Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default CBR ranks the 10 best Justice League rosters

CBR ranks the 10 best Justice League rosters over the years.

https://www.cbr.com/best-justice-league-rosters/

10. Early 90s League - the Dan Jurgens line-up with Superman, Guy Gardner, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Fire, Ice, and Bloodwynd
    9. The Original League from Brave and the Bold - Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Flash, and Martian Manhunter
    8. New 52 League - Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash (Barry), Green Lantern (Hal), Aquaman, and, Cyborg
    7. Rebirth League - Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash (Barry), Green Lanterns (Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz), Aquaman, and, Cyborg
    6. Brad Meltzer League - Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (Hal), Black Canary, Red Arrow (Roy Harper), Red Tornado, Vixen, Black Lightning, and Hawkgirl
    5. Scott Snyder League - Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash (Barry), Aquaman, Green Lantern (John Stewart), Hawkgirl, Martian Manhunter, and Jarro
    4. Satellite League - Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash (Barry), Green Lantern (Hal), Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Atom, Hawkman, Black Canary, Red Tornado, Elongated Man, Hawkgirl, Zatanna, and Firestorm
    3. Grant Morrison League - Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash (Wally West), Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner), Martian Manhunter, Big Barda, Orion, Plastic Man, Zauriel, Steel, and Oracle
    2. Justice League International League - Batman, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, Guy Gardner, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Dr. Fate, Fire, Ice, Mister Miracle, Captain Marvel, Captain Atom, and Maxwell Lord
    1. The Big Seven League - Justice League of America #1 group with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern (Hal), Flash (Barry), and Martian Manhunter
    Last edited by caj; 02-11-2020 at 09:29 AM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Meltzer and Mcduffie's roster is the best to me then Snyder's and JLI second.

The Meltzer roster is by far my favorite.

Extraordinary Member

I'd swap 1 and 4. Other than that, I think I would've put Justice League Europe somewhere in there.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR "article"
    When the team debuted in The Brave And The Bold #28, there were only five members- Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, the Flash, and Martian Manhunter.
    This is straight up wrong information.
    Except maybe just looking at covers (although not sure why they would look at just that? ....Oh right CBR article.

These two are pretty much the same League.

9. The Original League from Brave and the Bold -

1. The Big Seven League - Justice League of America #1 group with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern (Hal), Flash (Barry), and Martian Manhunter
    The first roster - roll call in Brave and the Bold #28
    While the others are highlighted, Superman and Batman were still members from the go, and showcased in the stories.

Roster: Roll call Justice League of America #1

First origin telling Justice League of America #9

You really have to stretch to pretend these are two different rosters.
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-11-2020 at 06:01 PM.

Morrison's Big 7 before he expanded.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Yeah, I agree. There's only one original League roster, just not everyone showed up every single adventure.

Hrm, I have a hard time believing anyone thinks the JLI team is better than the Morrison team, since that one is basically "Characters that most people never heard of, and Batman."

Okay, maybe Captain Marvel was more well known in the '80s than he was in the early '00s, but to me Captain Marvel was one of those years-long mysteries from before you could just google "lightning bolt cape superhero". I'd see his picture now and then, but I had no idea who he was. For a while, I thought he was Flash Gordon, just because I knew he too had a lightning bolt on his chest sometimes.

And J'onn, I didn't learn about until JLTAS came out, sadly.

Anyway, not to disparage any of those other guys on the '80s League. I love those guys! But they're all, you know, people were mad that J'onn and Green Lantern weren't in the JL live action movie. They changed Justice League War's source material to add Shazam because they thought he was a big enough deal. By contrast, nobody was rallying because they thought Captain Atom just had to be on the League.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    The Meltzer roster is by far my favorite.
    I also enjoyed this League, just wish he did more with this amazing team
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Hrm, I have a hard time believing anyone thinks the JLI team is better than the Morrison team, since that one is basically "Characters that most people never heard of, and Batman."
    *raises hand*

JLI is by far my favorite iteration of the League. Morrison's team is too self consciously derivative of the original League. I even question ranking it higher than the Satellite Era team.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis
    *raises hand*

JLI is by far my favorite iteration of the League.
    2nd that.
    It was actually the best in a lot of ways. I hear people say this and it always makes me think... this isn't a run that you've actually read. Maybe something that was read about, but not actually sat down with.

I think it was feature not a bug. Your stories can have bigger consequences when They're not tied to 12 other books. Ymmv
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Astonishing Member

Morrison-Waid-Kelly was the best JL run we've ever gotten so I'd go with the Morrison league for being the starting point of that.

JLI was a lot of fun and definitely my second favorite.

JLI is my all time favorite comic book run. Glad to see it getting some love.

Incredible Member

Bah. Dick and Donna’s League.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Bah. Dick and Donna’s League.
    While I love the idea of it, it never even got a chance to do anything.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I also enjoyed this League, just wish he did more with this amazing team
    The Meltzer roster is definitely co-equal in my heart to the Satellite roster.