Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    It's possible to be smart and also harm innocent people.
    true, but im making up an impossible scenario since mystique is stupid as a pile of rocks most of the time

Excellent issue. The best so far imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Moira: NO PRECOGS
    All the more reason why Krakoa is corrupt at its core. You can’t say all mutants, good and evil, are welcome and then proceed to start throwing in exceptions. On top of that, that rule only exists so that they can maintain their power by figuratively keeping mutantkind blind and thus blindly following them like sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I also think it's pretty telling that when the opportunity presents itself, Xavier and Magneto are very much willing to have their agents slit someone's throat in their sleep despite all the pretense they put forward with the initial orchis mission/kill no man rule.
    I don’t really know how much more simple it can be out. The law is to kill no man, yes. When the man/woman in question is solely responsible for the building of a mass murder machine for the purpose of death and subjugation, your right to life is forfeited. Like, that’s it. To act like any industrialized nation in the world with laws against “murder” wouldn’t do the same if the threat was imminent is quite frankly bizarre.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    All the more reason why Krakoa is corrupt at its core. You can’t say all mutants, good and evil, are welcome and then proceed to start throwing in exceptions. On top of that, that rule only exists so that they can maintain their power by figuratively keeping mutantkind blind and thus blindly following them like sheep.
    Especially when, again, one of the mutants we're talking about is Blindfold. She isn't Destiny. She would never betray the X-Men. But she is being sacrificed for the good of Krakoa and that doesn't sit right with me.

This issue was amazing. this new status quo is so fresh....everybody feels complex...the heroes feel like pricks, the villains feel redeemable. It's so out of the curb.

"I want my wife back" is immediately iconic !

he writes a great Mystique and a fabulous Destiny.
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

burning it down isnt much of a solution either, if this forces moira to reveal herself then good.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I don’t really know how much more simple it can be out. The law is to kill no man, yes. When the man/woman in question is solely responsible for the building of a mass murder machine for the purpose of death and subjugation, your right to life is forfeited. Like, that’s it. To act like any industrialized nation in the world with laws against “murder” wouldn’t do the same if the threat was imminent is quite frankly bizarre.
    See, that'd be fine, if they didn't set the specifications before hand with the Original orchis mission. AKA, only lethal force against those directly applying it. Else they woulda just blown the whole space station up.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    of course there is, but mystique and destiny arent the proper vehicles to chalenge that since both are borderline psychotic and selfish.
    give me any other characther not the baby thrower, then I. can expect a bit of nuance.
    I disagree they are the perfect characters to questions Krakoa’s authenticity. Most of the other characters are either clueless, too self involve or too blinded by their trust and loyalty to Xavier to pursue this course. Mystique is one of the few X-men characters not afraid to strike on their own. She often thinks for herself and doesn’t let the more influential mutants dictate her path.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Especially when, again, one of the mutants we're talking about is Blindfold. She isn't Destiny. She would never betray the X-Men. But she is being sacrificed for the good of Krakoa and that doesn't sit right with me.
    There were rumors back in Necrosha that she is somehow related to destiny. Maybe Xavier’s trying to prevent a potential conflict of interest because of it was true I’m sure Mystique can recruit her to their side.

So what was the point of Jean on the Orchis mission? Not to bring up an old argument but people on here said she was there to connect the team's memories to Xavier so he could download them to Cerebro but in this issue we learn that wasnt the case

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    I disagree they are the perfect characters to questions Krakoa’s authenticity. Most of the other characters are either clueless, too self involve or too blinded by their trust and loyalty to Xavier to pursue this course. Mystique is one of the few X-men characters not afraid to strike on their own. She often thinks for herself and doesn’t let the more influential mutants dictate her path.
    she strikes on her own not because of any sense of individualism or being a higher thinker that is cunning or even wise, she strikes on her own after screwing people over and looting what she can from the ashes, she is completly amoral and loyal only to herself, her going agaist any institution isnt new because of her history.
    no matter what krakoa would do mystique would find a way to "go on her own" because of her core

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    A united mutant race is more formidable than if they were divided into smaller factions like before.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    A united mutant race is more formidable than if they were divided into smaller factions like before.
    This is animal farm as hell.