Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ye but fighting the Frost Giants lost him his worthiness.

Most vikingist **** to exist.
    The context surrounding those two actions are really nothing like each other though.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Is that how you spell the name of the beast that was to marry the royal cow or more of a guess?
    That is the name of the Groosalugg. And how you spell it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    The context surrounding those two actions are really nothing like each other though.
    There's also the fact that Thor wasn't worthy to begin with at that point. The whole reason Odin put the worthiness enchantment on the hammer was because of the frost giants incident.

I was never sure he didn't just fake not being able to pick it up in Age of Ultron, tbh.
    I thought he was worthy but not physically strong enough at that point.
    Power with Girl is better.

I'd pay to see The Doctor (any version) pick Mjolnir up and walk around with it monologuing while the Asgardians stand there in awe.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I thought he was worthy but not physically strong enough at that point.
    I don't really see why that would be. Strength isn't a factor, and it isn't like he got stronger between movies.

Now there have been times where Odin relaxes the clause a bit, like in JLA vs Avengers. But there's nothing indicating that can happen in the movies.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Now there have been times where Odin relaxes the clause a bit, like in JLA vs Avengers. But there's nothing indicating that can happen in the movies.
    Really, given the situation at the time Cap actually used Mjolnir, that would be a neat trick.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

an elevator.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    I'd pay to see The Doctor (any version) pick Mjolnir up and walk around with it monologuing while the Asgardians stand there in awe.
    Make it the 2nd and 3rd doctor and have them pass it off while bickering.

Probably this guy...
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-14-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Incredible Member

Bob (Reboot)
    Enzo Matrix (Reboot)

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    an elevator.
    Actually, while this has worked on Mjolnir in the comics, as the enchantment only prevents people from holding it, not other forces from moving it, the movie hammer wasn't moved by a truck yanking on it with chains. So it seems pretty unlikely to work, despite that conversation the Avengers had about it.

Spectacular Member

Actually, while this has worked on Mjolnir in the comics, as the enchantment only prevents people from holding it, not other forces from moving it, the movie hammer wasn't moved by a truck yanking on it with chains. So it seems pretty unlikely to work, despite that conversation the Avengers had about it.
    Movie Mjolnir seemed to have fused a big chunk of the ground when it was thrown to Midgard, so I think that was a bit of a special case. I don't think that it really comes up onscreen in the rest of the movies, though, so it's kinda tough to say. The Avengers all act like an elevator would be able to move it, and they'd know, so I'd take that at face value.

Anyway...

I haven't seen Master Chief John-117 from Halo mentioned. He generally acts as a good soldier, but on the few occasions we see him act beyond that, he's noble individual that does his best to help people. And yeah, having a guy that wears MJOLNIR armor wield the actual Mjolnir seems appropriate.

Also from Halo the Arbiter is probably an even better choice.

I would gladly accept the honor, nay the privilege, of wielding Mjolnir in defense of the good people of Sanghelios. ;P

In all seriousness, Arbiter is a much better choice then Chief. He meets certain x-factor criteria imo that Chief might struggle with.

Dont get it twisted- Chief has a potent sense of duty and his own honor code and is willing to sacrifice his life for the cause. Buuut he also exhibits mild sociopathic tendencies and has trouble connecting with his deeper humanity. His psyche profile suggests he doesnt know HOW to relax or take a break.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Y'know, Master Chief and The Arbiter remind me of Thor and Beta Ray Bill. So yeah, I think they're worthy of wielding Mjolnir. Gods help the Covenant if Master Chief possessed the power of Thor. Might as well give Arbiter Stormbreaker while we're at it.