Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I don't understand why people always say 'The truth is always in the middle'.

No, there's the possibility one person is lying, and one is telling the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    There are always two sides to every story. But neither Depp nor Heard may be telling the entire truth. Both of them may be telling half-truths and lies.
    This.

In some cases it's cut and dry but we have a case here where both parties are claiming to be abused with pictures and audio recordings.

But as Zauriel pointed out, both of them could be lying and or exaggerating (although, that audio recording of Heard saying she hit Depp is very damning).

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    ?? in your first post, you asserted that Heard had "been exposed as an abuser by Depp", seems like now you are changing your tune to suggest the situation may be less cut and dry.

And where's the similar petition for removing Depp from any of his upcoming films? As others have pointed out, he's still getting work. So why is Heard being singled out as someone who needs to be drummed out of the industry? This petition sounds like its just women-haters/MRA types, why would anyone want to be affiliated with them?

Again, i have no issues with removing Heard as she wasn't great in the role or anything, but would prefer her removal to be for artistic reasons rather than to appease some misogynistic types with a double standard.
    I didn't assert it. I was quoting the news from a source. But the last paragraph was made by me in my own words.

BTW, I thought Amber's performance in Aquaman movie was okay. She didn't ruin the Aquaman's box office success.

Or maybe two people can separate and resolve their personal **** in private, and both parties can continue their careers based solely on the merits of the job they perform.

Sorry, that's a crazy idea I just had.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I honestly don't give a crap about what stars do in their personal life, if it doesn't end with them locked behind bars let them play in film. Felt the same way about Mel Gibson.
    Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    I don't particularly care of Amber Heard is in the sequel or not. She didn't really seem to have much chemistry with Momoa anyhow. I'll let the courts sort out whether Depp, Heard or both guilty of domestic abuse. I think it will probably take more than 1 leaked audio recording (devoid of context) before WB starts distancing themselves from Heard, but if more comes out they may start to make some moves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Or maybe two people can separate and resolve their personal **** in private, and both parties can continue their careers based solely on the merits of the job they perform.

Agreed. Like the others, I also couldn't care less what the celebrities do with their private lives. Leave them to deal with their issues. Or let the court to settle their domestic disputes.

So Johnny and Amber are miserable and angry at each other? That's their problem, not mine.

Impossible to know for sure every single detail of their home life, obviously. But that audio clip at the very least suggests she was the aggressor and also seems to suggest that any physicality on Depp's part was defensive. Again that's just the suggestion, but it is a piece of evidence nonetheless. There's some troubling textbook abuser characteristics she displays in that audio that Depp does not.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-11-2020 at 11:40 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Didn't she get charged with hitting her girlfriend way back? Even before she was with Depp? I'm a woman by the way and not an MRA/MGTOW or a Depp fan.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    So we have 275K toxic misogynistic assholes, or Depp fanbois if we are a bit more charitable. Though Ghu knows how many of them are sockpuppets.
    Depp ex girlfriends actually defended Depp and Heards ex girlfriend was beaten by her. I don't know much about the sexism in this petition though but they always ruin things and are the worst for this stuff and men who are really abused and they don't really care about the man just their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Well, it might only be one audio clip out of context, but we have to ask ourselves what if that one clip were of a man?

Would he still have his job in a movie even though the full truth is not known?

If not, neither should she.
    I can actually think of some still working and are worshipped by their peers and fans.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-11-2020 at 11:03 PM.

I read the news that said Amber got a new girlfriend after the divorce with Depp. I doubt her new relationship lasts longer than the one with Depp

BANNED

both of them suck

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post

In theory I agree with your crazy idea, but if I was making a film I'd want people to see it. If someone turned in a 100% perfect performance and some outside factor (like their public profile) decreases the potential audience, then regardless how good they are in the role I'd have to consider recasting.

In this case, keeping Amber Heard in the sequel or cutting her isn't going to change whether or not I see the movie. I also doubt it's much different for a significant portion of the potential audience. These 275K even if they are legit signatures could range from people who wouldn't see an Aquaman sequel to those who will see it regardless (but prefer Heard be out).