Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Yes, iWolverine will have a print release and I think that and the main series are all that remains now? Can't trust the checklist since they didn't update the bloody thing, meaning issues were marked off when not out yet or vice versa (Rescue should've finished before Ironheart started).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

As for Circuit Breaker, why would Marvel/Disney waste that "one good story" to push an obscure character that is inextricably connected to a property they do not own or make money from? And,why is it even a question?
    You can say that about any lesser marvel hero. Why use squirrel girl in great lakes avengers? She a worthless one shot. no one will ever care about her. She will never sell. Why use rocket and groot? Losers no one cares about. In good hands ANY lesser known hero can be a hit hero. Death's head is from transformers also and machine man who is in this crossover is from the 2001 ip. Red ronin is from godzilla. Captain universe is from micronauts.

So a 2001 and micronauts hero is fine as is another transformers hero but not this one hero?

Mighty Member

Squirrel Girl is no associated with any non-Marvel properties.

Death's Head was used in multiple non-TF series, and is associated more with Marvel's UK comics than TF or "Doctor Who".

Machine Man has showed up in more Marvel comics than "2001" tie-ins. And , Marvel is leaning in on the Ellis (Nextwave) Machine Man.

Red Ronin and Captain Universe are much the same, appearing in more Marvel than licensed comics.

Aside from one page (published to maintain copyright) Circuit Breaker has only appeared in one series, "Transformers". Circuit Breaker is only associated with a run of "Transformers" from 30 years ago.

The only reason that we are even having this idiotic conversation is because I made a passing remark stating the obvious reason why Circuit Breaker is unlikely to show up in a current Marvel book.
    Last edited by CentralPower; 06-26-2020 at 07:37 PM.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Sigh. I give up.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 06-27-2020 at 05:29 AM.

Mighty Member

Default Iron Man 2020 #4

Iron Man 2020 #4:

This issue reveals that Mark 1 (aka "Tony") was shunted in to the mind-scape from Slott's previous run. (It is a sort of techno-astral plane).

The techno-babble is embarrassing.

I do not expect Slott to have expert-level understanding about how computer code works. But, in 2020, I expect a professional writer to have at least passing understanding of common technology, especially when writing a story that is ostensibly about the difference/similarity between meat and machine.

To make matters worse, the series does mot seem focused on its real job, fixing the problems caused to appease Bendis.

There are some nice cover variations though. The Trimpe-riffs are worth buying simply for the visuals.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle

Mighty Member

Default iWolverine 2020 #1

iWolverine #1:

No point wasting time with a fancy lead in.

This is a bad one. Using character dialogue, Hama makes clear that he does not much care about tying in with the main "2020" event.

This would be more forgivable if this issue was more than a badly paced excuse for Hama to play with his favorite z-listers.

"iWolverine" adds nothing to the event, and serves no purpose other than self-indulgence for a writer who is more interested in his boutique characters than anything else.

As bad as "Rescue" and "Machine Man" were, at least they served to advance the main plot of the event (arguably with more focus than the main "Iron Man 2020" series).

Avoid this one-shot, even if you are following the 2020 event. (And, if you are not following it, I ain't gonna recommend that you start.)

Mighty Member

Default Iron Man 2020 #5

Issue #5:
    No real surprises.

The issue is a mix of bronze-age technobabble and the pre-fight, which sets up for what I assume is going to be a rushed final issue.

I wonder if Slott being so lazy and unfocused is because he treated this series as a way to do just "one thing" (fix the stupid adoption reveal).

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Issue #5:
    No real surprises.

The issue is a mix of bronze-age technobabble and the pre-fight, which sets up for what I assume is going to be a rushed final issue.

I wonder if Slott being so lazy and unfocused is because he treated this series as a way to do just "one thing" (fix the stupid adoption reveal).
    But he didn’t fix the adoption. I’m now more confused was Arno in touch with the Starks because in Gillens and Bendis runs, it’s like they left him in the hospice?

At this point, there’s no turning back with the adoption mess it’s too convoluted but thank god for my ability to ignore runs that makes absolute no sense lmao
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

iWolverine #1:

No point wasting time with a fancy lead in.

This is a bad one. Using character dialogue, Hama makes clear that he does not much care about tying in with the main "2020" event.

This would be more forgivable if this issue was more than a badly paced excuse for Hama to play with his favorite z-listers.

"iWolverine" adds nothing to the event, and serves no purpose other than self-indulgence for a writer who is more interested in his boutique characters than anything else.

As bad as "Rescue" and "Machine Man" were, at least they served to advance the main plot of the event (arguably with more focus than the main "Iron Man 2020" series).

Avoid this one-shot, even if you are following the 2020 event. (And, if you are not following it, I ain't gonna recommend that you start.)
    It's not a one-shot, it's a two issue mini.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Oh god, another issue of iWolverine.... Skipping it. Just...no more.

. But he didn’t fix the adoption. I’m now more confused was Arno in touch with the Starks because in Gillens and Bendis runs, it’s like they left him in the hospice?
    I am expecting the next issue to be a clumsy info-dump as Slott rushes to do the one thing he needed to do and has procrastinated on.

And, yes, the Gillen and Bendix runs assumed that Arno was just left at the hospital.

Extraordinary Member

Was 2020 Ironheart released digital only??
    Last edited by Chris0013; 08-01-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Was 2020 Ironheart released digital only??
    Yes. It was only digital only.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Oh god, another issue of iWolverine.... Skipping it. Just...no more.

I am expecting the next issue to be a clumsy info-dump as Slott rushes to do the one thing he needed to do and has procrastinated on.

And, yes, the Gillen and Bendix runs assumed that Arno was just left at the hospital.
    I don’t think Slott is going to end the adoption story. I feel like it’s here to stay or some writer will just gloss over it and somehow Tony is back as their biological son.

And in the latest issue Slott mentioned that Arno knew his parents and Tony Tf?!

Mighty Member

If Slott's run does not resolve the adoption, then what is the point? The adoption is not the only dangling thread from Gillen's run, but it is the one everybody gives a damn about.

This run is not even close to good enough to warrant shelf space as anything other than an expedient fix to problems that the current writer did not cause, letting the next writer go back to basics.

If Slott's run does not resolve the adoption, then what is the point? The adoption is not the only dangling thread from Gillen's run, but it is the one everybody gives a damn about.

This run is not even close to good enough to warrant shelf space as anything other than an expedient fix to problems that the current writer did not cause, letting the next writer go back to basics.
    Slott just wanted to write a bootleg version of the original Iron Man 2020. He is not here to clean any mess. If the adoption was meant to be retconned, I don’t think Slott would’ve waited till the last issue AND if he does that then I don’t know what’s the point of Arnos monologues in the latest issue.