putting us through.

Man all he needs now is to steal Conner's leather spiked jacket and it will be perfect.

But in all seriousness I wouldn't take this too seriously, clearly its just more of Snyder and Capullo having fun with the character designs. I can't wait to hear the official announcement on Wednesday.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Superman fused with Darkseid?

Astonishing Member

Surely this will be silly as hell.

Who are the players? It's still the Justice League, Legion of Doom, Perpetua, Three Monitor Brothers, Batman Who Laughs and probably some return from Barbatos, yeah?
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Surely this will be silly as hell.

Who are the players? It's still the Justice League, Legion of Doom, Perpetua, Three Monitor Brothers, Batman Who Laughs and probably some return from Barbatos, yeah?
    I am assuming it’s the justice league vs whoever wins in hell arisen between lex and bat who laughs.

Snyder also said the book will address other recent dc events.

Hell yeah. Metal was a fun ride, if you didn't demand it be something it wasn't. I look forward to this one too.

Hopefully we can get some Black Label Society quotes from Clark.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Nice. Give him a mullet Capullo!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I am assuming it’s the justice league vs whoever wins in hell arisen between lex and bat who laughs.

Snyder also said the book will address other recent dc events.
    You really think Snyder's going to miss a chance to dunk on the DCU to build up his pet The Batman Who Laughs?

I'm hoping this is just a big, dumb roller coaster ride of fun. Metal ended a bit weakly, but was overall fun. I'll definitely give this a look, though both preview images haven't done it for me.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You really think Snyder's going to miss a chance to dunk on the DCU to build up his pet The Batman Who Laughs?

I'm hoping this is just a big, dumb roller coaster ride of fun. Metal ended a bit weakly, but was overall fun. I'll definitely give this a look, though both preview images haven't done it for me.
    We have more details, and this definitelt fits the description of a dumb roller coaster ride of fun. https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...dc-comics-may/

With what the setting sounds like, it's obvious now we are getting a reboot/5G at the end of the event.

We have more details, and this definitelt fits the description of a dumb roller coaster ride of fun. https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...dc-comics-may/

With what the setting sounds like, it's obvious now we are getting a reboot/5G at the end of the event.
    Given the prominence of the BWL I’m wondering how this is going to be a WW story. I get that she’s front and center which is cool, but it seems like the main bad guy is once again BWL. Will there be some evil WW to fight alongside him I wonder?

Spectacular Member

Supes looks cool. And no idiot red trunks lol.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Wonder Woman being "queen of Hell" really does sound like it's trying too hard to push her as a totes mcgoats radical take, but I'm growing more and more weary with Diana as a Conan character. Still, it looks fun. I'm in if only for the art, but if Snyder ends another big arc with "and then they hug and win with the power of friendship," I'm just going to outright avoid his work going forward. He needs to learn how to end a story in another way.