Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 97
  1. #61
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    23,498

    Default

    Yes, iWolverine will have a print release and I think that and the main series are all that remains now? Can't trust the checklist since they didn't update the bloody thing, meaning issues were marked off when not out yet or vice versa (Rescue should've finished before Ironheart started).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  2. #62
    Astonishing Member Gaastra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,801

    Default

    As for Circuit Breaker, why would Marvel/Disney waste that "one good story" to push an obscure character that is inextricably connected to a property they do not own or make money from? And,why is it even a question?
    You can say that about any lesser marvel hero. Why use squirrel girl in great lakes avengers? She a worthless one shot. no one will ever care about her. She will never sell. Why use rocket and groot? Losers no one cares about. In good hands ANY lesser known hero can be a hit hero. Death's head is from transformers also and machine man who is in this crossover is from the 2001 ip. Red ronin is from godzilla. Captain universe is from micronauts.

    So a 2001 and micronauts hero is fine as is another transformers hero but not this one hero?

  3. #63
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Squirrel Girl is no associated with any non-Marvel properties.

    Death's Head was used in multiple non-TF series, and is associated more with Marvel's UK comics than TF or "Doctor Who".

    Machine Man has showed up in more Marvel comics than "2001" tie-ins. And , Marvel is leaning in on the Ellis (Nextwave) Machine Man.

    Red Ronin and Captain Universe are much the same, appearing in more Marvel than licensed comics.


    Aside from one page (published to maintain copyright) Circuit Breaker has only appeared in one series, "Transformers". Circuit Breaker is only associated with a run of "Transformers" from 30 years ago.

    The only reason that we are even having this idiotic conversation is because I made a passing remark stating the obvious reason why Circuit Breaker is unlikely to show up in a current Marvel book.
    Last edited by CentralPower; 06-26-2020 at 07:37 PM.
    Current pull-file:
    Maestro
    Stealth
    Transformers
    Transformers: Galaxies
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

  4. #64
    Astonishing Member Gaastra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,801

    Default

    Sigh. I give up.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 06-27-2020 at 05:29 AM.

  5. #65
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,456

    Default Iron Man 2020 #4

    Iron Man 2020 #4:

    This issue reveals that Mark 1 (aka "Tony") was shunted in to the mind-scape from Slott's previous run. (It is a sort of techno-astral plane).

    The techno-babble is embarrassing.

    I do not expect Slott to have expert-level understanding about how computer code works. But, in 2020, I expect a professional writer to have at least passing understanding of common technology, especially when writing a story that is ostensibly about the difference/similarity between meat and machine.

    To make matters worse, the series does mot seem focused on its real job, fixing the problems caused to appease Bendis.


    There are some nice cover variations though. The Trimpe-riffs are worth buying simply for the visuals.
    Current pull-file:
    Maestro
    Stealth
    Transformers
    Transformers: Galaxies
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

  6. #66
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,456

    Default iWolverine 2020 #1

    iWolverine #1:

    No point wasting time with a fancy lead in.

    This is a bad one. Using character dialogue, Hama makes clear that he does not much care about tying in with the main "2020" event.

    This would be more forgivable if this issue was more than a badly paced excuse for Hama to play with his favorite z-listers.

    "iWolverine" adds nothing to the event, and serves no purpose other than self-indulgence for a writer who is more interested in his boutique characters than anything else.

    As bad as "Rescue" and "Machine Man" were, at least they served to advance the main plot of the event (arguably with more focus than the main "Iron Man 2020" series).

    Avoid this one-shot, even if you are following the 2020 event. (And, if you are not following it, I ain't gonna recommend that you start.)
    Current pull-file:
    Maestro
    Stealth
    Transformers
    Transformers: Galaxies
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

  7. #67
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,456

    Default Iron Man 2020 #5

    Issue #5:
    No real surprises.

    The issue is a mix of bronze-age technobabble and the pre-fight, which sets up for what I assume is going to be a rushed final issue.

    I wonder if Slott being so lazy and unfocused is because he treated this series as a way to do just "one thing" (fix the stupid adoption reveal).
    Current pull-file:
    Maestro
    Stealth
    Transformers
    Transformers: Galaxies
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

  8. #68
    Lazy Struggler BitParallel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Posts
    773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Issue #5:
    No real surprises.

    The issue is a mix of bronze-age technobabble and the pre-fight, which sets up for what I assume is going to be a rushed final issue.

    I wonder if Slott being so lazy and unfocused is because he treated this series as a way to do just "one thing" (fix the stupid adoption reveal).
    But he didn’t fix the adoption. I’m now more confused was Arno in touch with the Starks because in Gillens and Bendis runs, it’s like they left him in the hospice?

    At this point, there’s no turning back with the adoption mess it’s too convoluted but thank god for my ability to ignore runs that makes absolute no sense lmao
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to shit. Rip

  9. #69
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    23,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    iWolverine #1:

    No point wasting time with a fancy lead in.

    This is a bad one. Using character dialogue, Hama makes clear that he does not much care about tying in with the main "2020" event.

    This would be more forgivable if this issue was more than a badly paced excuse for Hama to play with his favorite z-listers.

    "iWolverine" adds nothing to the event, and serves no purpose other than self-indulgence for a writer who is more interested in his boutique characters than anything else.

    As bad as "Rescue" and "Machine Man" were, at least they served to advance the main plot of the event (arguably with more focus than the main "Iron Man 2020" series).

    Avoid this one-shot, even if you are following the 2020 event. (And, if you are not following it, I ain't gonna recommend that you start.)
    It's not a one-shot, it's a two issue mini.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  10. #70
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Oh god, another issue of iWolverine.... Skipping it. Just...no more.

    . But he didnít fix the adoption. Iím now more confused was Arno in touch with the Starks because in Gillens and Bendis runs, itís like they left him in the hospice?
    I am expecting the next issue to be a clumsy info-dump as Slott rushes to do the one thing he needed to do and has procrastinated on.

    And, yes, the Gillen and Bendix runs assumed that Arno was just left at the hospital.
    Current pull-file:
    Maestro
    Stealth
    Transformers
    Transformers: Galaxies
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

  11. #71
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Was 2020 Ironheart released digital only??
    Last edited by Chris0013; 08-01-2020 at 11:18 AM.

  12. #72
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Avengers Mountain.
    Posts
    6,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Was 2020 Ironheart released digital only??
    Yes. It was only digital only.
    " This is why you're the head of S.H.I.E.L.D, Stark. Because you're stronger than anyone. It's not the armor....and you know it. Your here because impossible things happen, and when they do, They call on you to deal with them. You see the angles, Tony. You always have. You see the possible solutions to things that shouldn't be happening." CAROL DANVERS

  13. #73
    Lazy Struggler BitParallel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Posts
    773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Oh god, another issue of iWolverine.... Skipping it. Just...no more.

    I am expecting the next issue to be a clumsy info-dump as Slott rushes to do the one thing he needed to do and has procrastinated on.

    And, yes, the Gillen and Bendix runs assumed that Arno was just left at the hospital.
    I don’t think Slott is going to end the adoption story. I feel like it’s here to stay or some writer will just gloss over it and somehow Tony is back as their biological son.

    And in the latest issue Slott mentioned that Arno knew his parents and Tony Tf?!
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to shit. Rip

  14. #74
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    If Slott's run does not resolve the adoption, then what is the point? The adoption is not the only dangling thread from Gillen's run, but it is the one everybody gives a damn about.

    This run is not even close to good enough to warrant shelf space as anything other than an expedient fix to problems that the current writer did not cause, letting the next writer go back to basics.
    Current pull-file:
    Maestro
    Stealth
    Transformers
    Transformers: Galaxies
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

  15. #75
    Lazy Struggler BitParallel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Posts
    773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    If Slott's run does not resolve the adoption, then what is the point? The adoption is not the only dangling thread from Gillen's run, but it is the one everybody gives a damn about.

    This run is not even close to good enough to warrant shelf space as anything other than an expedient fix to problems that the current writer did not cause, letting the next writer go back to basics.
    Slott just wanted to write a bootleg version of the original Iron Man 2020. He is not here to clean any mess. If the adoption was meant to be retconned, I don’t think Slott would’ve waited till the last issue AND if he does that then I don’t know what’s the point of Arnos monologues in the latest issue.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to shit. Rip

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •