Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Final issue of Iron Man 2020 came out today, so that happened. Arno's off the board for now (not gonna spoil how it happened right now), Tony is secure in his identity and off to a fresh (re)start, and as for the Extinction Entity . . . well, not gonna spoil that, either, right now.
    Drop some spoiler tags and spill it brother lol! I won't be able to get mines until Saturday.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Drop some spoiler tags and spill it brother lol! I won't be able to get mines until Saturday.
    Fine, I'll spoil.

spoilers:
    The Extinction Entity was really a metaphor for Arno's fear of his disease coming back, and Tony used the Project eScape Armor to create an elaborate illusion for him to live happily and contentedly in the belief that he had saved the entire world, humans and A.I. alike, from it. Meanwhile, Sunset Bain testified in court that everything that had transpired over the course of this run was her idea, her evil scheme to elevate Baintronics to a major world power . . . though it turned out Jocasta made her do it, since the Sunset Bain testifying in court was herself an A.I. Plus, there was confirmation, once and for all, that Tony Stark really was the genuine article, as was James Rhodes, so that put an end to Tony's identity crisis. However, the process used to revive Tony (and Rhodey) was a onetime deal that couldn't be repeated without diminishing returns, to say the least, so no "get out of death free" cards for them. Tony and Janet had a moment, and then it ended with Tony Stark declaring himself, at least in narration, the Iron Man of the future, followed by a teaser for Christopher Cantwell's Iron Man, coming next month.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Fine, I'll spoil.

spoilers:
    The Extinction Entity was really a metaphor for Arno's fear of his disease coming back, and Tony used the Project eScape Armor to create an elaborate illusion for him to live happily and contentedly in the belief that he had saved the entire world, humans and A.I. alike, from it. Meanwhile, Sunset Bain testified in court that everything that had transpired over the course of this run was her idea, her evil scheme to elevate Baintronics to a major world power . . . though it turned out Jocasta made her do it, since the Sunset Bain testifying in court was herself an A.I. Plus, there was confirmation, once and for all, that Tony Stark really was the genuine article, as was James Rhodes, so that put an end to Tony's identity crisis. However, the process used to revive Tony (and Rhodey) was a onetime deal that couldn't be repeated without diminishing returns, to say the least, so no "get out of death free" cards for them. Tony and Janet had a moment, and then it ended with Tony Stark declaring himself, at least in narration, the Iron Man of the future, followed by a teaser for Christopher Cantwell's Iron Man, coming next month.
    end of spoilers
    Thanks my friend. Looking forward to the future!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

You missed a couple of bits.
    spoilers:
    Stark Unlimited is now Bhang Robotics, Tony signed it over to Andy. And Friday's back in her robot body.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Thanks my friend. Looking forward to the future!
    You're welcome. Also looking forward to the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    Stark Unlimited is now Bhang Robotics, Tony signed it over to Andy. And Friday's back in her robot body.
    end of spoilers
    Thanks for adding those in. Knew I was forgetting something.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That’s awesome. Andy deserves his own company and Friday definitely deserves her own body back.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Default Issue 6, iWolverine 2, Force Works 3

Iron Man 2020#6:
    Over the course of those series, I made several predictions.

-the adoption question would be resolved and removed.
    -it would clean up dangling issues from Gillen's 2012-14 run (especially problems foisted on Gillen to accommodate Bendis).
    -the series would not read well.
    -towards the middle, I predicted a rushed ending.

All things considered, I was pretty close.

Yes, I was wrong about the series solving any problems. The adoption question is still there. The dangling problems from Gillen's run are still there, and accented by this series specifically drawing attention to them. It took 6 issues and twice as many tie-ins to add no value nor remove baggage.

But, I was right about how badly the series read. Slot demonstrated neither technical understanding nor philosophical insight regarding the subject matter (natural v/s artificial intelligence). It actually read worse than expected, so I am claiming bonus points on this one.

Similarly, I predicted a rushed ending. This issue was built around an info-dump resolved with McGuffins. The pacing was worse ypthan I expected, so I am calling bonus points here too.

Okay, so I was *very* right about some things, and wrong about others. The stuff I was right about is the stuff that makes this series bad. But, I was right about it. That will need to be enough.

iWolverine #2:
    Did not even bother looking at it.

Force Works #3:
    Flipped through it. Probably the high point of "Marvel 2020", which is not saying much. If I did not already get rid of the first two issues,I probably would have bought this. "Force Works 2020" is passable, but not notable.

The best I can say for "Marvel 2020" is that it is over.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/