Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Incredible Member

I really wish they'd stop writing him as an emotionally fragile person.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    I really wish they'd stop writing him as an emotionally fragile person.
    Yeah, sensitive doesn’t equate with fragile. And they can do it, Kurt is often shown as sympathetic and sensitive but not emotionally fragile.

Amazing Member

Yeah, Emolossus is tiring to read/watch. The writers and editors need to end the character abuse and assassination.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
    Yeah, Emolossus is tiring to read/watch. The writers and editors need to end the character abuse and assassination.
    Yeah, Piotr in X-force here has been painful, especially considering he was legitimately a member of X-force before and now he's just sort of.. there. With a girlfriend he met off-panel who no one knows, after dying off-panel (though not really) to rescue mutants from Russia.. off panel.

Like if they just did everything on-panel instead of off of it, Piotr might be in a good spot. As it stands, it's awful.

does Percy hate Piotr or what?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    does Percy hate Piotr or what?
    Must be the 'Russia Interference' Zeitgeist

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
    Yeah. I don't know why they've been doing this to Piotr...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Both Warren Ellis and Jordan White are on record saying that Kitty Pryde was their childhood crush and that they hated Piotr for dumping/hurting her back in the day, and yes, when you think about it is super creepy (more on Ellis case). But that's pretty much the reason for those two.
    I grew up reading those books and it was heartbreaking when he dumped her. Clairmont and Romita deserve kudos due to their great storytelling.
    Last edited by taozen; 09-19-2020 at 02:06 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Both Warren Ellis and Jordan White are on record saying that Kitty Pryde was their childhood crush and that they hated Piotr for dumping/hurting her back in the day, and yes, when you think about it is super creepy (more on Ellis case). But that's pretty much the reason for those two.
    A generation of teenage boys (and some girls) grew up falling love with Kitty Pryde. I know so many fans that have said that. They related to her because she was around the same age as many of the readers.

Mighty Member

I have always like Colossus and growing up reading X-Men and I felt that he was the punching bag of most of the big guns. I understood a bit of it since he was a teenager. Some of his iconic moments have been actual losses such as to Gladiator on the Blue area of the mood and Juggernaut in the bar. But even when he received the power of the Juggernaut, he lost to the Red Hulk. I often time feel as though he could use a strength level increase of a mutation of his metal so that he can go toe to toe with the Hulk and Juggy. Not to the point the he can beat them every time but so there would be a questionable outcome. If not he could at least improve his combat technique in order to be more technical a fighter to counter the greater strength and power of those Class A powerhouses.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I have always like Colossus and growing up reading X-Men and I felt that he was the punching bag of most of the big guns. I understood a bit of it since he was a teenager. Some of his iconic moments have been actual losses such as to Gladiator on the Blue area of the mood and Juggernaut in the bar. But even when he received the power of the Juggernaut, he lost to the Red Hulk. I often time feel as though he could use a strength level increase of a mutation of his metal so that he can go toe to toe with the Hulk and Juggy. Not to the point the he can beat them every time but so there would be a questionable outcome. If not he could at least improve his combat technique in order to be more technical a fighter to counter the greater strength and power of those Class A powerhouses.
    He lost to the Red Hulk on purpose, though. He knew that their fight could endanger Utopia and New Atlantis if the structure was damaged from the fight, which Piotr thought of as a likely outcome, so he let Red Hulk beat him up to ensure that didn't happen. Doesn't mean he couldn't have won, and he just got done beating The Thing on the moon.

I tend to think they've hinted at him becoming more technical but just not done enough with it. After he lost Cyttorak's powers he did encounter Marko again and outwitted him by having him charge off of a cliff (or something of that nature, iirc, might not have been that exactly), basically outmaneuvering him tactically. More instances of Piotr being shown to not just be a heavy but a calculating/technical fighter (he's been around the brilliant mind of Scott for years and trained with Logan so much they have the most iconic superhero duo move of Marvel.. probably?), so giving him more props for those things makes sense. A guy who is taller, stronger, and knows more martial arts than most is a scary thing.

Incredible Member

He stats so well on paper but unfortunately has few feats against other heavy-hitters. The Thing for example, manages to get good showings against the Hulk but Colossus can't even seem to land a punch that the Hulk will feel.

On a side note, I always wanted a mini with Thing and Colossus working together titled "Rock and Steel".

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander View Post
    and yet, despite his heart broken, is there a world where Peter does not attend Kate's funeral?

I realize that the Shadowcat/Colossus relationship has been rendered radioactive by Guggenheim's run, but it's impossible for me to believe that Nightcrawler would not have come to find Peter and told him that he needed to be there.

I will always blame Lobdell for making Colossus all about Illyana, when Claremont had shown that he'd sacrifice her if it would save the world.
    Lobdell is responsable for a lot of crappy decisions concerning the X-line, but he was pretty much the X-men writer of the 90s, so a lot of his decisions stuck for a long time (Storm being a wallpaper, Colossus being obsessed with his sister, etc) I really, really despise his run (almost as much as I hate Ellis X-work). Is tremendously overrated, I think mostly because of nostalgia.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

This new era doesn't seem like it's doing much for Colossus. It's disappointing.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    This new era doesn't seem like it's doing much for Colossus. It's disappointing.
    And as long as JDW is X-editor, do not expect much for Colossus.