Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Her last story before Hickman came along was her leaving messages to trick Mystique into bringing Logan back to life, while thinking it was actually bringing Destiny back. She failed. She's definitely flawed.
    No, that was just piss poor writting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    To be fair, she had the right idea, she just underestimated how petty Mystique can be. Actually, this brings to mind that Mystique basically damned the multiverse to death because of this.
    Again, piss poor writing in action. Which so far we ar thankfuly not getting with Hickman...thank God i say!

I'm so happy that the DC fandom gets to enjoy Bendis now.
    Yes...we are soooo thankful for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    One thing I don't get that is sloppy as hell is how Orchis fail to see a Krakoan gate after they've been breached, until Mystique gets resurrected again to go through it.This is just bizarre if they had been working on reverse engineering gates and had like prototypes in storage where a working gate is planted fine but a gate out of nowhere? This is poor writing or just unscessary dumbing down of Orchis to serve the plot
    Do we know the full nature of the gates? Like, do scanners just register them as normal plantlife? Do they give off some unknown energy signature?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    In other words, they're saving the entire human and mutant race...because it is some humans' hatred of mutants that leads them down the path of Homo Novissima, Nimrod and Nimrod the Lesser and ultimately the Phalanx. It's just that the humans are too full of blinding hatred to think beyond their own self-interest.

This issue is another perfect 10/10 and a galaxy of stars.
    Just going to throw this out there, but what if it isn't going to turn out that Homo Novissima was the threat, what if we are just being told that before the big twist comes along and shows us the "true" reason/threat they should have prepared for?

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I gotta ask... This whole sympathy-for-Mystique-of-all-people-lulwhat is some sort of Valentine's Week ironic gag, right?
    I gotta ask this (and i am not very good at these types of matters so apologies if i mess it up along the way)...everyone here knows full well that she is an evil fucking bitch, there is no if, and's or but's about that she is evil to the core, yet why is it wrong to feel either a measure of sympathy for her or root for (either privately or publicly) as she tries to accomplish her wife's request?

To use another example, Doctor Doom, we all know that he is either protrayed as a horrible monster wrapped in human flesh or a honorable anti villain, and while i am sure there are times we cursed him such as when he made a demonic pact that had him push the F4 to the breaking point and had Ben killed, Johnny wounded, Franklin traumatized, Reed scarred and Sue distraught, however there also times took his side during Time's Run Out when he took the fight to the Beyonder and then stood against him when he stole Reed's family from him and even more so cheered for him as he took over for Stark and tried to be a good man for once.

Or another example, wast it wrong to side with Namor knowing full he lead his forces into Wakanda and killed many innocent bystanders during Time Runs Out? Was it wrong to feel sympathy for him after T'Challa and Black Bolt left him to die on a doomed Earth and made him work with Thanos?

So, i ask the thread, is it wrong when it clashes with our personal bias and thus right when it aligns with it?

Now i can only speak for myself, but for me at this moment and with what Hickman is doing with her and Irene, i am rooting for them because so far their actions make sense given what has so far gone down in the other books and in this book and that is this: Krakoa is NOT forever, some sinners should not have been let into paradise (Apocalypse, Shaw, Sinister), the leadership has been proven quite inadequate/incompetant (looking at you Xavier and Lensherr) in dealing with the mounting threats (Orchis, Peacock man, Plant creatures, etc) the laws only apply when it suits there need (Kill humans but do so when no one is looking), and not all are welcomed on the island (NO PRECOGS ALLOWED).

Eh the continued well being of a whole race of people trumps some murdering rapist psychopaths wanting her wife back. But I'm just speaking for myself
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I gotta ask this (and i am not very good at these types of matters so apologies if i mess it up along the way)...everyone here knows full well that she is an evil fucking bitch, there is no if, and's or but's about that she is evil to the core, yet why is it wrong to feel either a measure of sympathy for her or root for (either privately or publicly) as she tries to accomplish her wife's request?
    Because a good amount of people who are doing are same people rooting against Krakoa. And it is kinda hypocritical " They are backing an evil backstabbing murderous character who is going to destroy the lives of millions of people because she can't get back her wife. Basically they can empathize Mystique getting back Xavier and Magneto because of the mistreatment that they are doing her and they are okaying she will have to do wrong steps to achieve her overall noble goal BUT Krakoa is wrong but it is when generally the same type of thing as Mystique situation ,Krakoa and mutants have been mistreated by humans and most fans who are okay with it understand they are wrong things happening to achieve overall noble goal.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-15-2020 at 01:03 AM.

Some of you need to chill with the language you are using in this thread.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Because a good amount of people who are doing are same people rooting against Krakoa. And it is kinda hypocritical " They are backing an evil backstabbing murderous character who is going to destroy the lives of millions of people because she can't get back her wife. Basically they can empathize Mystique getting back Xavier and Magneto because of the mistreatment that they are doing her and they are okaying she will have to do wrong steps to achieve her overall noble goal BUT Krakoa is wrong but it is when generally the same type of thing as Mystique situation ,Krakoa and mutants have been mistreated by humans and most fans who are okay with it understand they are wrong things happening to achieve overall noble goal.
    Can I say that I don't like the way Krakoa has been done but I don't "root" for Mystique and Destiny?

"Mystique" can have feelings and we can understand these feelings, can't we?
    Last edited by Wolverine12; 02-15-2020 at 11:24 PM. Reason: what did I just say!
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Ha! Zamn Dude...I hadnt even thought about it in that way
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

The reason we might be rooting for Mystique is because we feel like the mutants are fucked anyways because of Charles and Moira.

The reason we might be rooting for Mystique is because we feel like the mutants are fucked anyways because of Charles and Moira.
    I think you mean "you HOPE Mutants are fucked" Theres no indication that mutants are heading towards the same endangered doomed species they were for the past TEN years.
    Perhaps you can expound on your "feeling"
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

It is not that she can't get her wife back...it is not a situation like with Kate Pryde and the gates...it is not that they can't clone Irene...it is that they won't because they will not allow precogs who will see that no matter what...Krakoa will fail. And if that gets out all this mutant unity will go away. So they are stinging her along and using her as their spy/assassin and keeping Irene from her when they could just get the 5 together and bring her back....maybe even younger and give them more time together.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I think you mean "you HOPE Mutants are fucked" Theres no indication that mutants are heading towards the same endangered doomed species they were for the past TEN years.
    Perhaps you can expound on your "feeling"
    Why would I hope that mutants are doomed?