I just think the mutant leadership countermand their own orders .I remember Cyclops specifically stating they would not use the gate and Monet seconded him saying they could not let Orchis get their hands on that kind of tech to reverse engineer or find out more about Krakoa. Now the council heads in Xavier and Magnus go ahead and do this?It's gonna bite them in the ass hard.I doubt Orchis are clueless, ok so the gate may by some miraculous odds not be uncovered yet but I'm bloody sure after the first breach. Orchis have some failsafes installed to maybe notify them of a mutant presence.I think the next time Mystique goes through the gate they will spring a trap.No way this goes smooth, especially when I realise it's almost like Days of Future Past the film , they are designing not just sentinels but a nimrod.He will need a template of a mutant to study it's defensive programming. If they go full copying of the film then if he adopts Mystique's camouflage abilities then the mutants are in for a world of hurt. This seems the likely scenario, i doubt they set up this whole lovelorn plot for Mystique and turn her into a monster.It will rather be she will do as she is asked and maybe just maybe she will get captured and be used to weaponise Nimrod. If I am wrong and she purposefully helps Orchis to screw with Krakoa then damn she is a woman scorned!!