Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Reclusive Marvel CEO Ike Perlmutter Photographed in Public at Trump Event

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-public-959632

His previous photo was from 1988:

Most people who work at Marvel hate the guy, there are several stories about him in Marvel Comics: The Untold Story. It's also no secret that most top-level Disney and Marvel can not stand the guy and are counting the days until he's gone. Kevin Feige struggled to get him out of Marvel Studios lead for one reason: he was tired of having to deal with him.

He who chose Terrence Howard to be replaced by Don Cheadle because all blacks "look the same".

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/...er-kevin-feige

According to The Financial Times, when Don Cheadle was hired at a much cheaper rate to replace Terrence Howard in the Iron Man franchise, Perlmutter allegedly told former chairman of Disney consumer products Andy Mooney that no one would notice because black people “look the same.” Mooney has since left, reportedly over conflicts with Perlmutter, and he was quickly followed out the door by three African-American female executives who have since sought settlements. None of these moves look good on a company that is frequently called out by fans for coming up short on matters of diversity.

He also made a alleged statement to then-Marvel-editor-in-chief Bob Harras that if his children turned out to be gay (like Marvel exec Eric Ellenbogen) that he should kill them.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/09/...arvel-studios/

Like when he thought it was much cheaper to get only two bathrooms for the Marvel Studios and it made men and women share a bathroom each.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...vel-owner.html

Perlmutter eventually found his way into the world of toys, where he proved to be a sharp operator. In later years, stories have circulated of Perlmutter's overriding concern for the bottom line. "If there was some used paper or a memo lying around," said his long-time business partner Avi Arad in a 2009 interview with the Financial Times, "he would rip it into eight pieces and he would have a new memo pad."

According to one report, for a long time the Marvel headquarters had only one bathroom per gender, leading to insufferably long lines come lunchtime.

BANNED

I find it quite amusing that Marvel's creative talent are almost exclusively left-wing, but are happy to take a paycheck from Ikey. Didn't Ramos say he wouldn't be making professional appearances in Trump-voting states? What does he have to say about this?

BANNED

God forbid anyone having different political views...

The only thing controversial here is the racist remark about black people, and that's given no reliable source.
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 12-29-2016 at 11:26 AM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    I find it quite amusing that Marvel's creative talent are almost exclusively left-wing, but are happy to take a paycheck from Ikey. Didn't Ramos say he wouldn't be making professional appearances in Trump-voting states? What does he have to say about this?
    Steranko is a right winger and he's still friendly with old time liberal Stan Lee and took a paycheck from him too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Steranko is a right winger and he's still friendly with old time liberal Stan Lee and took a paycheck from him too.
    I should clarify; there's nothing hypocritical about working for someone whose political opinions are different to your own. Bashing pro-Trumpers and claiming you won't have anything to do with them (I'm talking about the likes of Ramos, Spencer etc.) and then accepting a paycheck from someone who gives big money to Trump is hypocritical, however.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post

The only ring controversial here is the racist remark about black people, and that's given no reliable source.
    I don't know. Perlmutter is a strange duck so I'd believe almost anything about him. He even went to some of Marvel movies premiers in disguise...allegedly.

I should clarify; there's nothing hypocritical about working for someone whose political opinions are different to your own. Bashing pro-Trumpers and claiming you won't have anything to do with them (I'm talking about the likes of Ramos, Spencer etc.) and then accepting a paycheck from someone who gives big money to Trump is hypocritical, however.
    why? Why should what party your boss votes for have anything to do with you accepting their paycheck? Besides, aren't they both freelancers?

I have no idea who our CEO voted for and I'm not going to ask him. People have this weird "take no prisoners" with simple politics these days. That's was wrong with the whole system and why we have had gridlock Congress. Bipartisanship is considered evil. smh

BANNED

why? Why should what party your boss votes for have anything to do with you accepting their paycheck? Besides, aren't they both freelancers?

I have no idea who our CEO voted for and I'm not going to ask him. People have this weird "take no prisoners" with simple politics these days. That's was wrong with the whole system and why we have had gridlock Congress. Bipartisanship is considered evil. smh
    Try reading my posts properly before going on a rant. If you make public statements that you won't associate with Trump-supporters, then work for a Trump-supporter, you're a hypocrite. Ramos stated he wouldn't be going to Trump-voting states, and he continues to work for a company whose owner is a Trump fanboy. He's being selectively bipartisan, that's the point.

Try reading my posts properly before going on a rant. If you make public statements that you won't associate with Trump-supporters, then work for a Trump-supporter, you're a hypocrite. Ramos stated he wouldn't be going to Trump-voting states, and he continues to work for a company whose owner is a Trump fanboy. He's being selectively bipartisan, that's the point.
    Who you work for should not enter into politics. Period. I'm not going to quit my job just because I may find out that my CEO voted for Trump. What they're doing on their own time doesn't matter. It's a boycott that doesn't make sense but it's their right to do it. They just may not want to take any money from Trump votes I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post

The only thing controversial here is the racist remark about black people, and that's given no reliable source.
    lol
    That's the only thing you potentially have a problem with?
    The part where he advocates killing your gay child, that's perfectly fine?

I feel sorry for sana amanat and J willow wilson when they read this headline

Ultimate Member

Who you work for should not enter into politics. Period. I'm not going to quit my job just because I may find out that my CEO voted for Trump. What they're doing on their own time doesn't matter. It's a boycott that doesn't make sense but it's their right to do it. They just may not want to take any money from Trump votes I guess.
    Quoted for truth

Political views aside, that picture is HAUNTING.
    Last edited by cc008; 12-29-2016 at 01:36 PM.

Spectacular Member

I'm not surprised at all and I couldn't care less about any of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    lol
    That's the only thing you potentially have a problem with?
    The part where he advocates killing your gay child, that's perfectly fine?
    That's obviously wrong as well, but again no reliable source.