Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    BANNED Zauriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    217

    Default 275K Fans petition to remove Amber Heard from Aquaman sequel

    https://theblast.com/111312/amber-he...tting-johnny-d

    https://www.change.org/p/dc-entertai...from-aquaman-2

    https://www.small-screen.co.uk/amber...c-comics-dceu/

    Amber Heard has been exposed as a domestic abuser by Johnny Depp. In his $50 million lawsuit, Johnny Depp describes many incidents of domestic abuse that he suffered at the hands of his (then) wife Amber Heard,

    The Petition To Remove Amber Heard As Mera In Aquaman 2 Has Over 275,000 Signatures

    Does anyone here on the forums want to remove Amber Heard from the upcoming Aquaman sequel?

  2. #2
    Fantastic Member basbash99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    East Taunton, Mass, USA
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    https://theblast.com/111312/amber-he...tting-johnny-d

    https://www.change.org/p/dc-entertai...from-aquaman-2

    https://www.small-screen.co.uk/amber...c-comics-dceu/

    Amber Heard has been exposed as a domestic abuser by Johnny Depp. In his $50 million lawsuit, Johnny Depp describes many incidents of domestic abuse that he suffered at the hands of his (then) wife Amber Heard,

    The Petition To Remove Amber Heard As Mera In Aquaman 2 Has Over 275,000 Signatures

    Does anyone here on the forums want to remove Amber Heard from the upcoming Aquaman sequel?
    I don't particularly care of Amber Heard is in the sequel or not. She didn't really seem to have much chemistry with Momoa anyhow. I'll let the courts sort out whether Depp, Heard or both guilty of domestic abuse. I think it will probably take more than 1 leaked audio recording (devoid of context) before WB starts distancing themselves from Heard, but if more comes out they may start to make some moves.

  3. #3
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,782

    Default

    I honestly don't give a crap about what stars do in their personal life, if it doesn't end with them locked behind bars let them play in film. Felt the same way about Mel Gibson.

  4. #4
    Mighty Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    Only if it means Meera is played by Johnny, otherwise I ain’t even care.

  5. #5

    Default

    Well, it might only be one audio clip out of context, but we have to ask ourselves what if that one clip were of a man?

    Would he still have his job in a movie even though the full truth is not known?

    If not, neither should she.

  6. #6
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Well, it might only be one audio clip out of context, but we have to ask ourselves what if that one clip were of a man?

    Would he still have his job in a movie even though the full truth is not known?

    If not, neither should she.
    Heard has accused Depp of abuse, but he is still working.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  7. #7
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I honestly don't give a crap about what stars do in their personal life, if it doesn't end with them locked behind bars let them play in film. Felt the same way about Mel Gibson.
    Uhh, if these accusations are true, she ought to be in jail.

  8. #8
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,999

    Default

    Petitions don't mean anything now that they're online. It used to be you had to go with a clipboard and find people in the flesh and they would have to sign the petition and give their address and phone number. And that petition would then have to be submitted to an authority that would certify it. Nowadays you could easily get a hundred million names on a petition, but it wouldn't have any weight.
    we're all in this together

  9. #9
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Uhh, if these accusations are true, she ought to be in jail.
    Ought to be and is are two different things. I don't care if they deserve to be behind bars, I only care if they are or will be because that obviously keeps them from working.

  10. #10
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    20,363

    Default

    Petitions are worse than meaningless. If ever actor or actress who did bad shit off camera were denied work on camera, Hollywood wouldn't have enough talent for its TV shows and movies. In addition, the cynic in me suspects this is more about those people disliking Heard for her performance in Aquaman rather than her alleged spousal abuse.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 02-11-2020 at 02:50 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,023

    Default

    So we have 275K toxic misogynistic assholes, or Depp fanbois if we are a bit more charitable. Though Ghu knows how many of them are sockpuppets.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  12. #12
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    6,185

    Default

    Honestly, stuff like this is always troubling to me because the only people that know the truth about this is Depp and Heard.

    Obviously, the truth will be somewhere in the middle and I'm bold enough to just say- "i don't know what happened"....instead of jumping to unfounded conclusions.
    "Obviously not all conservatives are racists/bigots but all racists/bigots claim to be conservative"- Unknown

  13. #13
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Honestly, stuff like this is always troubling to me because the only people that know the truth about this is Depp and Heard.

    Obviously, the truth will be somewhere in the middle and I'm bold enough to just say- "i don't know what happened"....instead of jumping to unfounded conclusions.
    I don't understand why people always say 'The truth is always in the middle'.

    No, there's the possibility one person is lying, and one is telling the truth.

  14. #14
    BANNED Zauriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I don't understand why people always say 'The truth is always in the middle'.

    No, there's the possibility one person is lying, and one is telling the truth.
    There are always two sides to every story. But neither Depp nor Heard may be telling the entire truth. Both of them may be telling half-truths and lies.

  15. #15
    Fantastic Member basbash99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    East Taunton, Mass, USA
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    There are always two sides to every story. But neither Depp nor Heard may be telling the entire truth. Both of them may be telling half-truths and lies.
    ?? in your first post, you asserted that Heard had "been exposed as an abuser by Depp", seems like now you are changing your tune to suggest the situation may be less cut and dry.

    And where's the similar petition for removing Depp from any of his upcoming films? As others have pointed out, he's still getting work. So why is Heard being singled out as someone who needs to be drummed out of the industry? This petition sounds like its just women-haters/MRA types, why would anyone want to be affiliated with them?

    Again, i have no issues with removing Heard as she wasn't great in the role or anything, but would prefer her removal to be for artistic reasons rather than to appease some misogynistic types with a double standard.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •