Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Ugh I could roll my eyes out of my head every time someone brings up Orwell.

Fantastic Member

Exactly nothing can stop her from uncovering the truth. She has no boundaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So what was the point of Jean on the Orchis mission? Not to bring up an old argument but people on here said she was there to connect the team's memories to Xavier so he could download them to Cerebro but in this issue we learn that wasnt the case
    Maybe she only succeeded in copying some of them and wasn't able to do so for some of the surprise deaths.

Or even only successful in copying her own. As Monet, Mystique, Wolverine, Nightcrawler and Cyclops all died relatively suddenly

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So what was the point of Jean on the Orchis mission? Not to bring up an old argument but people on here said she was there to connect the team's memories to Xavier so he could download them to Cerebro but in this issue we learn that wasnt the case
    She was there to confirm the team status I think

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    A united mutant race is more formidable than if they were divided into smaller factions like before.
    And it doesn't sound artificial to you? Xavier beginning sentences… Magneto ending them. All right, they are different… from before, but so alike.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    And it doesn't sound artificial to you? Xavier beginning sentences… Magneto ending them. All right, they are different… from before, but so alike.
    uh um tots

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    She was there to confirm the team status I think
    I think the mission was as much a test of the resurrection protocols and the new team formations as anything else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I think the mission was as much a test of the resurrection protocols and the new team formations as anything else.
    the protocols were already in place before, what was there to test?

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    A united mutant race is more formidable than if they were divided into smaller factions like before.
    And anything that is built on a unstable foundation is doomed to collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    And anything that is built on a unstable foundation is doomed to collapse.
    There are persisting, developed countries built off foundations of much worse things than lies.

BANNED

that panel doesnt help considering mystiques actions after.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the idea this new status quo, that has been a definitive and cosmic positive addition to a horribly stagnant comic line , will end because a hag told her indigo lover to burn it down instead of, i dunno, find out why and reveal the truth to others perhaps, makes me so so so anoyed.
    lol I'm right there with you
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    that panel doesnt help considering mystiques actions after.
    Destiny led Mystique to believe she was doing all that so she would be back, but it was a ruse to bring Logan back so she let everything burn. Did I miss anything?

Burn it down doesn't necessarily have to be taken literally. Mystique could easily "burn down the concept and ideas of Krakoa" without lighting a single fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    See, that'd be fine, if they didn't set the specifications before hand with the Original orchis mission. AKA, only lethal force against those directly applying it. Else they woulda just blown the whole space station up.
    You’re correct however that’s why I explicitly stated “solely” responsible. I’m not rabid enough to think that any and all people on that station should’ve been condemned to death. Not that I would’ve cried if they were, but I can see that as being a tough pill for some to swallow. Not every person has direct responsibility for Orchis’ machinations. But Alia was shown as the singular person working on Nimrod. Understandably probably the focus of her rage after her husband’s(deserved) death. So seeing as how that might as least very significantly delay the creation of this machine Xavier and Erik KNOW to be a factor in many lifetimes of mutant subjugation and genocide, her elimination is beyond justified for me. Just because your husband died doesn’t give you the right to continue making murderous machinations in the name of “safety” of a race not even currently in danger except from their own paranoia and hate.
    Last edited by Ororo101; 02-12-2020 at 11:27 AM.