Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannoraptor View Post
    Wait you mean Hulk wins more easily?! Looks like shouldn’t have put Hulk against these type of creatures like giant animals!!
    you put him underwater against a giant shark. how is this fair for hulk?

For the record, I think he beats the Meg up. At worst it bites him and then he rips its jaw apart. It cant hurt him.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    For the record, I think he beats the Meg up. At worst it bites him and then he rips its jaw apart. It cant hurt him.
    Yes, this was my first thought.

Didn't Bana-Hulk take direct tank shots, depleted uranium shells, and totally no-sell them?

Heck, I can't remember, but if so then yeah, maybe Meg breaks it's teeth?

What's Bana-Hulk's greatest durability feat?

We're told in the OP that Hulk starts out underwater, but not if Hulk has been allowed to fill his lungs first. That could be key. Hulks have been known to hold their breath for a good time while remaining active, IIRC.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 02-11-2020 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Yes, this was my first thought.

Didn't Bana-Hulk take direct tank shots, depleted uranium shells, and totally no-sell them?

Heck, I can't remember, but if so then yeah, maybe Meg breaks it's teeth?

What's Bana-Hulk's greatest durability feat?

We're told in the OP that Hulk starts out underwater, but not if Hulk has been allowed to fill his lungs first. That could be key. Hulks have been known to hold their breath for a good time while remaining active, IIRC.
    He literally grappled with a bolt of lightning as it carried him across miles. He survived a gamma bomb (asterisks here). He had thousands of tons of rock dumped on his head during a helicopter attack. He fell from low orbit. He can heal rapidly.

He never actually gets hit by the tanks main cannon - it gets blocked by the ripped off turret of another tank - but his other feats are just fine without that.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Hulk is literally a sitting duck. I dont recall him doing well underwater in his first movie against his abusive father (aka the absorbing man?).
    Y'know, scratch that. Totally forgot about the Fenris Wolf on Asgard.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Extraordinary Member

Y'know, scratch that. Totally forgot about the Fenris Wolf on Asgard.
    Wrong movie Hulk.

The Hulk in this fight is Ang Lee's version, not the MCu version.

Ok then. I'm dubious as to Hulks effectiveness underwater. Arbs says he thinks Hulk takes him. I'm wondering if Meg can bite through him like the gamma powered attack dogs in Ang Lee's version?
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Ok then. I'm dubious as to Hulks effectiveness underwater. Arbs says he thinks Hulk takes him. I'm wondering if Meg can bite through him like the gamma powered attack dogs in Ang Lee's version?
    I dont think the Meg can do more damage then getting whipped through the air for miles by a literal bolt of lightning or having thousands of tons of rock dropped on your head or surviving 30mm cannon fire (it bounces off) moments before a drop from low orbit.

The Meg's best feat for damage is "eats whales" iirc? Pretty sure it failed to break through a reinforced plexiglass barrier.
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

So far, I think if a group of determined humans managed to kill The Meg by actually paying to it...Then Hulk really should have no trouble.

Then again, 2003 Hulk doesn't exactly have underwater feats so it's probably iffy?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    So far, I think if a group of determined humans managed to kill The Meg by actually paying to it...Then Hulk really should have no trouble.

Then again, 2003 Hulk doesn't exactly have underwater feats so it's probably iffy?
    It's not iffy. It cant hurt him but is too stupid to stay away. It charges in - it partially swallows him - it gets its jaw ripped off.

For what its worth, 2003 Hulk also spent an extended time under water grappling with his father near the end. He also was dropped from low orbit into the bay area and managed to swim to shore and rip his way into the earth below the street cars.
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

It's not iffy. It cant hurt him but is too stupid to stay away. It charges in - it partially swallows him - it gets its jaw ripped off.

For what its worth, 2003 Hulk also spent an extended time under water grappling with his father near the end. He also was dropped from low orbit into the bay area and managed to swim to shore and rip his way into the earth below the street cars.
    Fair point there. I'm just...Really forgetting about 2003 Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Fair point there. I'm just...Really forgetting about 2003 Hulk.
    Parts of it were entirely forgettable lol
    - big_adventure

I’ve always liked to give it the alternate title of “You Won’t Like Me When I’m Ang Lee”.

I dont think the Meg can do more damage then getting whipped through the air for miles by a literal bolt of lightning or having thousands of tons of rock dropped on your head or surviving 30mm cannon fire (it bounces off) moments before a drop from low orbit.

The Meg's best feat for damage is "eats whales" iirc? Pretty sure it failed to break through a reinforced plexiglass barrier.
    Okay then. I'm sold.
    ----------------------

I will say, I enjoyed that they brought in the aspect of Hulks childhood that fueled his anger. That aspect portrayed in issues IH are some of my favorite because they answer a fundamental question for anyone who knows the Hulk, "what the hell makes this guy so angry anyways?"

Eh, I enjoyed it anyway
    ----------------------