Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Ok this issue was a masterpiece. Damn, I hate Mystique but in a good way lol.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    The Quiet Council isn't really the top table though. Moira is. The QC is a symbolic gesture used to manipulate the people of Krakoa into believing they have a normal government and not just some woman sitting alone because she's experienced some stuff.
    like the gorosei and Isu in One Piece world government

Of course Xavier and especially Magneto know that Mystique is going to turn on them...and Mystique knows they know this So that will be an interesting final confrontation when it inevitably comes

It is kind of messed up to dangle that carrot like they are. They have brought worse mutants back.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It is kind of messed up to dangle that carrot like they are. They have brought worse mutants back.
    Which is certainly what makes not bringing Destiny back all the more suspicious to Raven
    It's clear that this is more than just Destiny being a carrot for Mystique. There's literally no rational reason they shouldn't bring her back.

To the pits with this vile wench.

Dazzler should have blown her treacherous head off ages ago.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    To the pits with this vile wench.

Dazzler should have blown her treacherous head off ages ago.
    She'd just be back next week.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Check the quote again, It was "Apart we always lose". The whole idea behind Krakoa was to do something different, something that isn't doomed to failure. You're taking what Moira says at face value, missing the context behind what she says and leaving out more of the discussion later in the same issue. Whats more the knowledge of Moira's past lives doesn't weaken the argument in favor of Krakoa, it strengthens it because it shows the failure of the different ideologies when operating separately.

Attachment 93064
    Attachment 93065

She says "No precogs" but then immediately starts in on "her" (Destiny). "She has way's of seeing me and I am a weakness because my death ends all of this."

The logic behind it is that if Moira's power becomes known than anyone who wants to stop the mutants only has to kill one person. Xavier and Magneto explicitly put it out there that they view the prohibition as temporary. The rest of the issue makes it very clear that the only one actually against precogs is Moira, and she's stuck on Destiny. Destiny killed her painfully and horrifically and threatened her with a final death.

One last thing just to be clear, I fully acknowledge this as my own interpretation, but the idea that the precogs aren't allowed because it will expose the dark secrets underpinning Krakoa fails because the only "dark secrets" they've shown are Moira's alive and many lives and that they are deliberately not reviving precogs. That idea is really a legacy from when people were predicting a pseudo invasion of the body snatchers, or a sinisterized Xavier, or one of the other evil Krakoan mastermind theories from earlier in the run.
    I agree completely YES Xavier and Magneto both want everyone to know the Truth even if itīs Destiny who says it or anyone else, that they always lose when they are not together but that makes Krakoa even more important, because itīs their best chance at survival and a future given itīs something that wasnīt there before in any of Moiraīs lives and they know now about Sinisters Quimeras and his plan to end the X-men in the near future. Destiny being brought back may be what Irene was saying about Moira "playing her cards right" to get her 11 life. At this point the only reason why Destiny is not back is because of Moiraīs fear of her and what she knows about her but given Destiny habilities sheīs also neccesary to give Krakoa more of a chance, something I think both Xavier and Magneto understand, in this way both Moira and Destiny are neccesary for mutants, they are their Oracle, the question will Moira and Destiny be able to work together? after what happened I donīt blame Moira for not trusting destiny but given how much she has changed the same question can be asked of her.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-12-2020 at 04:22 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Which is certainly what makes not bringing Destiny back all the more suspicious to Raven
    It's clear that this is more than just Destiny being a carrot for Mystique. There's literally no rational reason they shouldn't bring her back.
    No reason that they can tell Raven, yet, but she did kill Moira and killing Moira ends everything.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Destiny knew about Krakoa and tipped Mystique off beforehand, honestly Moira should've anticipated this.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Destiny knew about Krakoa and tipped Mystique off beforehand, honestly Moira should've anticipated this.
    How did we not know Hickman was just writing a Moira vs. Destiny comicbook event?! Amazing!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I also think it's pretty telling that when the opportunity presents itself, Xavier and Magneto are very much willing to have their agents slit someone's throat in their sleep despite all the pretense they put forward with the initial orchis mission/kill no man rule.
    ? How is it telling? The Law was never meant to bigoted individuals or organizations hell-bent on mutant Extinction.

A few times on here I've joked about Mystique hiding napalm bombs or burning Krakoa to the ground if they try to screw with her. Didn't think I'd be as accurate about that as I thought.

What do you mean by Sentinel City? I didn't think Orchis was like an actual place, but an organization.

I've gotten some meh responses about this before, but I seriously think Krakoa isn't meant to last more than a year or two at most, and lead into a bigger relaunch/revamp of the X-men. The timetable comment from the FF issue really plays into that. A lot of the precogs they aren't bringing back don't have the power to see too far into the future, with the biggest exception being Destiny. If the problem is learning 'mutants always lose', then characters like Blindfold wouldn't be a threat because they can't see that far into the future to find out. So I think there's something specific coming up soon that Xavier doesn't want anyone to find out about.

Destiny being the biggest outlier for a lot of reasons. First, Moira is terrified of her. Second, she probably already knows what happening, and doesn't agree with it. She's not above lying to Mystique (see Wolverines, which this story lifted some of her message from), but the 'burn it to the ground' comment is so direct like she has to be dead serious about it.

Also I want to see it burn to the ground, but most of you probably guessed that already.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

A hahahahhahaahahahaha

Loving all the "Burn that evil witch for loving her wife, also Xavier Magneto and Moira are perfect angels" takes in this thread.

Keep em comin guys I need more humor
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Extraordinary Member

Even if you don't like Mystique and you think she's an evil bitch, that doesn't make Moira and Charles right.

I mean, as others have said, how long before a mutant is either born with precog powers or comes to Krakoa already with them? What about this future made Ruth so despondent that she decided to kill herself?