Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Rooting for Mystique!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    And that actually really sucks! I feel like I'm losing my mind here! It's one thing to suspect hypocrisy on that scale, it's another thing to see it out there so baldly stated. I don't want Charles to be a bad guy, and I don't want Krakoa to be a carrot under a drop-down box trap for mutants.
    2020 X-men comics, in which Charles Xavier is annoyed with Mystique for not slitting a woman’s throat in her sleep.

Extraordinary Member

The avengers created two unity squads (both led by the X-men) for the express purpose of never again staying blind to the plight of mutants. It's been NINE YEARS since AvX.
    Stop making me feel old!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I would love if Krakoa was this ideal paradise where mutantkind could flourish and thrive!

I just know that that isn't what it is. It's a trap.

And for those who still think Krakoa is in the right, well, you guys scare me.
    What puts them in the wrong?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Oh the hypocrisy....Kill no human...unless Charlie and Max tell you to.
    it's not

it's already been established since HoX

hox.jpg

state sanctioned assassinations in defense of krakoa =/= sabretooth getting his claws off on some mooks

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    2020 X-men comics, in which Charles Xavier is annoyed with Mystique for not slitting a woman’s throat in her sleep.
    woman who is building a mother mold to build master molds to build killer robots to kill mutant men, women and children. and will not stop because she's drank the humans are superior kool-aid

also nimrod

xavier and magneto should just send half of krakoa through the gate and drop all of orchi station into the sun and be done with it

That comic panel highlights the hypocrisy. Its meant to be a crime because humans can't come back, so when they die it has more meaning. To go "oh, well, except anyone who might be a threat to us" defeats the entire purpose. There was no need for all the ceremony of that law if they make exceptions for 4/5ths of the humans who appear on panel. No other hero groups are so willing to immediately go into kill mode when they come under attack.

And hey, I'm not a lemming! I've wanted it to die in a fire before ALL OF YOU! I'm a pyromaniac hipster.

Edit: actually, that's a good point. If they have access to their base, why not just go and destroy it now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    woman who is building a mother mold to build master molds to build killer robots to kill mutant men, women and children. and will not stop because she's drank the humans are superior kool-aid

also nimrod

xavier and magneto should just send half of krakoa through the gate and drop all of orchi station into the sun and be done with it
    Oh, I agree with you. I just thought the shift in dynamics was funny.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    What puts them in the wrong?
    For starters, they KNOW Mystique is crazy but they're playing it like they can control her, and baiting her with false hope. They're also not being on the up and up with their promises. No one else has to 'earn' resurrection. The deal was "All sins forgiven, come to Krakoa." Now it's: "You were a bad girl, Raven. Show daddy how sorry you are, and maaaaybe we'll do you a favor." It's not fair and can't be justified.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Extraordinary Member

And let's remember, the resurrections are supposed to be incredibly religious and a cornerstone of Krakoa society. It's supposed to be something that just happens no matter who you are. That's why a criminal like Sabertooth is just put in a hole, not killed or reprossessed through the protocol.

Charles wants mutants to revere it, that's why he planned his death, to scare mutants.

But what he's doing to Mystique and Destiny and Blindfold cheapens it. Now, bringing back the dead is just another method of control. It's just another way someone can flex their power and importance.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    it's not

it's already been established since HoX

hox.jpg

state sanctioned assassinations in defense of krakoa =/= sabretooth getting his claws off on some mooks
    Said mooks were clearly armed, he held them off to allow others to retrieve the info they needed, and sadly he used more force for the 2 soldiers he did kill, but that may very well have been necessary for those two. No different than all the soldiers Monet shredded who were attacking them when they were invading bases.

We also gotta call into question on what sane leader sends Sabretooth of all people on a mission where he didn't want anyone killed? Example used by Comic Book University. You send a Kleptomaniac into a convenient store to get something but get mad when they come out with a ton stuff (clearly not paid for since you only gave them a dollar).
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-12-2020 at 09:24 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Said mooks were clearly armed, he held them off to allow others to retrieve the info they needed, and sadly he used more force for the 2 soldiers he did kill, but that may very well have been necessary for those two. No different than all the soldiers Monet shredded who were attacking them when they were invading bases.
    Personally, I believe that Creed was meant to be made an example of. He's not someone anyone would miss or care about and at the same time, it's a good warning of what could happen a mutant doesn't follow procedure.

But again, this just underscores the hypocrisy of the whole situation.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Apparently you can kill flatscans under war conditions which still doesn't explain why Sabretooth got thrown in a hole.
    "Cable was right!"

Spectacular Member

For starters, they KNOW Mystique is crazy but they're playing it like they can control her, and baiting her with false hope. They're also not being on the up and up with their promises. No one else has to 'earn' resurrection. The deal was "All sins forgiven, come to Krakoa." Now it's: "You were a bad girl, Raven. Show daddy how sorry you are, and maaaaybe we'll do you a favor." It's not fair and can't be justified.
    i think it's fair, because he brought raven back and she's still a total bitch. it's simply her nature, she's selfish and only looks after herself. she's incapable of putting others ahead of her. krakoa as an idea is about putting others ahead and compromising

obviously xavier/magneto are hypocrites, but all heads of state are. still krakoa as a nation state is unique, because other nations want to not just eliminate the nation in some regime change, they want to exterminate all of its inhabitants because of their mutant status, so in this case, i don't see xavier/magneto's actions as being too hypocritical, if they don't take action, everybody dies horribly

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Those mooks were working for Damage Control, which is not an anti-mutant organization. It seems like you have to be an absolutely passive infant around mutants to benefit from that "Kill No Man" law, otherwise a thousand and one exceptions and loopholes spring into existence. I eagerly await the issue where a situation arises where someone flat out states no one is killing anyone that day, regardless of the justification. I wouldn't be surprised if it's Jean, because she'd be a good candidate to be frustrated that the spirit of the law isn't being followed.