Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I just think the mutant leadership countermand their own orders .I remember Cyclops specifically stating they would not use the gate and Monet seconded him saying they could not let Orchis get their hands on that kind of tech to reverse engineer or find out more about Krakoa. Now the council heads in Xavier and Magnus go ahead and do this?It's gonna bite them in the ass hard.I doubt Orchis are clueless, ok so the gate may by some miraculous odds not be uncovered yet but I'm bloody sure after the first breach. Orchis have some failsafes installed to maybe notify them of a mutant presence.I think the next time Mystique goes through the gate they will spring a trap.No way this goes smooth, especially when I realise it's almost like Days of Future Past the film , they are designing not just sentinels but a nimrod.He will need a template of a mutant to study it's defensive programming. If they go full copying of the film then if he adopts Mystique's camouflage abilities then the mutants are in for a world of hurt. This seems the likely scenario, i doubt they set up this whole lovelorn plot for Mystique and turn her into a monster.It will rather be she will do as she is asked and maybe just maybe she will get captured and be used to weaponise Nimrod. If I am wrong and she purposefully helps Orchis to screw with Krakoa then damn she is a woman scorned!!

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I feel like it’ll be Cyke who discovers the truth about Prof X, Magneto and Moira. Mystique might open the door, but Cyclops seems like the main player in the main title, so for him to blow the lid would certainly be exciting (more particular Charles’ reaction to that)

Loving where this is going, even though I have no idea WHERE its all going

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I just think the mutant leadership countermand their own orders .I remember Cyclops specifically stating they would not use the gate and Monet seconded him saying they could not let Orchis get their hands on that kind of tech to reverse engineer or find out more about Krakoa. Now the council heads in Xavier and Magnus go ahead and do this?It's gonna bite them in the ass hard.I doubt Orchis are clueless, ok so the gate may by some miraculous odds not be uncovered yet but I'm bloody sure after the first breach. Orchis have some failsafes installed to maybe notify them of a mutant presence.I think the next time Mystique goes through the gate they will spring a trap.No way this goes smooth, especially when I realise it's almost like Days of Future Past the film , they are designing not just sentinels but a nimrod.He will need a template of a mutant to study it's defensive programming. If they go full copying of the film then if he adopts Mystique's camouflage abilities then the mutants are in for a world of hurt. This seems the likely scenario, i doubt they set up this whole lovelorn plot for Mystique and turn her into a monster.It will rather be she will do as she is asked and maybe just maybe she will get captured and be used to weaponise Nimrod. If I am wrong and she purposefully helps Orchis to screw with Krakoa then damn she is a woman scorned!!
    Siiiiiigh
    She's already pretty monstrous dude

buuuut
    You know that X-men comics CAN'T "copy Days of Future Past" cause that was just a poorly done copy of an X-Men comic storyline. Im not really seeing a lotta similarities between this and the film, probably shouldnt put to much stock in that. I dont think the Sentinels will find Mystiques power useful. I meeeeean they are skyscraper tall killing machines, or Human sleeper agents. Nimrod is just a beast from its first design...adding anything with an XGene into the design would probably make it self destruct.
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I am pretty sure that Orchis has some pretty intelligent botanists who manage their plants up in space. But...9sarcasm on)no way would they ever notice this weird new plant just appearing in the garden(sarcasm off)...not the brightest idea anyone has ever had.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I am pretty sure that Orchis has some pretty intelligent botanists who manage their plants up in space. But...9sarcasm on)no way would they ever notice this weird new plant just appearing in the garden(sarcasm off)...not the brightest idea anyone has ever had.
    I still have to believe that the plant has some sort of cloaking or camouflage for it. Then again, sometimes the best way to hide something is to put in plain sight.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I gotta ask this (and i am not very good at these types of matters so apologies if i mess it up along the way)...everyone here knows full well that she is an evil fucking bitch, there is no if, and's or but's about that she is evil to the core, yet why is it wrong to feel either a measure of sympathy for her or root for (either privately or publicly) as she tries to accomplish her wife's request?
    Personally...I don't believe Mystique is "an evil fucking bitch...to the core". She's just like any other X-Villain with layers and dimensions to her villainy and character.
    That's why I love her and in this instance, do sympathise (not agree) with her. If she goes and "burn that place to the ground", I can't put all the blame on her because Xavier and Magneto, knowing who they're dealing with, should have been up front with her as to why they are unwilling to resurrect Irene. I honestly don't believe she will go quite that far, knowing what she and everyone has to lose if she does as instructed, but I'm happy to wait and see...I'm not going to sit here and "write out the story in my head"...that's an enormous waste of my time and mental/emotional energy that ultimately detracts from my enjoyment of the story in front of me. (And I have no intentions of turning into some of the character-specific fans who frequent these threads...The Goddess bring them peace and joy.)

I will say...if there's one (and only one) thing that has bothered me about DoX...is Xavier, Magneto and Moira's insistence that the big "horrible futures" secret be kept from the other mutants, specifically those on the QC. That is PIS. And..
    Moira may believe she's making the right decision about precogs on the Island but she's also just being a SeeYouNextTueday out of spite for what Destiny did to her. (Now that I think on it...I desperately want HiX-Man to do a GSXM: Moira and Destiny...just to see Irene confront Moira about how she went about things).
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-15-2020 at 08:10 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, it's sort of hard to really blame Mystique when Magneto and Charles know who she is and what she can do. Are they hoping she betrays them?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Personally...I don't believe Mystique is "an evil fucking bitch...to the core". She's just like any other X-Villain with layers and dimensions to her villainy and character.
    That's why I love her and in this instance, do sympathise (not agree) with her. If she goes and "burn that place to the ground", I can't put all the blame on her because Xavier and Magneto, knowing who they're dealing with, should have been up front with her as to why they are unwilling to resurrect Irene. I honestly don't believe she will go quite that far, knowing what she and everyone has to lose if she does as instructed, but I'm happy to wait and see...I'm not going to sit here and "write out the story in my head"...that's an enormous waste of my time and mental/emotional energy that ultimately detracts from my enjoyment of the story in front of me. (And I have no intentions of turning into some of the character-specific fans who frequent these threads...The Goddess bring them peace and joy.)

I will say...if there's one (and only one) thing that has bothered me about DoX...is Xavier, Magneto and Moira's insistence that the big "horrible futures" secret be kept from the other mutants, specifically those on the QC. That is PIS. And..
    Moira may believe she's making the right decision about precogs on the Island but she's also just being a SeeYouNextTueday out of spite for what Destiny did to her. (Now that I think on it...I desperately want HiX-Man to do a GSXM: Moira and Destiny...just to see Irene confront Moira about how she went about things).
    No layers to Mystique she is a scorpion and the X-men are turtles and you know what happens in the parable/myth to turtle, She has been on X-men teams before and every single time she does what scorpions do. Unlike most of the other X-men villains she has been in this position before it is not a shocker that Xavier and Mags have her on a leash. I get why people empathize with her situation but for me Mystique should be a X-men mainstay but writers keep writing screwing over the X-men. I know with X-factor and Rogues X-men Squad she did her backstabbing thing. Most X-men villains have screwed from villain's pov,Mystique has screw the X-men from a teammate perspective. Everytime it looks like Mystique is turning a corner for the better she stabs people in the back

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    No layers to Mystique she is a scorpion and the X-men are turtles and you know what happens in the parable/myth to turtle, She has been on X-men teams before and every single time she does what scorpions do. Unlike most of the other X-men villains she has been in this position before it is not a shocker that Xavier and Mags have her on a leash. I get why people empathize with her situation but for me Mystique should be a X-men mainstay but writers keep writing screwing over the X-men. I know with X-factor and Rogues X-men Squad she did her backstabbing thing. Most X-men villains have screwed from villain's pov,Mystique has screw the X-men from a teammate perspective
    But again, isn't the issue sort of that they are using her at all? It just seems stupid, arrogant, and mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Why would I hope that mutants are doomed?
    Well That's what I wanna know Dude!! lol
    But again, isn't the issue sort of that they are using her at all? It just seems stupid, arrogant, and mean.
    How is it stupid, arrogant, or mean to use the best tools at your disposable to ensure your people not have to rely on the (nonexistent) benevolence of humanity to survive but have a sovereign nation to call home + the agency to thrive
    GrindrStone(D)

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

They are explicitly fighting for the survival of their people, in that kind of fight you use anything and everything. The worst sin isn't being arrogant and mean its losing the fight.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

No layers to Mystique she is a scorpion and the X-men are turtles and you know what happens in the parable/myth to turtle, She has been on X-men teams before and every single time she does what scorpions do. Unlike most of the other X-men villains she has been in this position before it is not a shocker that Xavier and Mags have her on a leash. I get why people empathize with her situation but for me Mystique should be a X-men mainstay but writers keep writing screwing over the X-men. I know with X-factor and Rogues X-men Squad she did her backstabbing thing. Most X-men villains have screwed from villain's pov,Mystique has screw the X-men from a teammate perspective. Everytime it looks like Mystique is turning a corner for the better she stabs people in the back
    If I have to suspend disbelief here and give o--(A)--o , Sinister, Exodus as QC members the benefit of the doubt then I can do so for Mystique.
    You may be right and Raven is a scorpion at her core but...it's Charles and Erik's choice not to inform her as to their reasons for delaying Irene's resurrection that will bring out her stinger...and that's on them. Up until now she seemed quite okies to go along with their plans, once it suits her purpose...she's never been altruistic. But that has probably changed as of this issue.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

It depends what a person wants to be offended about. You have people who complain villains are on Krakoa, You have people who complain villains don't have any checks and balance on them. You have people complaining that Mystique is only villain that they are keeping in check like that. For me I have zero problems with them using leverage on people to act right. Honestly they should be using leverage Shaw and Apocalypse like that as well. I have no problems with X-men/Krakoa making villians do stuff to prove their worth to Krakoa.That said it is very legit complain why did X-men invite some villains to Krakoa and give them basically amnesty for all previous crimes, It is legit complaint that they are not good job of keep people like Shaw and Apocalypse in check. The one villain they are generally handling right imo is Mystique they don't trust her and using leverage to keep in her check.

Yes it is moral wrong to do what they are doing but the person in question in a heartbeat will use the same type of leverage to get what she wants so I don't feel bad. And to be clear when Magneto,Xavier and Beast get screwed over by their actions I won't feel bad either for them either. This not a one side is right thing, they are lot of people doing wrong stuff, If it serves the greater good I am generally fine with action. If they get stung by a shady action then also I am also fine with result. The one thing I am not going to is pretend that life always gives people the option of playing completely above board. That is where this run is interesting because it becomes a question of what line is too far to cross and if you cross that line do still get be the hero. I think that personally that is more interesting stories to tell.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-15-2020 at 09:21 AM.

Mighty Member

Couldn't this perspective also be applied to Emma? Untrustworthy and backstabbing who screws people over. If Xavier and Magneto were treating Emma the way they are treating Mystique would people have a problem, or would they say too bad; Krakoa is bigger than whatever Emma wants. Mystique is keeping up her end and doing her part but is being played by X and Mags. Whatever she does in retaliation will be deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Couldn't this perspective also be applied to Emma? Untrustworthy and backstabbing who screws people over. If Xavier and Magneto were treating Emma the way they are treating Mystique would people have a problem, or would they say too bad; Krakoa is bigger than whatever Emma wants. Mystique is keeping up her end and doing her part but is being played by X and Mags. Whatever she does in retaliation will be deserved.
    I don't think Emma and Mystique are comparable. There's no way Emma would be treated the same way after being on their side since 1994, and a prominent X-Man since 2001. She's not evil (anymore), she's just cunning and abrasive. Mystique just recently kept Dazzler in a coma/on drugs to steal her blood to sell Mutant Growth Hormone.