Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post

So it's safe to assume the train was fairly large?

All-New Member

Well, tanking into account it is a Transiberian train it must be quite a big one. Peter shown quite a nice feats of strenght and agility in this issue! And the Domino / Colossus team up is amazing, I do not why but it works. It worked in cable and x-force, in Inferno, in Domino's annual and now... I hope they will go back together for good. For me his relationship with Domino is much adult and fair than with Kitty.

Just my Colossus fanart.
    His orange X-Force costume is my favorite.

Mighty Member

Colossus designs by the uber talented Simone Bianchi. I like his design as he makes Pete look powerful and solidly built.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Colossus designs by the uber talented Simone Bianchi. I like his design as he makes Pete look powerful and solidly built.

By far his best look and an excellent update to his classic design

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post

Also his Marvel Legends figure design. So exquisite. And the bearded head is EVERYTHING.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Is the cutout on his lower back to show off his tramp stamp?

Mighty Member

John Byrne Colossus

Mighty Member

Classis Colossus vs Juggy fight where Pete takes an L.

Mighty Member

Another page:

Mighty Member

The coup de grace:

colosus vs juggy.jpg

Simone Bianchi's designs are overworked imho. While I kinda hate his take on X-Men spandex, I think he'd be perfect for a Thor & Asgard, or Magik or Strange redesign.

Fantastic Member

RCO024_1594214225.jpg

All we get is a reference but at least we get a nice one before the hammer drops for Domino's memory and he's made to look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Simone Bianchi's designs are overworked imho. While I kinda hate his take on X-Men spandex, I think he'd be perfect for a Thor & Asgard, or Magik or Strange redesign.
    I both love and hate his work. Mostly I love his anatomy, rendering, and overall style, but in terms of design, yes, he often gets carried away. His Story design from this era, for example, is both ravishing and completely overdone. I like the edited down versions Jimenez, and even Bianchi, did later on. Piotr's version was one of the better applications of the overall looks, but even there it is still too much. I still love Cockrum's original looks for that generation, even if they are very much a product of their time.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    RCO024_1594214225.jpg

All we get is a reference but at least we get a nice one before the hammer drops for Domino's memory and he's made to look bad.
    One can't have the hammer drop without the sickle.

On a serious note, I know Percy has mentioned the "slow burn"/build up around Colossus, so I'm somewhat hopeful that he doesn't make Petey look like a tool.

So many writers are stuck in the 1970s and 1980s version of Colossus, that it pigeonholes the character. Yes, his look is iconic, but the USSR ended in 1991. He came to the States as a young teenager and now in his late 20s (??), he's still speaking and acting as if he is straight off the boat with some writers. The big and silent strong-man type is so yesterday. I'm sure it's a mix of lazy writing and possibly strict editorial enforcement on creative writers that prevents Colossus from being more of a breakout character.

Look at his sister in comparison, she's mostly written as someone who has been Americanized (good or bad). I think it might be easier for Western readers to identify with her than what Marvel has done to and with Colossus. He doesn't need to be a Dostoevsky tragedy.