Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Racism on Fellow Mutants

I'm curious has their ever been a mutant who was openly hateful towards their own? Like even after they themselves were exposed as a mutant? I was thinking it could be an intresting read if done right. The only person that came to mind was Wanda, but she's not a mutant anymore and her situation was just tasteless and unfounded for the most part.

Elixir and his family were part of the Reavers before he learned that he was a mutant. He was disowned and abandon by his family afterward.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by triclops View Post
    Elixir and his family were part of the Reavers before he learned that he was a mutant. He was disowned and abandon by his family afterward.
    Oh man. Yikes....

"I know I'm a mutant, but your public behavior is too aggressive for me to support Krakoa, Xavier."

"WOW. A mutant who HATES his own kind?????? Uhmmmmmm, sorry sweaty, but that's some serious internalized racism you have. You're part of the problem. Magneto, smite this guy."

Quote Originally Posted by triclops View Post
    When did this story playout?

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    "I know I'm a mutant, but your public behavior is too aggressive for me to support Krakoa, Xavier."

"WOW. A mutant who HATES his own kind?????? Uhmmmmmm, sorry sweaty, but that's some serious internalized racism you have. You're part of the problem. Magneto, smite this guy."
    While this is probably accurate to how this situation would play out I'd like to believe they would be open to a conversation, any mutant who would hate their own kind clearly hates themselves and self-hate is hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    While this is probably accurate to how this situation would play out I'd like to believe they would be open to a conversation, any mutant who would hate their own kind clearly hates themselves and self-hate is hard to beat.
    I was just being silly—I think the idea of a mutant who really dislikes himself and other mutants is a really cool idea! With Krakoa happening, now's a good time to try a story like this out. It would be more impactful if they were an Omega-level mutant, 'cause then it would be sort of a huge loss for Xavier and Magneto. It'd be a cool story, I think. But no more Omega-level mutants, and Franklin doesn't seem to loathe mutants.

And what about the MLF?

Extraordinary Member

When did this story playout?
    New Mutants vol 2.

Why would it have to be a self loathing mutant...why not just a mutant who has no problem being a mutant...he just views the X-Men as no better that the Brotherhood or Marauders. Criminals who run around doing whatever they feel like with no regards for the consequences. Keep in mind...the X-Men did break into NORAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Why would it have to be a self loathing mutant...why not just a mutant who has no problem being a mutant...he just views the X-Men as no better that the Brotherhood or Marauders. Criminals who run around doing whatever they feel like with no regards for the consequences.
    Because that's not as interesting to me.

BANNED

Gamma lives matter

Ultimate Member

I'm curious has their ever been a mutant who was openly hateful towards their own? Like even after they themselves were exposed as a mutant? I was thinking it could be an interesting read if done right. The only person that came to mind was Wanda, but she's not a mutant anymore and her situation was just tasteless and unfounded for the most part.
    Jay Guthrie rejected being a mutant, cut his own wings off and went to Stryker's cult and gave them info that may have contributed to the assassination of Wallflower and the bus-bombing that killed Tag and a bunch of others.

He's about as 'self-loathing mutant' as it got, that I can recall.

Extraordinary Member

Because that's not as interesting to me.
    Well...it's not all about you...

Seriously though...I think both would be interesting. And in the case you suggest...maybe it is not the X-Men who help him embrace it...but someone like Steve Rogers.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Jay Guthrie rejected being a mutant, cut his own wings off and went to Stryker's cult and gave them info that may have contributed to the assassination of Wallflower and the bus-bombing that killed Tag and a bunch of others.

He's about as 'self-loathing mutant' as it got, that I can recall.
    Now there's an interesting candidate for resurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    New Mutants vol 2.

Why would it have to be a self loathing mutant...why not just a mutant who has no problem being a mutant...he just views the X-Men as no better that the Brotherhood or Marauders. Criminals who run around doing whatever they feel like with no regards for the consequences. Keep in mind...the X-Men did break into NORAD.
    He or she would have the free will to just leave then. Why force yourself to be around something you can't stand unless your admitting to yourself it's the lesser of two evils and there is a reason for the x-men to exist. otherwise they could go run for politics and try to change things from within the system.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/