Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Krakoa forever!

28 57.14%
  • No. It will be another Genosha

21 42.86%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Will Krakoa perdure?

The big question. The status quo of the X-Men has been changed to the core. We are still reading the fallout of the rise of Krakoa, and it will likely lead to a full crossover event down the line. But... what will happen next?

Those are superhero comics, and more, it's Marvel. Basically any change to the status quo is eventually reverted, and everything always return to the way Stan and Jack created it, or to the 1970s or 1980s at most. Under that light, Krakoa has its days numbered from the start.

But, on the other hand, it took the X-Men to the roof after decades, and it is the work of one of the best current comic book artists. Such credentials surely help the Krakoan case.

There's also the issue of the X-Men MCU films that will come some day. Will they shift to the Krakoan status quo, or just keep and try to improve the one of the Fox series? Either option would cement or harm Krakoa in comics

BANNED

dunno, who cares? im just here for the ride, in my opinion krakoa can exist and there could easly be a "classic" esque title with a team in the mansion, hence the best of both witout just going back to square one

BANNED

and comparing it to genosha is a reach since genoash was at best a fancy location no x-men books cared much for, we will have almost 10 books in krakoa now

We all know that the response is NO, this plot has been used several times by now, but that still doesn't prevent us to enjoy the ride while it lasts.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

BANNED

these threads bore me cause they are repetitive and just seem to be contrarian " oH ur enjoyin this new status quo??? well lemme point how its totaly doomed to fail"
    like... okay? let us enjoy it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    dunno, who cares? im just here for the ride, in my opinion krakoa can exist and there could easly be a "classic" esque title with a team in the mansion, hence the best of both witout just going back to square one
    I'm with you with the ride enjoyment but I personally hope it lasts a long time and becomes a fixture in the 616 like Wakanda. The politics alone can make for some rich stories.

EDIT: Yeah Ferro, this might be the 7th or 8th thread with the same premise. LOL! But it is what it is.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Eventually, yeah. But I hope it still lasts for a while after Hickman leaves.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

I can totally see Krakoa getting wiped out down the line.

Still, I hope Krakoa or some independent mutant nation stays as a permanent fixture. The X-Men themselves can return to a traditional status quo but a mutant nation could make for some good stories.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    I can totally see Krakoa getting wiped out down the line.

Still, I hope Krakoa or some independent mutant nation stays as a permanent fixture. The X-Men themselves can return to a traditional status quo but a mutant nation could make for some good stories.
    Yeah, that would be an interesting outcome.

BANNED

krakoa can easly have all the books we have + traditional mansion x-men, its a win win.
    i think krakoa is a concept that breathes life into the x-men line in general, allowing satalite titles to remain conected and relevant witout shoving everyone into a dirty old mansion

these threads bore me cause they are repetitive and just seem to be contrarian " oH ur enjoyin this new status quo??? well lemme point how its totaly doomed to fail"
    like... okay? let us enjoy it?
    It’s this kind of reply that makes coming to the boards less fun.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    It’s this kind of reply that makes coming to the boards less fun.
    these kind of threads do the same to me, since we have like 3 active ones that could easly harbor this discussion, and there were other 5 last week.
    it already got old.

krakoa can easly have all the books we have + traditional mansion x-men, its a win win.
    i think krakoa is a concept that breathes life into the x-men line in general, allowing satalite titles to remain conected and relevant witout shoving everyone into a dirty old mansion
    I also like the vastness of it all and the fact that Krakoa has been mentioned in many non-X-books is fun.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ultimate Member

We've already read the story of a 'safe place for mutants' failing, whether it be the Morlock tunnels, or Avalon, or Genosha, or wherever, failing and dying over and over and over again.

Frankly, it would be deadly dull if it happened again.

The Marvel Universe can function with fantastic locations like Wakanda, K'un-Lun, the Blue Area of the Moon, the Savage Land, Atlantis, etc. I don't see why Krakoa can't remain, as well, even if some of the X-Men end up back in Westchester, for whatever reason.

BANNED

its like how x-factor was in a randos office or mutant town, or bunncanny's in the savage land and everyother satalite book can just be in krakoa, a viable expansive and interesting setting while the x-men can be in the westchester habitat playing mother teresa over and over again to no result or even interesting stories .