Default Marko Ramius vs Meg

Marko Ramius, in command of the Red October, is assigned the task of hunting down and destroying the Meg.

Assume Raimius has a competent paleo-oceanographer with him, a smart Ph.D.-level guy to advise him on the characteristics, habits and behaviors of the Meg.

How does this scenario go?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

haven't seen the meg but i wanna lean towards ramius since he pretty much wrote the book on sub combat.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    haven't seen the meg but i wanna lean towards ramius since he pretty much wrote the book on sub combat.
    What interests me about this is that I think Raimius can take Meg, but to do so he has to be absolutely perfect.

Meg is far more maneuverable than a sub, so he's got to time the shot perfectly, while Red October is perfectly lined up with Meg.

I can't recall if the RO has rear-facing torpedo tubes, but that might help matters. If Raimius can flee straight ahead while it pursues, that might be easier that a froward shot.

It would be interesting to see a mind as sharp as Raimius' tackle this challenge.