Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default Yulian Provoke (Red Storm) causes trouble in K'un Lun

During the battle of the Immortal Weapons, a newcomer kicks in the door!

Representing the unified nation of the Eastern Desert under Pareia; the inheritor of the Heavenly Demon Style, the War God Yulian Provoke steps into the ring.

Yulian enters the tournament of the Immortal Weapons to claim the cities as territories of Pareia. He will take on each member of the Immortal Weapons. He gets a few days rest between each match as in the comics.

1) Dog Brother #1
    2) Tiger's Beautiful Daughter
    3) Steel Phoenix
    4) Iron Fist
    5) Fat Cobra
    6) Bride of Nine Spiders
    7) The Prince of Orphans

How does the Glow of Pareia do in these match ups?

(Yes I'm going niche with this one)

Bonus Scenario: Yulian brings the boys and a Pateia versus the Hidden Cities fight card:

1) Haisha vs Dog Brother #1
    2) Thrint vs Fat Cobra
    3) Shubeon vs Steel Phoenix
    4) Triquel vs Bride of Nine Spiders

How do the boys do?

Yeah, I appreciate that Red Storm is a very niche series. I'll do my take and the thread will die the true death.

So, on Yulian specifically:

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    1) Dog Brother #1
    2) Tiger's Beautiful Daughter
    Given Yulian's much deeper catalogue of feats than either of these two, I'm fairly certain that he crushes these two in short order simply because they have very few feats that I'm aware of.

3) Steel Phoenix
    A closer match but Yulian's sheer damage output is considerably higher than Steel Phoenix, especially when he's not able to amp himself with Crane Children as it was in the tournament.

4) Iron Fist
    Danny hits... I want to say harder. At his peak "I'm-massively-damaging-a-helicarrier," levels, he's doing more damage than Yulian is capable of managing. Speed, given Yulian's ability to track Thrint I think he'll be able to keep up but he will have to work harder.

Yulian does have a big old sword and his durability is significantly higher than Danny's. I would also argue that he's more experienced than Danny in combat. Danny began his martial arts career in his late teens, correct? Yulian began when he was around seven years old and has been fighting opponents and in wars almost all of his teenage to adult life.

It's a tough call but I'd back Yulian but he might well be hurting after.

5) Fat Cobra
    Effectively the same conundrum. Fat Cobra is Danny but bigger and apparently a bit faster. As I recall he's also much harder to hurt permanently. If Yulian was fresh, I could make a case for him winning, since he eats hits a lot better than Danny does so he could go a much further distance in the fight but, given the setup, I can't see him making it past Danny without some damage.

I figure this is where he stops, but I'll do the rest of the matches for funzies.

6) Bride of Nine Spiders
    The Bride is... a hard person to figure out. Yulian has immensely powerful area of effect attacks to draw upon which will help with combat the waves of spiders. The Bride uses poisons and stuff, right? Yulian has immense poison resistance so, again, he'll last a long time. I forget how her... madness powers work...?

The Bride is always hard to discuss.

7) The Prince of Orphans
    Mist form, "I can touch you but you can't touch me,"

i would assume that the ghost puncher wins.

And for the bonus scenarios.

Bonus Scenario: Yulian brings the boys and a Pateia versus the Hidden Cities fight card:

1) Haisha vs Dog Brother #1
    Haisha is an excellent swordsman and all around warrior but he's definitely the weakest of the Red Storm Captains. Dog Brother has minimal feats but Haisha doesn't have much of a case for being wildly beyond CPBH so I'd back the Dog Brother on this one.

2) Thrint vs Fat Cobra
    Thrint is a speedster with laser ropes(?) as his primary technique. The only issue is his stamina, which is legendarily short.

If Fat Cobra can weather the attacks, he will win this. However, given Thrint's cutting feats, I think he can take the big guy down before he collapses asleep.

3) Shubeon vs Steel Phoenix
    Shubeon got a bit of a boost in the most recent arc, I think he's more than capable of taking down Steel Phoenix. The only issue would be speed as Shubeon's a little lacking on that front. Equally though, I could see him just weathering hits until he manages to land a good shot and then Steel Phoenix is, at best, missing a limb.

Steel Phoenix could win this but this is not a fun fight for him. Majority Shubeon.

4) Triquel vs Bride of Nine Spiders
    Triquel has a better time than Yulian, despite being much less powerful. His totemic magic has a history of holding off unpleasant dark magic which is... broad enough that I think he could fend off the worst of the Bride's weird esoteric attacks. The issue is that his stats are a little lacking. He's quicker than Shubeon and Haisha but the Bride is really difficult to pin down.

If he lands the right combination of magic, I reckon he could seal her or something but she still has the advantage.

Alright. If anyone else wants to chip, feel free.

Otherwise, read Red Storm. It's very good.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Wish I had kept up with this series, but I lost track of it a while ago due to changes in websites and never got back into it. I should.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Wish I had kept up with this series, but I lost track of it a while ago due to changes in websites and never got back into it. I should.
    You totally should.

I actually did a read through like... the back half of the series recently. It's really solid stuff, very enjoyable.

I also got a new appreciation for how ridiculous Noya is. I don't know if you got that far but he has a "friendly" match with a dude who is actually on his level and the results are pretty ridiculous.