Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default X-Men #6 review *spoilers* - "I want my wife back!"

VERY GOOD issue!

It starts in the past with Raven and Irene as Irene beings to tell her something. Then it moves to present day on Orchis where we see Sentinel City growing. Karima is there and later we see Dr. Gregor working on a Nimrod

We are then taken to the scene of Mystique, Magneto and Xavier during HoX before the mission She is tasked to plant a seed in space. She does so but of course dies but we later see her reborn.

Magneto reveals that they were died beyond the reach of Cerebro so their backup was right before they left. They go to a Krakoa gate to verify if she in fact planted the seed. She goes through and sneaks her way around Orchis and has a knife to a sleeping Gregor. She informs Xavier and Magneto when she returned that they wre wrong to believe that Nimrod came from Mother Mold bc Gregor is building one herself. Magneto asks her why she didnt take care of it and she says they have laws. Xavier wants more out of her but Mystique refuses bc she wants Irene back. Xavier says only when she has earned it.

Later Mystique is seen at the Oracle and it flashes back to the earlier scene with Destiny. She tells Mystiquee about what will happen after she dies; she tells her of Krakoa. She tells her that they will lie to her bc they are hiding things. She tells her that she will understand when the time comes. "Bring me back" and if you can not burn that place to the ground

The star of this issue was by far Destiny. She needs to be brought back ASAP
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-12-2020 at 07:45 AM.

Loved everything about it. My fave ish thus far.

You know, for smart guys, Xavier and Magneto are pretty dumb to try to play Mystique like this. We’ve all called this from the start but they’re gonna learn that He’ll hath no fury like a Raven scorned.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know, for smart guys, Xavier and Magneto are pretty dumb to try to play Mystique like this. We’ve all called this from the start but they’re gonna learn that He’ll hath no fury like a Raven scorned.
    They're only stupid if the writers make them stupid. They know what she will do so if they're written as unprepared for the betrayal, it should all come crashing down and we can move on to life 11.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    They're only stupid if the writers make them stupid. They know what she will do so if they're written as unprepared for the betrayal, it should all come crashing down and we can move on to life 11.
    Yup. They have every reason to think Destiny is a player on the board, even in death. The tension comes from seeing who can outthink who, and how much ego, desperation, and selfishness trip them all up.

This was really really good. Destiny is truly frightening and Mystique is going to go crazy soon. I wonder if she'll go and talk/ally with Orchis instead.

I wish we had gotten a datapage about what The Oracle is.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    This was really really good. Destiny is truly frightening and Mystique is going to go crazy soon. I wonder if she'll go and talk/ally with Orchis instead.

I wish we had gotten a data page about what The Oracle is.
    No, my friend, she won't be going crazy, she is going to get mad and then and only then will Krakoa burn for what they did...and they will deserve it. Not because they are mutants but because they messed with wrong women here.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Orchis is still a big threat, bigger than ever.
    Charles and Eric are not helping themselves or their cause in how they handle Mystique.
    I know ‘evil lesbians’ is the oldest cliche in the book, but even so, that was fab (if Hickman resolves Kurt’s parentage and makes them his parents, I will love him forever).
    Last edited by Su_Whisterfield; 02-12-2020 at 07:46 AM.

I would support deleting Azzie so hard, yes. ��

So the suspicions were true, Mystique is Irene back up and if they dont comply, well...party time.

This is going to end with Mystique in the pit or exiled after trying to destroy Krakoa.

Really enjoyed this issue I would say it was one of the best so far. It makes sense why Mystique got "lost" which was not like Raven at all. Magneto and Xavier will likely be the cause of her about face and their own downfall. You dont f@#* with Mystique. Destiny has been a pleasure to read.

Mighty Member

Burn them, Raven.

Burn them all.

And do it slowly, so they don't forget how it feels.

I have to admit, i would never guessed that Destiny would become this big player in the X-Men mythos, a very minor character that has been death for decades.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Burn them, Raven.

Burn them all.

She needs to team up with her SIL whose at the same point with [A].

Best issue of the series!
    >I feel like this should have been issue #2. Why can't Hickman be like this every issue? I know he's setting stuff up in this series but damn, we also need plot progression on the plots that already exist. If X-Men was on a weekly schedule, I'd understand but this is pretty slow going for...Hordeculture.
    >The art was nice.
    >Destiny is that bitch! I absolutely love her!
    >Would Raven really let an entire society collapse and millions of peopl... sorry, mutants die if she doesn't get her one true love back? I wish a MF would!!! I haven't liked Mystique in years but this has made her SO interesting. Genuine emotion and understandable actions are not things I readily associate with Mystique but here they are. This is the best she's been written in years.
    >Can't Charles just read her mind to ensure compliance? It's certainly not like he's above such things, especially now that the morality gloves are off.
    >When resurrected, Mystique has the skull on her forehead. It's so key to her identity that she creates it even when freshly resurrected and naked?
    >A Nimrod? Does this mean... Does this mean that we'll get Nimrod the Lesser back?! YAY!!!
    >The key ingredient in creating Nimrods is a Ghostbusters ghost trap?
    >How did ORCHIS not check every single square inch of their Forge for bombs and other devices after the mutant incursion?
    >The Mercury Sentinel City, the Venus listening posts, the completed repairs on the Forge... This is why the X-Me... er... the mutants should have blown the Forge up. Leaving behind all that advanced technology and those brilliantly twisted minds was a huge mistake.

More issues like this one, please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Burn them, Raven.
    Burn them all.
    LOL!
    Destiny really has a fire fetish... and I'm here for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'