Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default binary octets

A few days ago, I mentioned that the ads for some of the 2020 issues included binary notation. The ads, and the octets are listed here. I converted the octets going from both left to right and right to left.

Does anyone have any guesses about what (if anything) the numbers might signify?

----------------------
    Iron Man 2020 #2:

(2, 8, 64)
    (2, 16, 64)

(2, 16, 128)
    (1, 8, 64)

-------------------------
    Machine Man 2020 #2:

(2, 32, 64, 128)
    (1, 2, 4, 64)

(2, 16)
    (8, 64)

-------------------------
    Force Works 2020 #1:

(2, 8, 32)
    (4, 16, 64)

(2, 8, 64, 128)
    (1, 2, 16, 64)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Mighty Member

2020 times 2 this week.

"Iron Man 2020" #3 and "Rescue 2020" #1.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Tried Force Works 2020.

Pretty action-packed (thank God). Nice to see some of these characters again.

7.5/10
    Nice I may have to get it . Kinda enjoyed the first series . Which is still in with my iron man collection .

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

D4DA2C95-3732-4EFE-BED6-2140CF87D6AD.jpg

Dan needs to tie Delphine Courtney into this event. She has tie to ROXXON, and could possibly be posing as Sunset Bain.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    D4DA2C95-3732-4EFE-BED6-2140CF87D6AD.jpg

Dan needs to tie Delphine Courtney into this event. She has tie to ROXXON, and could possibly be posing as Sunset Bain.
    Well, Dan did tease “a special dead someone” returning. Could be her?

Wasn’t ROXXON the initial cause of Tony’s parents death before the fuckery was unfold?

I loved reading this thread but I think CentralPower is giving marvel too much credit because I honestly don’t think they are competent in reversing this mess so we winded up with Howard as a satanist. Lmao
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Mighty Member

Actually....

Thus far, I have only flipped through the current issue before dropping it back in my pull-file. (Pay day is tomorrow, and it is probably better if I wait to buy my comics until then.)

But, this week's issue of "Iron Man 2020" specifically references the Rogue Recorder (from Gillen's run), complete with a footnote and everything. (The footnote lists of the year or publication, rather than creative team. But, the explication/dialogue specifically references the Rogue Recorder.

My theory is at the beginning of this thread. The only thing that I am going to restate here is that my theory is about *what* Marvel is going to do, not how well it will be done. Honestly, I am not going to blame Slott for any of this.

The adoption reveal (which I think just about everyone agrees was a dumb idea that nobody actually wanted) was pushed for the sake of preparing for Bendis' run. (Mind you, it was dropped in to Gillen's run, before Bendis even started.) Gillen made it work as well as he could. Then, Bendis never really used it....before jumping ship to DC.

Slott is really just cleaning up a mess that he did not make.

On the other hand, Slott has proven that he can make seemingly unsalvageable ideas work (as seen in "Superior Spider-Man"). So, we have that much reason to be optimistic.

If someone was coming back from the dead, I'd prefer it was Rumiko. I miss Rumiko.

BANNED

Liked issue #3 a lot. Totally digging this 2020 storyline. For the sake of keeping my budget in check I haven't been reading the ancillary books but I'm finding the main series to be a delight. Love the humor (particularly the foul-mouthed H.E.R.B.I.E.!) and I'm pleasantly surprised at how this is very much about Tony (or "Mark One!") and not just Arno.

I definitely feel that there is some cleaning up at work here and by the end of it, Tony will be fully restored - maybe with the adoption angle gone - and the stage will be set for the IM relaunch with Tony at full strength and full confidence.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    If someone was coming back from the dead, I'd prefer it was Rumiko. I miss Rumiko.
    I've been re-reading the Busiek/Chen run and remembering how much I enjoyed that character.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I've been re-reading the Busiek/Chen run and remembering how much I enjoyed that character.
    I really wish she would have appeared in either the Iron Man anime series or the anime movie Iron Man: Rise of Technovore. That said, given the whole A.I. rebellion/robot revolution going on, and as long as we're talking Busiek/Chen . . . anyone think the Sentient Armor will (or should) come back at some point?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Liked issue #3 a lot. Totally digging this 2020 storyline. For the sake of keeping my budget in check I haven't been reading the ancillary books but I'm finding the main series to be a delight. Love the humor (particularly the foul-mouthed H.E.R.B.I.E.!) and I'm pleasantly surprised at how this is very much about Tony (or "Mark One!") and not just Arno.
    Have you ever wondered if Marvel is only pushing HERBIE because Wizard Magazine and Toyfare made such hay of the character 20 years ago? (This is similar to to how Kenner would seemingly make "Star Wars" figures based on jokes that Toyfare made about certain characters.)

Calling Tony "Mark I" is about as clear a meta-sign as any that he is the original Tony.

I definitely feel that there is some cleaning up at work here and by the end of it, Tony will be fully restored - maybe with the adoption angle gone - and the stage will be set for the IM relaunch with Tony at full strength and full confidence.
    The adoption angle is definitely going away. Tony's parents might be getting back-written and devil-worshipping furries (over in Aaron's current "Avengers" run). But, the important thing is that they are Tony's parents again...

anyone think the Sentient Armor will (or should) come back at some point?
    Which one? There have been several sets of sentient armor.

It would make sense either way.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Have you ever wondered if Marvel is only pushing HERBIE because Wizard Magazine and Toyfare made such hay of the character 20 years ago? (This is similar to to how Kenner would seemingly make "Star Wars" figures based on jokes that Toyfare made about certain characters.)

Calling Tony "Mark I" is about as clear a meta-sign as any that he is the original Tony.

The adoption angle is definitely going away. Tony's parents might be getting back-written and devil-worshipping furries (over in Aaron's current "Avengers" run). But, the important thing is that they are Tony's parents again...

Which one? There have been several sets of sentient armor.

It would make sense either way.
    The one from the Busiek/Chen run that went crazy in love, emphasis on crazy, with Tony, and in ways that would make the Venom symbiote toward Peter Parker/Spider-Man look tame.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Finally managed to read issue 3 of "Iron Man 2020".

The Rogue Recorder and God Killer armor (from Gillen's run) are name checked during an explication scene, complete with issue citations.
    (It looks like Marvel/Slott are specifically targeting "God Killer" and "the Secret Origin of Tony Stark".)

Not sure what to make of the art.

Stylistically, it undersells the long-established resemblance between Tony and his father. But, the visual of Tony fighting Arno sells the question of which is more human. Tony's human facial features are accented by a broken/open mask. In contrast, Arno's mask looks specifically mechanical, and malign.

All told, "Force Works" might be a little more subtle (which is saying something). But, Rosenberg jas less to do with a tie-in series than Slott needs to do with a main event.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Tried Force Works 2020.

Pretty action-packed (thank God). Nice to see some of these characters again.

7.5/10
    I thought it was very strong as well. 8/10. Would like to see this continue beyond the 2020 series, but obviously that is extremely unlikely.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Mighty Member

I would not rule out a continuation of "Force Works", particularly with Rosenberg as writer. Are any of the characters slated to show up in the movies?