Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post

I agree with the posters who said Moira and Destiny may very well be lying by omission and have shown themselves more than willing to manipulate their loved ones to get them where they want them(Mystique and Charles), they are both a kind of oracle for mutants, Moira is an oracle for possibilities and Destiny for a possible future, what´s difficult to know for sure is if they are both looking to help mutankind prosper or they just have their own goals but both things can also be true for both of them. I hope we find more about them because they are easily the backbone reason behind HoX and Krakoa.
    Seriously. Kudos to Hickman for resurrecting these characters in such a grand way.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

I think and maybe part of me is wishing what I think should be written into the story but what if the whole Moira faking her death is the key mistake in the grand plan.I developed in my mind a story of how the Shiar Golem husk survives and becomes an sworn enemy of Moira,if my fictional idea in broad strokes was taken up it would explain why Destiny is seeing an 'evil' Moira and cannot differentiate between the evil Golem and the Good Moira. I wrote the synopsis of the story on another thread but let me post it here for everyone to see

I think I’ve thought of an interesting tangent that Hickman’s Moira plot can be developed to prove Xavier’s words ‘the children of the vault pose the greatest single threat to mutantdom beyond any doubt. I think Moira’s alternative lives and especially the Shiar Golem husk plot is the entry point into this story. The whole Shiar Golem clone to be executed for Moira’s benefit gives me an avenue into a story of incredible vengeance and hatred by the Golem for all Moira stood for. Perhaps with its cloning it could have some trace memories of her lives or perhaps just learn of them through another sympathetic source say Sinister :-)

My take is while they try to fake her death Sinister helps the Golem escape and creates a clone of a clone to take the fall. The briefly mentioned Ghost boxes of Astonishing Xmen #25 come back in play as the device to cross into a different life one of Moira’s alternate time streams (the most interesting being life 9) , seeing as the golem was not a fan of the X-men and Sinister urged her that in life 9 he was in dire need of her help.-that is where she escapes. We could say Sinister through the ghost box on his own got a distress call from Sinister of life 9 and they hatched a plan to help each other. Sinister’s plot from the beginning was to save his doppelganger in life 9 with Moira’s shiar golem since she is the only one who could make the trip and that was his whole reason for saving her. He tuned the ghost box to make her travel to a point in time in life 9 when his life 9 version is still alive before his execution.. Anyway so as a mutant double to avoid being targeted by the sentinels, she seeks out Sinister of life 9.He tells her her best and only hope is to release the children of the vault as the last best hope in that life to defeat the machines and ensure their survival. She releases the children of the vault who then destroy both the machines, mutants and humans in that life only sparing her and Sinister. Sinister being a scientist himself and obsessed with his own self-importance locks himself in the vault to learn its secrets and perfect himself again perhaps his long con. Leaves the golem and the Children to rule in that lifetime. The Golem out to get her revenge alerts the children that she is a clone of very special mutant , who when the real mutant is killed will leave not only her but all the children able to traverse all the alternate lives for the children of the vault to cross from life nine to others.

The children agree and as per their MO they upgrade, tweak nimrod like the Furies in Astonishing X-men Xenogenesis storyline, again sending him perhaps in a new black form near indestructible to kill Moira in her tenth life and anyone who tries to save her. A real terminator storyline spanning several issues I think this story gives an incredible opportunity to try bring the X-men and children of the vault in life 10 to a truce to try and help them stop this killing machine from the future and whatever follows after. We could also completely tease a completely different story developing, whereby Moira’s shiar golem from time to time gets flashes of a life she’s never had despite traversing other lives from life 9, in flashes of a fortress with constant war , she is having residual echoes of the Age of X storyline, where one of Legion’s persona’s embodied her in true form. So we tease that since she is not human, this residual echo and false memory remains true for her unlike the real Moira who has true memories. Legions’ most powerful personality is trying to permanently escape Legion and senses that there is a vessel out there for it. The Golem unaware simply is trying to solve the mystery of this missing life and keeps seeing Legion in her visions. Leaving us with another saga to unwind : )

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Can I say that I don't like the way Krakoa has been done but I don't "root" for Mystique and Destiny?

"Mystique" can have feelings and we can understand these feelings, can't we?
    No.

I also just don't care about her feelings.Waaah!

----

This changes things for people now, huh? Mumble-grumble

Xavier's been screwed for a while, though.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-16-2020 at 06:44 PM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Can I say that I don't like the way Krakoa has been done but I don't "root" for Mystique and Destiny?

"Mystique" can have feelings and we can understand these feelings, can't we?
    I dunno, if I ran around slashing folks' throats for the lulz, murdering babies to save my kin because I'm such a good parent, strapping other beings to a bed for efffin' months so I could harvest hormones out of them or whatever, I wouldn't throw a whiny-ass "I'm the victim, stop mistreating me, I have feeelings too!" tantrum because some jerk wasn't in any hurry to reunite me with my waifu/husbando. Just sayin'.

Honestly, it will never not be hilarious how folks were totally down for Moira/Chuck/Mags running a Bond Villain scheme on a global level, but hurting Mystique's feelings (of all people) is, like, pure evil, basically. What's next? Sebastian Shaw getting sympathy votes once he starts whining about how much he misses his swinging pal Harry Leland?
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 02-16-2020 at 10:09 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I dunno, if I ran around slashing folks' throats for the lulz, murdering babies to save my kin because I'm such a good parent, strapping other beings to a bed for efffin' months so I could harvest hormones out of them or whatever, I wouldn't throw a whiny-ass "I'm the victim, stop mistreating me, I have feeelings too!" tantrum because some jerk wasn't in any hurry to reunite me with my waifu/husbando. Just sayin'.

Honestly, it will never not be hilarious how folks were totally down for Moira/Chuck/Mags running a Bond Villain scheme on a global level, but hurting Mystique's feelings of all people is, like, pure evil, basically. What's next? Sebastian Shaw getting sympathy votes once he starts whining about how much he misses his swinging pal Harry Leland?
    You jest but that would actually work on me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    You jest but that would actually work on me lol
    Granted, it would objectively be a major step up from the "Xavier set me up/Emma is a bully!" defense. I just wouldn't expect most folks to tear up over it.

Honestly, it will never not be hilarious how folks were totally down for Moira/Chuck/Mags running a Bond Villain scheme on a global level, but hurting Mystique's feelings (of all people) is, like, pure evil, basically. What's next? Sebastian Shaw getting sympathy votes once he starts whining about how much he misses his swinging pal Harry Leland?
    They were already jumping on the Sabertooth pity train because he was mistreated by Krakoa not like he is unapologetic serial killer, So it is not that surprising that Mystique situation is getting the same type of pity.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    They were already jumping on the Sabertooth pity train because he was mistreated by Krakoa not like he is unapologetic serial killer, So it is not that surprising that Mystique situation is getting the same type of pity.
    You mean those five (maybe?) people?

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Well, at least you finally admitted that Sabertooth is being mistreated.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

What is happening to Sabretooth is sickening.

Chuck is a despot.

Xavier: "Wait, you thought what happened to Victor was unfair? Why didn't you vote against the motion?"
    Mystique: "It's complicated."

BANNED

Xavier: "Wait, you thought what happened to Victor was unfair? Why didn't you vote against the motion?"
    Mystique: "It's complicated."
    Xavier: "No. It's not. Didn't you love me? Aren't you my goddamn wife?"
    Mystique: "No. Because I was pregnant with him but not with you."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Well, at least you finally admitted that Sabertooth is being mistreated.
    When did I say Sabertooth was not mistreated ? The whole argument was about it being legally valid. Which it was and not about him being mistreated.

It's not about hurting feeling… or not.
    Even bastards can have feelings and feel human sometimes. And we are human, too. That's all. Nothing more than that.
    It doesn't mean they get a free pass for that.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I was too busy enjoying my vacay but from what I've seen the people backing Mystique probably forgot that Destiny isn't some misunderstood troublemaker like QQ and she's just as evil as the A-tier X-Men villains.

Y'all think you're reading Bloom into You or some sh*t. smh.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 02-17-2020 at 06:41 AM.
    "Cable was right!"