Astonishing Member

Default Glory (Buffy) vs Captain America (MCU)

Who wins?

I was thinking of using Buffy but I thought she might be too weak against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Who wins?

I was thinking of using Buffy but I thought she might be too weak against him.
    Cap throws a bike. Glory stomps her foot and causes a building to collapse.

Cap doers aim dodging and one feat that is arguably faster. Glory moves at blur speed.

Cap survives a fall that is indeed impressive. Glory survives a fall and seems completely unharmed. She also gets hit by a diesel truck going at highway speeds and is completely unharmed.

He's really not in her league. I'll go as far as to say that it takes a minute but that's about it.

Had you gone with Buffy, Cap would be the winner, again admitting it would take a minute.
    Power with Girl is better.

It wouldn't take a minute. Glory, sans PIS, is truly ridiculous by Buffy standards. Bar none the most physically powerful thing ever shown in the show. She'd get wins against MCU Spider-Man and the like, again, sans PIS. And that doesn't count her insta-disable options against sentient beings (i.e. eating sanity, which in theory could bypass durability in beings she's unable to hurt).

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    It wouldn't take a minute. Glory, sans PIS, is truly ridiculous by Buffy standards. Bar none the most physically powerful thing ever shown in the show. She'd get wins against MCU Spider-Man and the like, again, sans PIS. And that doesn't count her insta-disable options against sentient beings (i.e. eating sanity, which in theory could bypass durability in beings she's unable to hurt).
    I doubt she could tag Peter. Spidey could also ten count her via mass webbing spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    At the end of the day she isn't that fast that mcu spidey with his peter tingle won't be able to dodge her. we almost never see her speed onscreen, and when we finally do, she is blurry yes, but students not really paying attention to her still noticed her zipping around. (before she got hit by that truck)

Also, feat wise Spidey is a lot stronger physically. And webbing that annoys Thanos-level beings and can hold in place guys that rip of airplane wings will be troublesome for glorificus.

She also fights like a brainless brawler, similar to jessica jones. though in her defence , the powerset she had was relatively new to her, since as a hellgod she was vastly stronger, probably didn't even need to bother with fisticuffs back then.

I did say she would *take wins* against Spidey, not that she would curbstomp him. The fact is that that fight would at least be debatable. Captain America is frankly... not.

* Edit: And take wins she will. His durability is not beyond her ability to hurt, and she does move faster in a straight line.
    Last edited by Twickster; 02-12-2020 at 02:23 AM.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Glory is pretty fast, but Peter dances through dozens of machineguns firing on him at once in an enclosed space. She'd never touch him in Khazan.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

As for the actual fight, while cap fought (Not won) people on her level or higher, and is a way better fighter. he is nowhere near as fast, or as strong or as durable, She probably won't 1 shot him but he literally can't do anything to her.

Yeah, I mean Glory is quite obviously on a much, much higher level to Cap.

His shield might surprise her somewhat if she hits it - and it would certainly hurt her a little if he could hit her with it - but that's just gonna piss her off more.

I'd give the fight around two minutes before Cap's dead.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Isn't Glory able to rip the sanity out of people and put them in a catatonic state as one of her base powers?

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Isn't Glory able to rip the sanity out of people and put them in a catatonic state as one of her base powers?
    She is, but she needs to place two hands on their heads. Given Cap's strength when he's really trying, I can't see that being a viable option. He could probably physically resist enough, arms-to-arms, to not allow her to do it. And I doubt he'd just stand there like an idiot like most of her victims did.