Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I can't stand Dr. Gregor. She's annoying, and I'm not going to feel bad when she goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    She really needed to burn her like that ??

That was sadism.
    Destiny is being written beautifully and she's become a favorite of mine, but I don't totally trust her as she's still a "villain".
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Its way too late for me to feel warm and fuzzy about Irene and Raven Marvel. Mystiques obsession with Wolverine and her cruelty to Rogue and worst of all her treatment of Kurt on the counsel. Remorseless witch! Hold your tongue. You should be happy you are allowed to breath next to him.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    That's not really a fair comparison. The Avengers are currently dealing with a galactic threat to the entire planet, and have been dealing with planetary threats like the Final Host, the vampire uprising and Namor's war on everyone. They're about to have to deal with the Symbiote God and his all consuming army and the united Kree/Skrull invasion. That just gets back to "why aren't the Avengers doing anything about the specific problems of mutants when other massive threats are going on" that gets brought up all the time. In the old days the X-men would have asked the FF and Avengers for help in dealing with a place like Sentinel City. They probably haven't even mentioned it to them now.

"Kill No Man", except the ones that we think are threats to us still feels like a hypocrisy based on Jean's reasoning for the law. Especially in situations different from Orchis, like the mercs or Groot wannabes who are so beneath their weight class when they're going against the X-men.

And the mutants are desecrating Mars with the Krakoa plants according to previews for Marauders.
    To be fair the X-Men are also dealing with a galactic threat. Orchis is developing a Nimrod sentinel, which leads to a future like we say in lives 6 & 9 of Moira, which was where sentinels/homo novissima ruled the planet and eventually they surrender the earth to the Phallanx. The X-Men are just dealing with the threat in an earlier stage than the Avengers are.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    To be fair the X-Men are also dealing with a galactic threat. Orchis is developing a Nimrod sentinel, which leads to a future like we say in lives 6 & 9 of Moira, which was where sentinels/homo novissima ruled the planet and eventually they surrender the earth to the Phallanx. The X-Men are just dealing with the threat in an earlier stage than the Avengers are.
    The other hero groups know how dangerous Nimrod and other types of Sentinels are. Why don't they at least try asking for help? Or just let them know? They can just have a throwaway scene of Black Panther on a video monitor saying that the Avengers are on the other side of the universe at the moment and can't help right now.

EvilGenius

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    I still don't understand why Mystique has a council seat.
    Her powers are not unique, she is a liability and she is extremely demanding.
    I'm surprised she isn't a couple of feet away from Sabretooth right now.
    If Chuck and Mags had any real intelligence, they'd quietly "disappear" Mystique and resurrect Changeling (who's a LOT more controllable, and has exactly the same powerset).

Then get Changeling to shapeshift to Mystique form for QC meetings.

Problem solved.

Nobody would know the difference (Except Logan and Laura - and I don't think they have any real love for Mystique)
    Last edited by EvilGenius; 02-13-2020 at 09:29 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    LOL! Oh man, I needed that. Thank you!
    It's what i do best.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
    If Chuck and Mags had any real intelligence, they'd quietly "disappear" Mystique and resurrect Changeling (who's a LOT more controllable, and has exactly the same powerset).

Then get Changeling to shapeshift to Mystique form for QC meetings.

Problem solved.

Nobody would know the difference (Except Logan and Laura - and I don't think they have any real love for Mystique)
    For Changeling to be brought back, the Five would have to know, not to mention Sinister. If he were to just disappear off the island, other characters like Sage would know. It really doesnt make much sense to have anyone masquerade as Mystique. It would be simpler to have her setup for something and then be exiled in the Krakoa pits like they did Sabretooth

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    She really needed to burn her like that ??

That was sadism.
    Well, yeah. No one thinks Irene is a total cool and good person, but I trust her and Raven a bit more than I trust Moira and Charles mostly because I know what they want. I still have no idea what Moira and Charles want. I suspect that Moira wants to go full Evangelion and force Instrumentality, but if that is true, then I really don't trust her.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

I gotta ask... This whole sympathy-for-Mystique-of-all-people-lulwhat is some sort of Valentine's Week ironic gag, right?

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Irene is definitely arrogant, but she isn't entirely wrong. And unlike the others, she at leadt has the insight and perspective to see where her actions lead
    Perspective: Yes. Insight: No way, Jose. She's just a precog. She can see the future, but her understanding of it can be influenced by her biases, and lack of technical knowledge. There is so much guess work that goes with understanding her visions, that they're borderline unreliable. A classic example is DOFP. How could she possibly not understand that killing Kelly would end in genocide?
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Her last story before Hickman came along was her leaving messages to trick Mystique into bringing Logan back to life, while thinking it was actually bringing Destiny back. She failed. She's definitely flawed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Perspective: Yes. Insight: No way, Jose. She's just a precog. She can see the future, but her understanding of it can be influenced by her biases, and lack of technical knowledge. There is so much guess work that goes with understanding her visions, that they're borderline unreliable. A classic example is DOFP. How could she possibly not understand that killing Kelly would end in genocide?
    Kitty traveling back in time created a temporal ripple that prevented Destiny from seeing and predicting the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Kitty traveling back in time created a temporal ripple that prevented Destiny from seeing and predicting the future.
    You don't need to be a precog to predict a mutant killing a high profile politician would lead to mutant hating hysteria
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    You don't need to be a precog to predict a mutant killing a high profile politician would lead to mutant hating hysteria
    Destiny knew that but she thought he was a bigger threat alive. How was she supposed to know without her powers that killing a single senator would cause an apocalypse?