Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

There are many things wrong in krakoa but it is also a good oportunity for mutantkind and a nice change of the usual verge of extinction status.
    On one side it feels wrong how Xavier is playing Mystique and he does deserve some punishment for being a jerk but bringing krakoa down seems like an exaggerated price for mutandkind.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Couldn't this perspective also be applied to Emma? Untrustworthy and backstabbing who screws people over. If Xavier and Magneto were treating Emma the way they are treating Mystique would people have a problem, or would they say too bad; Krakoa is bigger than whatever Emma wants. Mystique is keeping up her end and doing her part but is being played by X and Mags. Whatever she does in retaliation will be deserved.
    Yes it should be apply to her as well. Anybody who would put their own agenda over Krakoa they should have some checks and balances on the them. Xavier and Magneto are idiots (or they purposely turn a blind eye to some things because they need them) but there is no way they these guys should be running around with some real checks on them. I think that is fair complaint/assessment to be critical of level trust they have in the villians on Krakoa. It feels so fake for story drama that Krakoa isn't watching these guys closer and they didn't have plan to keep them in check. That is one of my issue with Krakoa status quo it feels naive to think that Xavier and Magneto thinks these guys will be kept in check with just position and land. It feels wrong that Xavier and Magneto don't have people spying on them 24/7.

Yes Whatever Mystique does in retaliation will be deserved,No doubt I agree with that but it also true that Mystique deserves zero trust and her past behavior justify the treatment she is getting. I think both thing can be true
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-15-2020 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I don't think Emma and Mystique are comparable. There's no way Emma would be treated the same way after being on their side since 1994, and a prominent X-Man since 2001. She's not evil (anymore), she's just cunning and abrasive. Mystique just recently kept Dazzler in a coma/on drugs to steal her blood to sell Mutant Growth Hormone.
    Emma killed a bunch on inhumans kids, tried to mindrape Teen Scott, tortured mutants on new tian.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Yes it should be apply to her as well. Anybody who would put their own agenda over Krakoa they should have some checks and balances on the them. Xavier and Magneto are idiots (or they purposely turn a blind eye to some things because they need them) but there is no way they these guys should be running around with some real checks on them. I think that is fair complaint/assessment to be critical of level trust they have in the villians on Krakoa.

Yes Whatever Mystique does in retaliation will be deserved,No doubt I agree with that but it also true that Mystique deserves zero trust and her past behavior justify the treatment she is getting. I think both thing can be true
    Mystique betrayed x-men on a regular basis. I think the only reason she is there is to lkeep some things as secret and to do dirty jobs.
    We saw magento say that "kill no human" doesn't apply to her
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-15-2020 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    We saw magento say that "kill no human" doesn't apply to her
    For clarity we saw Magneto say "kill no human" doesn't apply to anyone killing in the defense of their county. Kill no human has never meant zero tolerance on killing humans it has always been clear they are situations where it has been okay.

I am sure that in your country there is also a law that prohibits murder but there are dozens of "buts" as self-defense, death penalty, martial law or war.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    For clarity we saw Magneto say "kill no human" doesn't apply to anyone killing in the defense of their county. Kill no human has never meant zero tolerance on killing humans it has always been clear they are situations where it has been okay.
    Agreed I guess the difference is that itīs different to kill a human woman whoīs building Nimrod, a sentinel designed to kill mutants on a big scale and a previous version almost got to do this with Utopia, to other humans who are just around living their lifes. Itīs not the same to defend yourself from ppl who would kill you and ppl like you without blinking to begin a confrontation with people who donīt have anything to do with you.

About Mystique: Yes, sheīs being mistreated and my guess is that itīs not only about her past, itīs about what thing she and destiny especifically did to Moira that has Charles for once acting again as a person with feelings and emotions, yes, he says Krakoa is more than his and Mystique relationship but in reality they are pretty much acting on their feelings more than on their mission.

Still Xavier and Magneto are not sending her on missions she would not do by her own initiative, what sheīs doing is something the X-men and X-force usually do, itīs just them letting her think sheīs going to have Destiny back sooner than she will whatīs wrong with their relationship with her and I hope they correct it before she does try to burn down the island because of that one situation they created or Charles could even use that as justification to send her with Sabretooth just to be petty, who knows.

The main problem is that they donīt have that kind of leverage with Apocalypse and Mr Sinister as they donīt care that much about other people but I donīt think this means they have not been spying them, after all Magneto seemed to know Sinister was doing things on the side and that he would be able to get Psylocke out the Island in the Fallen Angels title and Apocalypse is taking otherworld to do stuff probably because Xavier would detect him if he does that on the island. Yes, thereīs no reason why Xavier and Magneto had to complicate more a fragile situation like Krakoa by bringing people that will act on their own interest always, maybe they think keeping an eye of them close by is better than letting them out doing what they do completely out of sight? I guess thatīs their pov. Not sure if I agree but itīs interesting to know if this will end better than with Krakoa falling appart.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-15-2020 at 10:54 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Incredible Member

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet:

M: I hate you. I've always hated you.

X: Hey, remember when we got married and had a kid together?

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post

I thought about it but after Tempus traveled back in time and "killed" that superOmega, it never happened anymore.

lol to be fair the dialogue from this issue really makes them sound like a husband and wife post divorce fighting over their new/old significant other. I donīt remember Bendis run well but isnīt their kid supposed to be born in the future? also mystique seemed to take Moiraīs form while giving birth to him which just gives a whole new meaning to their actual confrontation.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Incredible Member

Yea but there must have been SOME not hate...? Also Jr X is still around.

Yea but there must have been SOME not hate...? Also Jr X is still around.
    Well they used to have a partnership, Mystique used to do work for Xavier behind the X-menīs back acording to some retcon issues the thing is that I guess this happened before she tried to kill Moira on Muir Island in cold blood and stab Rogue while she was at it. They could have grown close and now feel betrayed by each other. In comparision her relationship with Magneto is more bussines like.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    It is not that she can't get her wife back...it is not a situation like with Kate Pryde and the gates...it is not that they can't clone Irene...it is that they won't because they will not allow precogs who will see that no matter what...Krakoa will fail. And if that gets out all this mutant unity will go away.
    I don't believe this is correct. If Moira dies, everything gets reset so it's critical to her that she stay hidden. Destiny, who has already ordered her murder, can see her. That's why she doesn't want any precogs so she can stay hidden.

HOWEVER, it's possible that what you're saying is also the reason, but we haven't seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Yeah, it's sort of hard to really blame Mystique when Magneto and Charles know who she is and what she can do. Are they hoping she betrays them?
    This is similar to what I'm thinking. Moira has told Charles and Erik things that we the readers haven't seen. This whole situation could very well be a way to get rid of Raven, hoping Orchis captures or eliminates her. "You need to go back. OK one more time. Try again".
    Or they have some other plan for her based on what Moira knows.

I personally feel for Raven but I also don't trust her.
    Last edited by JB; 02-15-2020 at 11:45 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

By Xavier's own admission...they don't trust her. But they are certainly quite willing to use her to carry out their plans by dangling Irene's resurrection as the pay out.
    Now, they have every intention of not living up to their promise and yet they want her to complete the mission?
    Fock-dat-shyt.
    Raven would be fully justified if she turned around double-crossed them.

She is not to be trusted, not because of her nature, but because they don't want to trust her...which, given their history is understandable but...when the stakes are this high, trust has to flow both ways especially when dealing with someone as dangerous as Mystique.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-15-2020 at 11:48 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I don't quite know where she stands and she's the only one on the Council I can say that about. My biggest concern is her unstable mood swings.

Imagine: Somehow they work it out and bring Destiny back. Irene loves Krakoa and its fresh air, new energy. Starts chatting up a fresh, young, cute, lesbian mutant, living her BEST life. Raven burns Krakoa to the ground. Escándalo!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    She is not to be trusted, not because of her nature, but because they don't want to trust her...which, given their history is understandable but...when the stakes are this high, trust has to flow both ways especially when dealing with someone as dangerous as Mystique.
    I agree trust should go both ways the problem is that this perception of Mystique from the X-men part has some history.

And yes after this Mystique shot Rogue in the back during a mission and joined Mr Sinister but it was to save her from a mortal virus by almost sacrificing Hope(when hope was a baby) to get Rogue to live because Irene left behind in her diary that was the only way to save Rogue and when that happens Raven follows her instructions to the letter similar with how now Magneto and Charles are kind of following Moiraīs directive but adding their own take on it.

This was Rogueīs reaction after she woke up and knew what Mystique did that time.

Mystiqueīs perceptions and actions have been all over the place for many years, I like this new take Hickman is taking making her be more sympathetic but I think itīs unfair to judge the other characters when they react to her past actions.

I think at least Magneto and Xavier will go around to get Destiny back but Xavier is the one in charge of ressurections and right now he seems particulary angry at Mystique. This will either crash and burn or they will get to an understanding, knowing Hickman probably both things will happen.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-15-2020 at 12:13 PM.