Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    New warriors were reality TV stars
    They put no reality tv superheroes

iMan 42s

Spider-man actually started in show-biz from wrestling to a TV appearance. His first fight with the Green Goblin was also as a result of a movie deal. Peter Parker would also sell photos of himself to the Daily Bugle much to the point the Bugle is actually known for Spider-man photos and opinion pieces as much as Spider-man for getting **** on in them even after he'd stopped every so often.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Nightcrawler became an actor in X-Men: The End and I'm not sure how I feel about it because he played James Bond and I hate James Bond.

So many random names thrown out when the most obvious answer not listed by the OP is Janet Van Dyne

Sutekh already mentioned her.

Patsy Walker - her original 1940s comics actually exist in-universe. The other heroes had comics based on their exploits, but she had one before she became Hellcat.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic four--played themselves in some films. One also had sub-mariner in it. The 90s cartoon was also in the marvel universe as the thing was watching it one issue.

Captain America--had comics and a serial, drew his own comic and had a movie about him during heroes return.

Dazzler--singing and dazzler the movie that the world found out she was a mutant in.

Alf--stopped hiding and got his own tv show!

Reptil--confirmed he was in the super hero squad cartoon.

Thunderbolts--had a toyline.

Black Panther, Dr. Doom and Namor are heads of state.

Dr. Stranger is the best surgeon in the world, and he's back at it.

Amazing Member

It may be a little off topic but if we talk about celebrity superheroes the first thing I think about is this scene ...

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Tony Stark as a former SHIELD Director and former US Secretary of Defense along with being Tony Stark.
    From the beginning, Stark was a famous celebrity. The character was patterned on Howard Hughes, who before mental illness consumed him, was viewed in the way that many regard Elon Musk today.

As the Super-Patriot, John (USAgent) Walker was running a focused PR campaign to supplant Captain America. It ended when The Commission on Superhuman Affairs tapped Walker to replace Cap for a time, but being a celebrity was one of his main goals.

Luke Cage wasn't precisely a celebrity, but he was running a business, promoting himself, and was something of a local celebrity in his neighborhood in his Hero for Hire days.

Astonishing Member

Jay Little Bear from Captain Savage and Combat Kelley was a professional wrestler.

Triathlon was an olympian.

Bantam was a boxer.

Kickers Inc. were all pro football players.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Dino Manelli 1940s movie star.

Does X-Statix count? They weren't reality TV celebrities but they were still celebrities. So were X-Factor post Fall of the Mutants.
    I think most of them count. IIRC Anarchist started a music career near the end of the original run. Dead Girl and Phat modeled. Vivisector is a novelist. There isn't anything Doop hasn't done. U-Go Girl did tv outside of Statix. Idk about Guy and Venus though, I think X-Statix may have been their only gig.

Depending on when the sliding timeline ends up, guys like Banner, Pym, and Richards may be celebrrites along with Stark before the origin stories. The celebrity status of scientists has been changing over the years.

Along with Dino Manelli, Reb Ralston became a US Senator (or he was at one time).

Rick Jones performing on SNL may count depending on if he was there because he could sing, or because he had superhero sidekick fame.

Speaking of Rick, Marlo Chandler had at least one movie appearance. So did Karen Page, although you'd think she would have been smart enough to use an alias.

John Jameson was an astronaut.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Depending on when the sliding timeline ends up, guys like Banner, Pym, and Richards may be celebrrites along with Stark before the origin stories. The celebrity status of scientists has been changing over the years.

John Jameson was an astronaut.
    I don't know about Banner. He was doing Deep Dark Government Work, and probably would have kept out of the camera, although he almost certainly had a name in the academic community. I can see Richards and Pym though, as the latter was running a prominent enough lab to attract espionage, and the former was running a Space X-like organization.

Jameson I can totally see, since his Media Mogal father was relentlessly pimping his name.

Now that I think on it, The Beast was something of a New York sensation while with the Avengers.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 02-12-2020 at 09:14 PM.

Spectacular Member

Brother Voodoo and Reed Richards both appear on late night talk shows.

Wonderman was an actor and a stunt man. Bob Diamond from sons of the tiger was a Hollywood actor. Jonny blaze was a famous stunt man
    Last edited by Amenra11; 02-14-2020 at 08:18 AM.

Matt Murdock was Mayor of New York and Tony Stark was SecDef.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum