Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Two straight guys in 'gaslighting a queer person' shocker.

I'm all in for Destiny and Moria as the all-time MVPs of the mutant world. Bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa_Against_Bigots View Post
    Cringe.

Two heroes of mutant kind outsmart and make a fool of evil selfish psychotic backstabbing lady who only cares about herself.
    “Against bigots” but cringe at a very valid read of what’s happening in the text with metaphorical v. real representation? Hm interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa_Against_Bigots View Post
    Its not really valid under any ounce of scrutiny though is it.
    Wouldn’t call “cringe” any sort of critical examination or observation. But different strokes IG.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    If Destiny could, why wouldn't Blindfold?
    She was a teen and no where near as powerful or experienced with her powers

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She was a teen and no where near as powerful or experienced with her powers
    Blindfold managed to remember a timeline shift after Legion erased himself from existence

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Like when she sent Wolverine to Hell? Or come back from Hell? Or messed Gambit and Rogue relationship up? Or when she killed Graydon Creed? Or she played the X-men and Sinister to save Rogue with Baby Hope? Or played the O5? Or when she killed Moyra and stabbed Rogue? See that's the thing about her, she is always out of her league but when she is driven as is the case here then she is at her most dangerous, plus Xavier and Lensherr are being quite arrogant in thinking they got a handle on her or the situation as a whole. Do I believe Xavier and Lensherr have a plan to contain her? Yes, of course, but do I think it will stop her goal to bring her wife or burn Krakoa down to the ground? No way in hell. This is Mystique being written well for once and that makes her more than just some average villain, she will have plans withing plans to do what her wife asked of her and i want to see where her story goes with that mission. Not because I hate Krakoa or mutants but because Hickman has me hooked on where he is taking this character down the line.
    I agree 100%. Also Destiny under Hickman has has very limited appearances but those appearances are amazing. I doubt Mystique burns down Krakoa for the simple reason that Hickmans Destiny is too damn cool to stay dead. I just want to see how crazy the trip until she's back.

I love that Mystique is being written well, I love that she's sympathetic, this is the best she's been in decades.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 02-13-2020 at 08:43 AM.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

How about this? Rather than burn anything down, Mystique should steal Irene's DNA from Sinister, bargain with a shadow "five" who want something, and resurrect whomever she damn well wants to. Xavier is planning to expand resurrections anyway so it would just require some machinations and thievery which is her skill set.

BANNED

Yeah Mystique has been like she didn't cared for anyone but herself, maybe it could have gone in a good direction but the character felt flat and downright insufferable for the last few years. Heck she and Charles had a son which was revealed during Children of the Atom. How creepy was that?

This issue had highlighted the character in a good way and better than what's been happening for the last couple of decades.

One important thing I don't think anyone has mention, This book had ZERO cyclops in it. I remember arguing with people going this is be glorified Cyclops solo and it was weird argument to have with people. And my point back then was what happen in this book, If Hickman wants to focus on another character he will focus on another character. The next book looks like it will be Apocalypse centric issue and then after looks back mission run by Cyclops. The fact the book is going to have a lot of Cyclops doesn't mean the book is always going to focus on Cyclops. The last books where

X-men 4 :Focusing on Apocalypse,Xavier and Magneto
    X-men 5: Focusing on mission to go inside of "the Vault"
    X-men 6: Focusing on Mystique

Honestly I wish this book wasn't "the lead book" but I love that this book is a set book for the whole franchise and it can jump around where it need to set up things. If we had great team X-men classic team book to along with this book it would be awesome but also like how the other books in the franchise aren't being treat like the step children to the "Real" X-men books.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Blindfold managed to remember a timeline shift after Legion erased himself from existence
    Wasn't that more because Legion wanted her to remember or something?

And how does that justify keeping her in cold storage?

#Justice4Ruth

I can't stop thinking about how badly Xavier and Magneto are treating Mystique. Yes, she has a past as a villain and traitor, among other things, but they aren't doing this with the other villains on Krakoa. Apocalypse, Sinister, and Exodus are just doing whatever they want manipulating people and living free. But using Raven and making these promises they know they aren't going to keep to get her to do their dirty work is shitty. Nothing about them looks good in this scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I can't stop thinking about how badly Xavier and Magneto are treating Mystique. Yes, she has a past as a villain and traitor, among other things, but they aren't doing this with the other villains on Krakoa. Apocalypse, Sinister, and Exodus are just doing whatever they want manipulating people and living free. But using Raven and making these promises they know they aren't going to keep to get her to do their dirty work is shitty. Nothing about them looks good in this scenario.
    Nah Mystique has personal screwed X-men in close way a bunch of times, Apoccy, Sinister, Exodus all did messed up but it is not on personal level like Mystique. Mystique has been on X-men team one to many times for me feel a bit sorry for her. How many times has mystique work with X-men team only to stab them in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Nah Mystique has personal screwed X-men in close way a bunch of times, Apoccy, Sinister, Exodus all did messed up but it is not on personal level like Mystique. Mystique has been on X-men team one to many times for me feel a bit sorry for her.
    I mean she certainly never coordinated a mass execution of an entire underground community, but I get it. Crimes only matter if they're personal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Except for creating a mutant paradise. How about bringing back The Limbo Babies Mystique and Destiny gave to the government and whose lives they royally fvcked up
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

None of the other X-Men rogues are getting their desired treatment. Not Sinister, Not Apocalypse. This is not about crimes. This is about how she used the X-Men for herself and now she is just paying her dues. That's it.