Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

But why keep a close eye on her or pacify her?
    She's already planning stuff and she has a seat at the top table. They've given her the means to plan stuff.
    Sorry, maybe my english is not coming across well here.
    I mean, if they ignore her, she cant do much, they are more powerful. I get the purposes for plot, it is exciting however, I just dont understand the in-story reason.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    To keep a close eye on her. Mystique naming her house the oracle is sweet but also creepy.

The Sentinel City is a scary idea
    And thumbing her nose at Chuck and co with the name.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I still think he can't write women,. He writes them on very similar personality traces, they are the bad girls
    But he writes almost everyone like that.

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    She's already planning stuff and she has a seat at the top table. They've given her the means to plan stuff.
    I mean, if they ignore her, she cant do much, they are more powerful. I get the purposes for plot, it is exciting however, I just dont understand the in-story reason.
    The Quiet Council isn't really the top table though. Moira is. The QC is a symbolic gesture used to manipulate the people of Krakoa into believing they have a normal government and not just some woman sitting alone because she's experienced some stuff.

BANNED

Mystique: I hate you. I’ve always hated you.

Charles:

Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 02-12-2020 at 01:44 PM.

She could cause a coup d'etat

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But he writes almost everyone like that.
    He has far more range on male characters, I liked his Reed and captain america before going bersek. Also Bob and Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    I think it was more to pacify her temporarily. There is a certain amount of prestige to be in the company of some of the most powerful mutants in Krakoa. Most villains tend to have big egos and what better way to inflate one’s ego that give her a seat in the table.
    Even Magneto and Apocalypse acknowledged (in POX #6) that Winter section of the Council is troubling (Mystique, Sinister, Exodus). Mystique is a high profile mutant; her involvement symbolizes mutant unity... but Mystique is only interested in what is best for Mystique. Friends close and enemies closer.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

NOW we're getting somewhere. This is one of the best DoX issues overall! Simply great content. It has it all - drama, intrigue, romance, building tension, uncovering mysteries.

My predictions = Mystique vs Moira is coming soon but Moira will likely win at least "the first round". We'll find out though

I love how Destiny is like the most important character in all of DoX even without being alive
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Fantastic Member

Because along with Sinister, they expect Mystique to cause trouble. Like that saying goes, it’s best to have your enemies closer so you know what they are up to. Charles and Magneto are well aware they need to keep an eye out for Raven. It’s best they know where is and what she is up to. Besides, it was a gear way to send to missions to get her distracted. They know she’ll catch up eventually but they were trying to buy time before all hell breaks lose.

Best issue of the series!
    >I feel like this should have been issue #2. Why can't Hickman be like this every issue? I know he's setting stuff up in this series but damn, we also need plot progression on the plots that already exist. If X-Men was on a weekly schedule, I'd understand but this is pretty slow going for...Hordeculture.
    >The art was nice.
    >Destiny is that bitch! I absolutely love her!
    >Would Raven really let an entire society collapse and millions of peopl... sorry, mutants die if she doesn't get her one true love back? I wish a MF would!!! I haven't liked Mystique in years but this has made her SO interesting. Genuine emotion and understandable actions are not things I readily associate with Mystique but here they are. This is the best she's been written in years.
    >Can't Charles just read her mind to ensure compliance? It's certainly not like he's above such things, especially now that the morality gloves are off.
    >When resurrected, Mystique has the skull on her forehead. It's so key to her identity that she creates it even when freshly resurrected and naked?
    >A Nimrod? Does this mean... Does this mean that we'll get Nimrod the Lesser back?! YAY!!!
    >The key ingredient in creating Nimrods is a Ghostbusters ghost trap?
    >How did ORCHIS not check every single square inch of their Forge for bombs and other devices after the mutant incursion?
    >The Mercury Sentinel City, the Venus listening posts, the completed repairs on the Forge... This is why the X-Me... er... the mutants should have blown the Forge up. Leaving behind all that advanced technology and those brilliantly twisted minds was a huge mistake.

More issues like this one, please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Burn them, Raven.
    Burn them all.
    And do it slowly, so they don't forget how it feels.
    LOL!
    Destiny really has a fire fetish... and I'm here for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

"They want us blind for some reason. But you and I, my dear, were born to see."
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    What do you think Destiny knows about Krakoa that would make her want to burn it
    Moira is there for one. I don’t think Destiny cares about burning Krakoa so much as vengeance to Moira for keeping her dead

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Moira is there for one. I don’t think Destiny cares about burning Krakoa so much as vengeance to Moira for keeping her dead
    Has her death been THAT boring??? Destiny needs to get an AFTERlife
    GrindrStone(D)

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Moira is afraid of Destiny(wow), but she is primarily afraid of everyone learning the truth that they always lose. Which Magneto and Xavier are pigheaded enough to believe they personally can change.
    Check the quote again, It was "Apart we always lose". The whole idea behind Krakoa was to do something different, something that isn't doomed to failure. You're taking what Moira says at face value, missing the context behind what she says and leaving out more of the discussion later in the same issue. Whats more the knowledge of Moira's past lives doesn't weaken the argument in favor of Krakoa, it strengthens it because it shows the failure of the different ideologies when operating separately.

POX pg 35.jpg
    POX pg 36.jpg

She says "No precogs" but then immediately starts in on "her" (Destiny). "She has way's of seeing me and I am a weakness because my death ends all of this."

The logic behind it is that if Moira's power becomes known than anyone who wants to stop the mutants only has to kill one person. Xavier and Magneto explicitly put it out there that they view the prohibition as temporary. The rest of the issue makes it very clear that the only one actually against precogs is Moira, and she's stuck on Destiny. Destiny killed her painfully and horrifically and threatened her with a final death.

One last thing just to be clear, I fully acknowledge this as my own interpretation, but the idea that the precogs aren't allowed because it will expose the dark secrets underpinning Krakoa fails because the only "dark secrets" they've shown are Moira's alive and many lives and that they are deliberately not reviving precogs. That idea is really a legacy from when people were predicting a pseudo invasion of the body snatchers, or a sinisterized Xavier, or one of the other evil Krakoan mastermind theories from earlier in the run.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 02-12-2020 at 03:15 PM.