Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 614
  1. #121
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    This is a really interesting idea. Hickman made it a point to note that there are back-ups for members of The Five. It's possible she could get Synch, Triage, Sway, Legion/Jamie Braddock, and Rogue absorbed Egg together to bring back Destiny all on her own.
    Exactly. I predict Destiny will be resurrected without Xavier, Magneto and Moira’s knowledge. I foresee an alliance between Sinister, Shaw, and Mystique. It’s inevitable. Mystique deserves a Giant size X-men issue all to herself. I wonder if Moira is expecting this betrayal from Mystique and Sinister. And if so, what are the extra precautions she is taking. It’s inevitable that a mutant will be born with precog powers. It would be foolish of her to rely solely on Xavier and Magneto to do her bidding. I swear if Hickman comes out with stories with fhe same quality, I don’t mind buying X-men comics every week.

  2. #122
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    her diaries proved useless, most of her visions as well, she probably knows only what her current xanax amount allows
    Do you really and truly believe that nothing about Krakoa is off? Weird? Not to be trusted?

  3. #123
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    2,123

    Default

    this story would have been so much better if it was any other characther, mystique is too much of an unstable psychopath for me to take it seriously

  4. #124
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,933

    Default

    Such a great issue.

    Hickman really does a great job by Mystique. Raven is ruthless, manipulative, and self-serving, but her love and devotion for Irene always brought out her more softer qualities. Too many writers have made her one note over the years, so its great seeing someone do right by her again. Its hard loving Mystique, and Krakoa. Hopefully Raven can bring back Irene without doing anything too drastic lol.

  5. #125
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,253

    Default

    The only thing that’s stable about Mystique is her love for Irene and her kids...well Rogue, not so much Kurt. She was the perfect character for this focused mission.

  6. #126
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    2,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Do you really and truly believe that nothing about Krakoa is off? Weird? Not to be trusted?
    of course there is, but mystique and destiny arent the proper vehicles to chalenge that since both are borderline psychotic and selfish.
    give me any other characther not the baby thrower, then I. can expect a bit of nuance.

  7. #127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Destroying mutant utopia because the dudes in charge won't bring your wife back is selfish. There are possibly millions of innocent mutants on the island that don't deserve to suffer because of the choices by the quiet council leadership.

    Moria might have a good reason for no precogs
    .

    Perhaps there is a timeline in which the pre-cogs are captured and used against mutants minority report style. Mutants couldn't defend themselves from a enemy that always knew what they would do.
    That's the problem, the QC isn't even the real seat of power in Krakoa, the triumvirate of Moira-Charles-Erik is. Krakoa is built on lies and deception.

    Moira's reason for no pre-cogs is because she thinks mutants always lose, and she doesn't want everyone to get disheartened over the fact that they always lose. In her 10 lives, it's always gone horribly, no matter who she backs or how hard they fight.

    That said, 10 out of all conceivable possible outcomes is almost nothing, and depriving Krakoa of the valuable intelligence pre-cogs/time travelers could provide is stupid. Plus we already have Gateway and Tempus on the scene already. Both of them have abilities that would prove just as useful as Destiny's in seeing into the future, so even if Tempus is largely booked up doing the Five thing, Gateway can still look through time and space in the Dreaming and see everything.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  8. #128
    Incredible Member TheRealWashout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Such a great issue.

    Hickman really does a great job by Mystique. Raven is ruthless, manipulative, and self-serving, but her love and devotion for Irene always brought out her more softer qualities. Too many writers have made her one note over the years, so its great seeing someone do right by her again. Its hard loving Mystique, and Krakoa. Hopefully Raven can bring back Irene without doing anything too drastic lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The only thing that’s stable about Mystique is her love for Irene and her kids...well Rogue, not so much Kurt. She was the perfect character for this focused mission.
    Yes, Mystique is manipulative, untrustworthy, and changes alliances more than the phases of the moon, but her passions have always been clear. Her moral compass points south most of the time, but she certainly has one. The X-men should absolutely never trust her, but I don't think that necessarily means we shouldn't.

  9. #129
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    of course there is, but mystique and destiny arent the proper vehicles to chalenge that since both are borderline psychotic and selfish.
    give me any other characther not the baby thrower, then I. can expect a bit of nuance.
    Mystique is the initial vehicle for this, but she isn't the last.

  10. #130
    Incredible Member TheRealWashout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    785

    Default

    I think when written well, Mystique is one of the most interesting characters in the X-world, and she is written very well here.

  11. #131
    Spectacular Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    232

    Default

    I enjoyed this issue, especially the references to Destiny, a favourite obscure character of mine.

    Mystique is always more interestign to me when the Destony relationship is front and centre.

    That being said, I'm a bit annoyed at the constant picking up and dropping off of plots. Juggling many plots is hard to do, but the complete lack of follow-up to the last issue was odd.

  12. #132
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    2,123

    Default

    If mystique is smart about this it can be enjoyable, but its mystique, shes not a third as smart or deceptive and she thinks she is, so she will probably fail or do something realy stupid harming inocent people in the process

  13. #133
    Incredible Member TheRealWashout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    If mystique is smart about this it can be enjoyable, but its mystique, shes not a third as smart or deceptive and she thinks she is, so she will probably fail or do something realy stupid harming inocent people in the process
    It's possible to be smart and also harm innocent people.

  14. #134
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Nations and political alliances are often built on lies, so that's the "minor" sin to keep the major impact of krakoa going

    I don't find destiny respectable at all, when we last saw her she orders Pyro to incinerate a room full of scientists and "make it slow" for Moira

    Absolutely selfish and hypocritical. If precogs can potentially bring down the entire house of cards that Xavier, Erik, and moria built, then that should be an unfortunate price to pay. Mystique and destiny are not to be trusted, what's their endgame anyway if she's resurrected? Retire and have kids? Lol. Probably just start a new brotherhood again and break laws

  15. #135
    Incredible Member TheRealWashout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    Nations and political alliances are often built on lies, so that's the "minor" sin to keep the major impact of krakoa going

    I don't find destiny respectable at all, when we last saw her she orders Pyro to incinerate a room full of scientists and "make it slow" for Moira
    This was one of the most respectable things she has done.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •