Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    she strikes on her own not because of any sense of individualism or being a higher thinker that is cunning or even wise, she strikes on her own after screwing people over and looting what she can from the ashes, she is completly amoral and loyal only to herself, her going agaist any institution isnt new because of her history.
    no matter what krakoa would do mystique would find a way to "go on her own" because of her core
    100% this. She's completely in it for herself and incapable of putting anything else ahead of her wants, thus she is a threat to krakoa and never to be trusted in general

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So what was the point of Jean on the Orchis mission? Not to bring up an old argument but people on here said she was there to connect the team's memories to Xavier so he could download them to Cerebro but in this issue we learn that wasnt the case
    To let Magneto and Xavier know if the team succeeded in their mission?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Burn it down doesn't necessarily have to be taken literally. Mystique could easily "burn down the concept and ideas of Krakoa" without lighting a single fire.
    Yes but this is mystique lol.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Destiny was cremated and her ashes were scattered, she has no extant dna beyond that in Sinister's database. Xavier and Mags should just claim that Sinister's data was corrupted or damaged and Destiny can only be brought back powerless. Problem solved.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Destiny was cremated and her ashes were scattered, she has no extant dna beyond that in Sinister's database. Xavier and Mags should just claim that Sinister's data was corrupted or damaged and Destiny can only be brought back powerless. Problem solved.
    Do you really think Mystique would buy that?

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Moira's reason for no pre-cogs is because she thinks mutants always lose, and she doesn't want everyone to get disheartened over the fact that they always lose. In her 10 lives, it's always gone horribly, no matter who she backs or how hard they fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    All the more reason why Krakoa is corrupt at its core. You can’t say all mutants, good and evil, are welcome and then proceed to start throwing in exceptions. On top of that, that rule only exists so that they can maintain their power by figuratively keeping mutantkind blind and thus blindly following them like sheep.
    Haven't finished going through the whole thread yet but wanted to respond to this idea as it keeps popping up and its not exactly right. The reason for the no precogs is not hiding the shady dealings of Xavier, Magneto and Moira, it was the threat Destiny made to Moira back in life 3. That her power allows her to perceive Moira and find her and that Moira only has 10 shots (maybe 11).

The rule against precogs is because 1. Moira is scared of Destiny and 2. They can expose Moira and if she is killed everything gets reset. Its also pretty obvious that Magneto and Xavier don't view this as a long term solution. They view it as a necessary, yet temporary evil during a period of weakness, instability and growth.

Now I'm not claiming they are right or that this is fair, they're not and its not, but neither is it some kind of underhanded powergrab designed to keep the mutants blind and docile.

What do you think Destiny knows about Krakoa that would make her want to burn it

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the avengers would never help, keeping tabs on them is a very smart move
    The Avengers are run by T'Challa. T'Challa and Ororo are dating. If Storm asks nicely, the Avengers would help.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The Avengers are run by T'Challa. T'Challa and Ororo are dating. If Storm asks nicely, the Avengers would help.
    T'challa annulled Ororo so that he wouldn't have to pay alimony

My favorite issue released yet. I like how they'd give Mystique a pass to kill, but punished Sabertooth. I love that Mystique doesn't buy their bs, knows about Krakoa from Destiny, and is totally gonna burn it down. I bet she'll break Sabertooth out to help.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Do you really think Mystique would buy that?
    I don't think she would care. She didn't love Irene for her powers.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    T'challa annulled Ororo so that he wouldn't have to pay alimony
    Lmaoooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    My favorite issue released yet. I like how they'd give Mystique a pass to kill, but punished Sabertooth. I love that Mystique doesn't buy their bs, knows about Krakoa from Destiny, and is totally gonna burn it down. I bet she'll break Sabertooth out to help.
    I'd rather Mystique go recruit her old Brotherhood chums (plus Phantazia). Sabretooth is too impulsive to be trustworthy, and Mystique doesn't need someone like that. She needs spinners of webs, and Pyro's already made his way into the Marauders.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    What do you think Destiny knows about Krakoa that would make her want to burn it
    I don’t know but HoX/PoX didn’t convince me that Moira cares about mutants. She’s as self serving and ruthless as Mystique but on a massive scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'd rather Mystique go recruit her old Brotherhood chums (plus Phantazia). Sabretooth is too impulsive to be trustworthy, and Mystique doesn't need someone like that. She needs spinners of webs, and Pyro's already made his way into the Marauders.
    With Blob a semi-regular in X-Factor, Pyro in Marauders, and Rogue in Excalibur. She has former brotherhood members all over that island. I know so many people would hate it, but as a Rogue fan, I would love if they do a pro-wrestling style heal turn with her and reveal Destiny and Mystique planted her within the X-men for this moment.