Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

How did you get started?
    Wonder Woman. My first not-quite-a-comic superhero material that I remember was having the "Wonder Woman faces the Menace of the Mole Men" coloring book. I was four. And then my first comic was Wonder Woman #232, guest-starring the JLA, and I was hooked, although my reading was a melange - WW, Weird Western Tales, and Conan were my favorites for a long time, and then I discovered the Teen Titans and the X-men.

What comics are you reading now?
    Wonder Woman, Saga, Astro City, Justice League Dark, and Lois Lane are the only titles on my pull list. I buy a few other titles regularly, like Young Justice. Beyond those, I pick up trades.

How do you read them?
    The physical manifestation, whether it's single issues or tps. I don't read digital comics.

What do you always find yourself reading again and again?
    Sandman, Swamp Thing, Lucifer, Starman, Kingdom Come, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and certain runs of JLA & WW.

Extraordinary Member

How did you get started?
    I grew up reading Archie comics but switched to Justice League of America after watching Super Friends on Saturday mornings

Other than an occasional book, I retired from comics after Justice by Jim Krueger and Alex Ross around 2007.

How do you read them?
    If I were to buy any, I'd probably purchase a trade hardbound or paperback story

I read Legion of Super Heroes: The Great Darkness Saga at least once a year. I also read Steve Englehart's 10-issue Justice League of America - No Man Escapes The Manhunters from the late 70s, The Judas Contract and others from Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans, Batman: The Long Halloween, and anything drawn by Alex Ross from DC Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonKing View Post
    How did you get started?
    My brother was reading comics and I would read his. I remember I was really fond of the digests and would read a few pages each night (I would stop at the "Continued after the ad" type blurbs to give a cliffhanger until the next night).
    When I started collecting my own comics, I went with Marvel. My brother mainly read DC.
    My first comics were Doctor Strange #53, Fantastic Four #243 and Contest of Champions #1.

Nothing regularly. Nothing being put out today has really interested me. There have been a few things that would get me interested but they get cancelled pretty quickly.

How do you read them?
    I'm all digital now. Either with Comixology, DCUniverse or Hoopla.

Stuff from 1975 to 1994.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

How did you get started?

Honestly heroclix was probably my gateway into DC. Before then I was nearly exclusively Marvel but with the hypertime heroclix set I was exposed to characters that took me out of the Super Friends comfort zone. Who was Anton Arcane? Why was this Flash wearing a helmet? What was of the Legion of Superheros and why were they all flying? The more I looked up, the more I liked.

The Green Lantern and Dial H. I might start picking up Justice League again now that Snyder's gone, I'm still not so sure. I was big into Tomasi Superman but dropped it when Bendis came in.

How do you read them?

Floppies. Can't beat the floppies.

I don't particularly like re-reading stuff. That's just how I am.
    Last edited by Otto Gruenwald; 02-12-2020 at 01:29 PM.
    Reimagined public domain superheroes in a 1945 that never was!
    Read the superhero webcomic THE POWER OF STARDUST!

1. I got started ... probably five or four years ago ? I don't really remember. I started with the New 52 Batman being translated in French.
    2. Currently, I'm reading Justice League Odyssey, Teen Titans, Legion of Superheroes, Superman, Action Comics, Batman and the Outsiders, Aquaman, Red Hood and the Outlaws, The Last God, The Terrifics, Far Sector, and probably other I'm forgetting right now
    3. Most of those are on Comixology, except for Justice League Odyssey and Last God - mostly because it's faster and cheaper to get the monthly issues this way in france - I also buy the French trades when I've got the money, but I'm really behind what I want to buy among those.
    4. Aquaman New 52, Superman New 52, Wonder Woman New 52, Naomi, The Silencer. I never tire of reading those again and again and again.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonKing View Post
    How did you get started?
    How do you read them?
    I never answer questions 2-4

I'm reading Wonder Woman, but only on the 6-month delay from DC Universe.
    💯 Digital now.
    I've been reading about a dozen titles, month by month since 1961, and just entered 1990.

How did you get started?
    - The seed was planted with "Superfriends" - Green Lantern was my fav on that.
    - I was a Marvel kid, but My brother bought "Dark Knight Returns" and that was awesome. I wondered why the Batman I saw on the stands was still young.
    - "Legends" came out and when I saw Guy on the cover, I thought, "What happened to that GL from Superfriends?" so I started buying "Green Lantern", then went back to "Crisis", which really opened up the doors.

- The Green Lantern
    - Doom Patrol
    - The Question
    - The Legion of Superheroes

How do you read them?
    - Digital. My poor old eyes don't function as well as they use to. And I live in a Manhattan apartment, so space isn't exactly plentiful.

What do you always find yourself again and again?
    I don't have so much time now, but I used to read over and over:
    -- Legion of Superheroes - Levitz stuff and the 5YL series
    -- Bronze age Green Lantern
    -- Crisis on Infinite Earths probably once a year.
    -- Batman: Year One