Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Haven't finished going through the whole thread yet but wanted to respond to this idea as it keeps popping up and its not exactly right. The reason for the no precogs is not hiding the shady dealings of Xavier, Magneto and Moira, it was the threat Destiny made to Moira back in life 3. That her power allows her to perceive Moira and find her and that Moira only has 10 shots (maybe 11).

The rule against precogs is because 1. Moira is scared of Destiny and 2. They can expose Moira and if she is killed everything gets reset. Its also pretty obvious that Magneto and Xavier don't view this as a long term solution. They view it as a necessary, yet temporary evil during a period of weakness, instability and growth.

Now I'm not claiming they are right or that this is fair, they're not and its not, but neither is it some kind of underhanded powergrab designed to keep the mutants blind and docile.

Moira is afraid of Destiny(wow), but she is primarily afraid of everyone learning the truth that they always lose. Which Magneto and Xavier are pigheaded enough to believe they personally can change.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 02-12-2020 at 12:22 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    T'challa annulled Ororo so that he wouldn't have to pay alimony
    He annulled the marriage when Namor flooded Wakanda and Storm was essentially siding with him and the other Phoenix 5. Can you imagine the public relations nightmare? They are dating again now, though, in BP's title and their relationship has even been mentioned in Hickman's own work, if only tangentially(at the economic dinner).

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'd rather Mystique go recruit her old Brotherhood chums (plus Phantazia). Sabretooth is too impulsive to be trustworthy, and Mystique doesn't need someone like that. She needs spinners of webs, and Pyro's already made his way into the Marauders.
    That's true, but maybe he doesn't have to work with him. If she wants to burn it down, all she has to do is set him free. I think he'd be mad enough to damage on his own accord.

Storm should ask all her ex husbands for trade agreements from Khan to Dracula to T'Challa

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    With Blob a semi-regular in X-Factor, Pyro in Marauders, and Rogue in Excalibur. She has former brotherhood members all over that island. I know so many people would hate it, but as a Rogue fan, I would love if they do a pro-wrestling style heal turn with her and reveal Destiny and Mystique planted her within the X-men for this moment.
    #mindsblown what if it was a set up from Destiny from the get go...

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Storm should ask all her ex husbands for trade agreements from Khan to Dracula to T'Challa
    lol, someone get Lord Claremont on the line. Don't forget Polemachus under Arkon, Loki's Asgard, Doom's Latveria, and M'rin's dimension. I'm telling you, Ororo should be front and center as head ambassador of foreign relations!

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Don't mistake my take for belief that she doesn't deserve to die. My stance is purely on the hypocrisy of Xavier and Magnus when the situation benefits. It's a critique of their character.
    Of for sure lol anyone who can’t see Charles and Erik have been shakily riding the fine line between Altruism and sheer Arrogance would have to have to be blind. I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t one of the most interesting parts of H/P/DoX though.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    T'challa annulled Ororo so that he wouldn't have to pay alimony
    I actually hollered out loud.
    Last edited by Ororo101; 02-12-2020 at 12:48 PM.

Destiny is the real star of the Hickman era. HBIC and she isn't even alive.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Destiny is the real star of the Hickman era. HBIC and she isn't even alive.
    I always thought that Hickman just couldn't write women. Not that he's a bad writer, just that he couldn't write women. But he's proven me dead wrong with his Destiny, Moira, Raven, and Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I always thought that Hickman just couldn't write women. Not that he's a bad writer, just that he couldn't write women. But he's proven me dead wrong with his Destiny, Moira, Raven, and Emma.
    I still think he can't write women,. He writes them on very similar personality traces, they are the bad girls

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I still think he can't write women,. He writes them on very similar personality traces, they are the bad girls
    I'm interested in how he'll write Jean and Storm in the giant size issue

I still don't understand why Mystique has a council seat.
    Her powers are not unique, she is a liability and she is extremely demanding.
    I'm surprised she isn't a couple of feet away from Sabretooth right now.

I read it again, and I must say that it was the first time that I really, really loved the book since HoX/PoX. It really felt like a continuation of it, and I'm in love with that story.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    I still don't understand why Mystique has a council seat.
    Her powers are not unique, she is a liability and she is extremely demanding.
    I'm surprised she isn't a couple of feet away from Sabretooth right now.
    I think it was more to pacify her temporarily. There is a certain amount of prestige to be in the company of some of the most powerful mutants in Krakoa. Most villains tend to have big egos and what better way to inflate one’s ego that give her a seat in the table.

To keep a close eye on her. Mystique naming her house the oracle is sweet but also creepy.

The Sentinel City is a scary idea