Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    The upstarts of the hell fire club used to hunt mutants. But I'm not sure whether that was for hatred or some sick sport.
    Definitely the latter, since most of the Upstarts were mutants anyway.

And the MLF did NOT hate mutants... Their name is literally Mutant Liberation Front.

In the early Ultimate comics run by Millar, there was baggage between the human-looking mutants and the animal looking mutants.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Very interesting,this would be very appropriate when Krakoanss meet mutants who don't want to live on Krakoa,being under the thumb of the QC ,yeah most likely such mutants are immortal as they don't need the whole resurrection business to entice them.If such mutants prefer their lives among humans especially if they are powerful and are worshipped by the humans as god's.Another candidate is Darwin in the Vault.If he comes out evolved beyond his mutant gene and even beyond child of vault genes,then conceivably he may not hate mutants but may become like Dr Manhattan in DC who finds mutants simple minded and perhaps beneath him and so he loses interest in their cause but goes his own way or at least feels more kinship with the children of the Vault having spent centuries with them while two decades give/take a few years among mutants
    In Marauders, we have Masque and presumably other Morlocks who don't live on Krakoa, but who are accepting Krakoan money from Emma.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Racism? Nah, not much that I can remember. I mean, I do find it odd that everyone involved with the X-Men is level headed on this. You'd think there would be some friction at some point. No one's perfect and everyone's different. I'm surprised we haven't seen a culture shock yet. Rogue's not but seeing where she's from maybe years ago when she first debuted it might have been interesting to see her and Storm not mesh well at the beginning but get past it. Moments long gone now. Perhaps because they are mutants and for the most part understand there's bigger fights out there than skin color and culture difference.

Not racism but there was that time Rahne lost her #&#& when she smelled Shatterstar on Rictor. I think it was just shock. She was still into Rictor at the time and was kind of heart broken he moved on. Couple that with ingrained Catholic upbringings and animal-like reaction and you got what you got
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

I remember when the X-Men made fun of Wolverine because he was Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Racism? Nah, not much that I can remember. I mean, I do find it odd that everyone involved with the X-Men is level headed on this. You'd think there would be some friction at some point. No one's perfect and everyone's different. I'm surprised we haven't seen a culture shock yet. Rogue's not but seeing where she's from maybe years ago when she first debuted it might have been interesting to see her and Storm not mesh well at the beginning but get past it. Moments long gone now. Perhaps because they are mutants and for the most part understand there's bigger fights out there than skin color and culture difference.

Not racism but there was that time Rahne lost her #&#& when she smelled Shatterstar on Rictor. I think it was just shock. She was still into Rictor at the time and was kind of heart broken he moved on. Couple that with ingrained Catholic upbringings and animal-like reaction and you got what you got
    I remember Ink being pretty racist towards Dani but then again, he was an unlikable character with no redeeming qualities.

BANNED

Xenophobic Bobby making a fool of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post

Is this racism, though? Looks like jealousy to me. Bobby found rational justifications to his feelings…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Lol Good lord Bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Is this racism, though? Looks like jealousy to me. Bobby found rational justifications to his feelings…
    Huh? What is rational about his attitude towards Piotr and Kurt?
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It’s not really racism but it’s still learned hatred from Bobby’s father(who is definitely racist). Bobby’s feelings are based on paranoia and prejudice.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Huh? What is rational about his attitude towards Piotr and Kurt?
    I didn't say the attitude was rational but his justifications were, at first sight, more rational than "I'm feeling insecure and I'm jealous of the newcomers." which is difficult to admit.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

It’s not really racism but it’s still learned hatred from Bobby’s father(who is definitely racist). Bobby’s feelings are based on paranoia and prejudice.
    True, Bobby's father is a difficult man.

People can find “rational” justifications for any type of hatred. This isn’t racism, it’s xenophobia but the excuse doesn’t matter much when you’re still... being xenophobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    People can find “rational” justifications for any type of hatred. This isn’t racism, it’s xenophobia but the excuse doesn’t matter much when you’re still... being xenophobic.
    Well, how does this story end? Is Bobby still xenophobic towards Kurt and Peter then?